Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Please help me... Prescribed 24 mg suboxone daily and script has disape...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Please help me... Prescribed 24 mg suboxone daily and script has disapeared...

I've been taking 24 mg of suboxone daily for 2 months due to a 40-50 10/325 norco habit that's been going on for over a year and a half.  The only thing i can guess it that my bottle fell out of my purse.  Last month, thought, I was on vacation and it came missing from my hotel room so I had to file police report, dr was very hesitant on giving me more but now a $399.00 cash 10 day old script is gone and I have NO money left.  I noticed 3 days ago and thought oh ****, this is going to be SO bad.. but I knew I'd have a few days...so last night I jumped up at 10:30 with a HORRIBLE sweaty, drooly, dizzy stomach upset that followed with diarrhea finally and then I started vomiting profusely into a trash can in front of me... then 10 minutes later my chest started to hurt horribly... right in between my breasts a little low, every time I tried to breathe in, so I took .5 mg xanax, it didn't help.  At every exhale or word spoken or whispered I was in INTENSE pain so we called 911... my bp and hr were a little high and my but my heartbeat was totally irregular and they said while not life threatening that it was probably the withdrawals.  So my Mom came, took me to the ER - all the while the vomiting was uncontrollable and everywhere and the pain was horrible (my tolerance is pretty high - I had gall bladder issues for 9 months before I had it removed AND I've given birth at home with midwives twice drug-free) each time I exhaled.  They drew blood, did a quick x-ray, gave me anti nausea threw the IV and ativan which knocked me on my ***, while still in pain.  They gave me a prescription for xanax and anti-nausea for the withdrawals...and then (hang in here with me...you need all the info!) my Mom found two of my 8mg sub's at home and I took those and noon and laid back down and when I woke two hours later I was perfectly fine - it was indeed the suboxone, but those two that I took now 8 hours ago is IT.  The dr won't give me anymore, I literally don't have a dime.  I bought the stuff for the Thomas Recipe but it didn't do anything at all for me.  My question, while maybe stupid, is true - I'm a single mother of two young girls and to go through what I did the last 24 hours WITHOUT help (my guy and mother were off work today, but I won't be that lucky tomorrow or the next day) is not humanly possible.  What I do have, however, is a bottle of 10/325 norcos that I've had since I started the sub program in November.  I honestly have no desire to become a junkie again, I just want to be able to cope with the day... so How long after taking that 16 dose at noon today, will I hit heavy withdrawals?  And when I do, will they be relieved by taking just 1 norco?  During my active addiction I took 9, 4 times a day so I don't even see myself getting high - I truly just want to get threw the withdrawal.  Please please any answers you have would be great.  I got on the sub while I had a job and was laid off 2 weeks before christmas so the sub money was out of pocket and 400$ a month.  Today I don't even have the money to go back to him (55$) plus the chances of an early refill after the other bottle vanishing last year is slim.  Please help me, detox is not an option - there is noone to care of my girls, sure I could tough it out but I have two little girls here that depend on me and doing that alone would be insanity.  
Thanks so much
Mama Sky
Sorry I never used sub. But if you post the question again when more people come on you may get more help.
PRAISE JESUS I dont have to do all that anymore !!!!!  If you want to get clean this is a great place for support.
Hi Mama Sky - this is a tough situation, I am sorry that your suboxone is gone.  If you were on a dose of 24mg, it really going to be a rough one - as you know.  Taking the hydro could potentially help, but it would take a few days for the sub to leave the body, so the hydro would not do much until that point.  Yes - it will help for withdrawal, but it's not the solution - you will be right back on your active addiction very quickly.  The other thing that you need to consider is that most sub docs have you sign a contract and drug test you during your visits.  If you were to test positive for hydro, your doctor could release you from treatment.  I know that you said detox is not an option, but this may be your only option at this point.  Keep posting, read the Thomas Recipe in the Health Pages - there are some good tips and suppliments that will help.  I wish you the best.
