Personality change, denial or what
My son admitted being addicted to Oxy and went to a methodone clinic. He was/is having withdrawal symptoms. He has a wife & baby. His behavior 2 nights in a row were sporadiac and concerned me. He left my house, I called to see if he made it home. I waited 10 minutes, called again. Then it hit me that he had stopped at a friends house. I went to the door and very quietly, outside, ask if I could take the baby. He said he was leaving anyway. I get a call 10 minutes later, him screaming that I had embarrassed him, called him 90 times and on and on. Then I didn't hear anymore until 2 am when his wife sent a threatening text that I didn't like her, I had better never threaten her with taking her child away again, that SHE was in control, not me. It blew me and the rest of the family away. We still have NO idea where this came from. Suspecting my son told her all this, but for what reason? Nothing like this has ever gone on with us. I can't force him to be in our lives but is he going to regret it? Is this behavior typical? We're concerned about the baby being in his care while he's on the methodone. Any thoughts?
I think it's typical behavior for an addict under some kind of pressure and methadone can cause some moodiness...

You're right to be concerned about the baby. Methadone is still an opiate with all the associated dimming of senses.  Don't let him yell at you...tell him you're concerned for the baby and it's better that you're telling him and not CPS.   Does his wife abuse drugs?  Her behavior is suspect as well...a 2 am text message?  Not mature.
I will just comment on the last part:

"I can't force him to be in our lives but is he going to regret it? Is this behavior typical?"

When I was using and my mom did what you are doing...it just pushed me away. I understand your concern but when dealing with an addict you have to be methodical....not emotional.  Im sure its hard...thats your boy....but you risk pushing him away by showing up at friends houses asking for the baby. If its that big a deal and a dangerous situation for your grandbaby...file something in the courts for custody. Document all the shady behavior...2am texts and say hey, "you give me the baby until your clean or I take this info to DPS"

Very good info from above..I was on the methedone for 12yrs and yes. I can look back into my 6m clean and see I was thinking with a drug brain..I was a bit on the nutty side and was doing things and acting ways I would of never did had it been without the methedone..I only wanted to hear what I wanted to hear and it leads to saying things we do not even know we said...So to me he did say that to his wife or she too took it wrong..No addict wants you to disturb there world...
God Bless u do not take it like it is your failure...
vickie