Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Phenobarbital for benzo addiction,, anyone familiar?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Is anyone familiar with the use of phenobarbital for benzo addiction? What to expect? Will I still have wd. Should I just taper the klonopin. I take 1.5mg total  a day. .5mg 3xday? Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.
ohhhh boy I have heard it used for narcotic wd but this is the first I have heard with benzos normally they use Valium with most benzos .Look in my journals there are some tapers for klonopin. I dont know if they will help but check it out it might be helpful,
hi there, seems im here for the same question. i have been suboxone for 7 days, with the first week my dr gave mye 5 mg  valalium e ery 6 hours. i have been on perks, hydro for about 5 years max use per day was about 15 hydro's  when i didnt have them i used about 8 or 9 perks (10mg) a day. i did great for a few months only used as  prescripted..
bascically i got tried of chasing pills, counting pills, not making plans unless it was around refil day..went to sub dr yesterday he uped my sub to 3 8mg a day and gave me phenbarbital 30mg to take every 4 to 6 hours for acute agitation. i know nothing about these pills, just some reading in the web. any info on this subject, subs, valium, phenobarbital, wondering what acute agitation means?
I'm on suboxone as well 8/2mg x 3 a day. I was addictded to opiates and benzos before i started the program. I went thru detox and started outpatient 18mos ago. I was on subs 24mg a day and valium 45mg a day. Dr. did a slow detox with the valium and 2 days ago i went from 16mg of valium (daily) to 60mg of phenobarbital (a day).. i was expecting to feel pretty much ok. NOT the case! I am hurting BAD... Has anyone had a similar experience?? or have any comments about the subject? thanks..
This is a very old thread.  Go to the top of this page to the orange button and copy/paste this there.  That will stop a new thread and that way you will not be missed and get the support you need.