HEY KID LOOK AT THE AMINO ACID PROTO.  SORRY TO HEAR OF THE THEIFS GOT YOU-- HAPPENED TO ME -- WAS GETTING MY DRIVE WAY PAVED AND ON OF THE CREW CAME IN MY HOUSE IN MY BDROOM OPENED MY DRESSER AND TOOK A HANDFULL OF MY HYDROS-- HAD TO MAKE THE POLICE REPORT AND THE DR GAVE ME MORE-- I RESENTLY FIXED MY WD,S WITH TRAMADOL-- WORKED GREAT-- I HAVE A 100 OR MORE 10/325 AND ANOTHER 120 DUE ME NEXT THUR-- AND I DON'T WANT ANY -- THE TRAM WAS EASY TO QUIT CAUSE I ONLY USED IT ABOUT 15-20 DAYS   GOOD LUCK-- YOU CAN DOO THIS--  
this is all the advice you guys have, really?
salsinator gave you some good advice.  Could your mom watch the kids for you?
I'm sorry for the troubles you're going through.  I agree with dominosarah that salsinator gave you some good advice.  Going back to using the very thing you were trying to get off of is not the way to go.  As you said you were once taking 9 pills four times a day.  If you use the Norcos to help with your Sub wd's you will very likely be back at 36 Norcos a day very quickly.  It's scary and hard to go through wd's but nobody on here is going to suggest you go back to using in order to avoid them.  We feel for you because we're all either going through similar things or have gone through them.  Many of us have gone through it numerous times so we know how hard it is.

My best suggestion to you is that you keep coming here.  For me this place has really helped.  Keep posting and keep reading posts.  There are some wonderful people here who honestly care.
I've picked up the script for norcos, taken out two, put them away and given the remainder to a friend who's been instructed not to give me more then 2 per day for 3 days, then 1.5 for 3 days, then 1 for 3 days then 1/2 for 3 days and I'll split those dosages twice up during the day...and he's a hard *** and there's no way he'll bend, even if I beg...my hope is to take it at a tapered schedule until the sub is out of my system...and if, god please no, i get out of control again the WD from norco is so much more do-able then the sub...
just feel like im in a total mind fudge, ya know?
hmm..
Hi How are you,  I read your story and understand exactly what you are going threw but I think I can shead some very real experience and I think almost all the advice I hear is ********.  People just say hang in there and stupid **** like that have no idea.  I noticed your post is a couple of years old and I hope things are better but I have no doubt it has been and will be a struggle. Soboxone has a half life that the doctors dont even know what that is I think.  Anybody that has taken soboxone knows it only takes a speck of the drug to be effective which touches on the strength of the medication.  But what happens is it builds up in your system and depending how much you take and other factors will all effect you withdraw duration and length.  You have been on 24mgs per day and good god why that is a heavy dosage which means it builds up in you system everytime you take it.  The half life is every 72 hours half of it leaves you system which would mean withdrawl (withdrawal) will last a prolonged peroid of time.  Someone taking 24mgs per day with experience withdraws for longer than 30 days.  The doctors dont mention that when they prescribe it and going threw withdrawl (withdrawal) for 5 days on opiates seems much more manageable for me.  You will lose a job the world will not stand still for you for 30 days and then longer than that to recovery because the damage to the body for mal nurishment and the brain needs to realign its circuitry, again the doctors never ever mentioned any of that to me when they poisened my body for 3 years where I was sick every single day.  About me I was on 24mg per day for 3 years and had a car accident that caused me to have neck surgery which turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  I had to quit sub because of the surgery and did so about a week before my surgery.   I went threw withdrawl (withdrawal) for over 40 days after the suregery and the only thing that gave me relief was the loratabs for me neck surgery.  Without going into detail to much every tree hugger, 12 stepper or judgemental idiot would tell you that I am making a mistake by taking the very same thing that caused me to take the subs to begin with but I would have never ever ever taken a sub knowing how grouling the withdrawl (withdrawal) which is 20 times worse than any withdrawl (withdrawal) I have experienced.  The ending to this story is take anything to help get threw the sub withdrawls and fight the other fight after subs are gone.  This is a fact of how it worked for me and I have been clean for over a year and am never looking back.  All of the advice I read is total 100% ******** and will not work.  Subs are a evil drug and a real life example that the cure is worse than the disease.  If this helps one person I would be happy.