Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Pharmacy messed up the refills on my last script

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I got my prescription filled on 6/12/12. My Dr wrote it out for 2 refills as he always does. However a couple days ago i happened to look at the bottle and it said i had 0 refills. He always gives me 2 refills and i always take it to the same pharmacy. This happened once before but luckily i noticed it right as i was walking out the door. But now since i just noticed it i'm really worried they won't refill it. They can call my dr to check but he just had knee surgery and it's only him and his wife that work there and it's extremely hard to actually get someone to answer the phone at his office. I'm wondering if anyone knows if they would have a copy of the original script i brought in, like maybe they scanned it into the computer or something? I'm really stressed out about this. I want to try to go get it refilled as soon as possible so i can figure out what to do if they won't refill it. If i got it filled 6/12 would i be able to get it refilled 7/6? I don't have ins but i don't remember how soon i can it refilled. I know i have done it 5 days earlier in the past. I just want to get it over with so it doesn't keep hanging over my head.
I think the bigger question here is why doesn't you Dr. answer his phone?  Something doesn't sound right about that.
Hi Layna, just go back to the pharmacy and talk to them! If it's your regular pharmacy, they will know you! Plus they have records to look at and see it's always 2 refills! Worst case they can call your doctor to verify! You haven't run out so if it takes a day or 2 you should be ok! Don't stress to much, it will work out ok! Take care!!
I agree with Sonrissa.  I am sure they have to keep the paper copy for quite awhile.  I had a problem with blood pressure meds once and phoned the pharmacy and they verified that I was right from the original script.
My biggest problem is if i can't get them refilled on Fri i will run out and also if the pharmacy wants to verify it with my dr that's a big problem for me because they honestly never answer the phone at the office. But yes i am hoping they either have my original script on file or can look back and see i always had refills. I've had a lot of bad luck when it comes to my meds thats why i sound so upset about this. I'm sorry i'm just worried. Thank you for your responses.
You didn't mention what it was for, but I don't think the pharmacy will let you run out of something you need! Once when, I ran out of my prescription, I went to the pharmacy to pick it up! Well, their debit card machine was down and I would have had to go to the bank for cash! They offered to give me a 2 days supply so I could go to the bank! It was really nice! try not to worry, until you have to! You should be ok!!
I understand your anxiety believe me.  Phone your pharmacy first thing in the morning and ask them to check into it.  It's their job so they will have to check it out for you.  They also may have different numbers or can also fax your doctor.  
Try and relax and see what happens in the morning.
They WILL have a copy of the original rx and  should have no problem looking it up for you.  As far as the question of refilling it early, it all depends on what drug it is and if it is a 30 day supply. If it is a controlled substance or narcotic, it's doubtful.  Laws are strict on that.
hi i know my chemist wont give out repeats even though ive been gettin the same prescription for the last 16 yrs
I shouldn't say he NEVER answers his phone but it's very rare that he does. I agree it's weird. Luckily since i go to that pharmacy all the time they filled it even though they showed me the prescription and it turns out my Dr never circled how many. I can't believe i didn't catch that!!
Thank you everyone for your help, i accidentally picked someone as "best answer" since i'm still not used to this site but everyone answered me in a very helpful and respectful way and i really appreciate everyone's answers.
well its 2 weeks later,i hope everything worked out
i am answering in a respectful way too, but you may not like my answer.
Quit now beofre it goes on like this longer and it is harder to quit.
You will always be at the mercy of the pharmacist or the doc. What if your doc decides to move one day?
I don't know, I can't help but try to save you. This is just a taste of what is ahead of ryou unless you jump off.

hugs and blessings,
Lily
Lily.... You have a keen eye... But I think we all do in this situation,....

Layna careful the path your on... Just us watching out for ya
yes Vecci4u, you are right. we all do.

layna, read the forums, read them well, please. PLEASE.

Blessings and hugs,
Lily