Phenobarbital for benzo addiction,, anyone familiar?
Is anyone familiar with the use of phenobarbital for benzo addiction? What to expect? Will I still have wd. Should I just taper the klonopin. I take 1.5mg total  a day. .5mg 3xday? Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.
ohhhh boy I have heard it used for narcotic wd but this is the first I have heard with benzos normally they use Valium with most benzos .Look in my journals there are some tapers for klonopin. I dont know if they will help but check it out it might be helpful,
hi there, seems im here for the same question. i have been suboxone for 7 days, with the first week my dr gave mye 5 mg  valalium e ery 6 hours. i have been on perks, hydro for about 5 years max use per day was about 15 hydro's  when i didnt have them i used about 8 or 9 perks (10mg) a day. i did great for a few months only used as  prescripted..
bascically i got tried of chasing pills, counting pills, not making plans unless it was around refil day..went to sub dr yesterday he uped my sub to 3 8mg a day and gave me phenbarbital 30mg to take every 4 to 6 hours for acute agitation. i know nothing about these pills, just some reading in the web. any info on this subject, subs, valium, phenobarbital, wondering what acute agitation means?
I'm on suboxone as well 8/2mg x 3 a day. I was addictded to opiates and benzos before i started the program. I went thru detox and started outpatient 18mos ago. I was on subs 24mg a day and valium 45mg a day. Dr. did a slow detox with the valium and 2 days ago i went from 16mg of valium (daily) to 60mg of phenobarbital (a day).. i was expecting to feel pretty much ok. NOT the case! I am hurting BAD... Has anyone had a similar experience?? or have any comments about the subject? thanks..
This is a very old thread.  Go to the top of this page to the orange button and copy/paste this there.  That will stop a new thread and that way you will not be missed and get the support you need.