Please help me with my Percocet Addiction!
Hi!

I come here today because I know I need a support group if I am ever going to be able to kick this habit.  I am a single mother to a 3 year old boy.  My life is nothing but stress, and his father gives me no type of child support, neither physical, emotional, or physical.  I have a wonderful mother, and wonderful siblings.  I was not a great teenager, always getting into trouble.  I got pregnant with my son at 22.  I was married to his father, and it turned out he was using me for his green card.  When I had my son, the performed a C-section.  I was given Percocet for this procedure.   Long story short, when I took these percs, the pain was GONE and I didn't dwell on my son's father day and night.  After my prescription ran out (it lasted about 2 days), and the dr wouldn't refill, I stopped taking them.  Then 7 weeks later, when I got a job, someone was selling them at the job. I was really going through it with my husband and I started buying them everyday to deal with my emotional problems that I was having.  They made me feel great, and not so emotional about the fact that this man was treating me SO BAD.  Ever since then, I'm addicted.  Now I finally go rid of the loser, and I have another loser to deal with.  This addiction.  I decided last night that I was going to quit today.  Unfortunately, the withdrawal was unbearable.  I have to work and take care of my son.  I can not tell my mom about this, as she is not understanding about addictions. She told me when I had my son that he was MY son.  I carry that with me, and know she has 2 jobs and is not able to stop her life to take my son while I go to a rehab or even just while I detox.  I had so many things I had to do today,  I just couldn't do them with those symptoms so I bought 10 end 10.  I want to stop!  Please, someone describe how I can taper off of them, starting the first day (tomorrow) with 5 perc 10.  Please I want my life back!  I can't afford a week off of work or a week away from my son.  I will be forever grateful if someone can give me a way to do this that doesn't interrupt my entire life.  Thank you!
That is the same thing I'm going through to a T minus the whole sweaty and not sweaty thing. I keep taking my temperature like I'm dying or something, though. My husband JUST left the apartment to go and get me bananas and Gatorade, because people on here said that these two things will help me through the legs and electrolytes part of everything. I did take one tylenol [regular, not prescription] earlier to break the "temperature" that I had earlier, and that has really helped. I think that having him around and watching TV has really helped out with all of this. When he was at work this morning up until around 4pm, I was going stir crazy. I sort of let my manager in on what was going on with me right now -- told him I had a bad temperature -- and he said I didn't have to come in tomorrow, but I had to make sure I was there Friday afternoon as I'm scheduled. So I am grateful that JUST incase it gets worse tomorrow, I will be able to sweat it out here in the apartment.

It's really weird because I have been sneezing a lot today as well. More so than I have ever sneezed even while sick -- I find this weird, but some people have said this might happen when I asked the other day. My husband keeps getting me wet paper towels to blow my nose with, and that seems to be helping getting this "sick" feeling out of me.
Ok... so I after having a hard time falling asleep last night (tylenol pm) I actually slept pretty good!!!!  I have diarrhea like it's my job this morning, but I feel GOOD!!!!!!!!!

No more hot/cold, leg tremors, and mental stuff.... (as of now, ill keep you updated!)

I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that God made this easy for me this time (I don't plan on EVER taking another one again!) I consider it my get out of jail free card....

Just know that the symptoms DO subside, I felt dramatically better by the time I went to sleep last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more Perc!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good attitude MO !!!

some people get over the hump faster than others. also it can be a roller coaster ride some days. just be prepared for a battle .
Congratulations Mo Whoo Hoo way to go !! Your attitude is good keep it there as I think it makes a big difference in wd.. I'm so happy and proud of you and so happy you got some sleep.. it sure makes a difference !!.. Welcome to Freedom.. freedom to think clearly freedom of body and freedom from counting pills.. So proud of you !! Keep your eye on the goal. lesa
I want you all to know you have gotten me through this...

I honestly feel GREAT, after 2 days of hell..  I have NO desire for these things, I feel like I have my life back!  I got things I need to get done, done today!!!!! I was so scared, and afraid this would be a lot worse then it has been.  I truly believe that God decided I suffered enough!!  I didn't give into my temptations past 2 days, and he rewarded me.

My mind is so clear, and I feel so free.. SO WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't say thank you enough :)
HAVE YOU EVER DONE THE METHADONE PROGRAM ?
No, I actually just did a quick taper and then went CT and I honestly have to say the worst symptoms were over in 2 days...

Some of the things that I am still dealing with are insomnia and diarrhea...

I think you just have to do it, and stick with it, no matter what.  My thing was that I didn't want to just replace one addiction with another, unfortunately the W/D is not something you really can avoid, even with tapering.... although it was a lot less severe then when I went from a high dose to cold turkey...

I really feel good, and I have no desire for these pills....

I am so glad this is DONE now, I feel relieved, although sleep is hard to come across!
Oh yes, and today is Day 4 with NO opiates.....
Congrats on 4 days!!!!!!!!! Very happy that you got thru this fairly easy. Just remember, it will not be so easy if you relapse and have to do it again.
Don't let your guard down, don't be overconfident. You still will have challenges ahead. Make plans on how you will deal with things that may trigger you or situations that may arise, like someone offering you some pills. You need to be prepared. I know you feel strong now, and that's great, but there will be times when you'll feel weak. Disaster preparedness! lol
Congrats again and stay strong.
Magi
I do feel strong, and I also know everything you said is true!! I have actually eliminated any contact with these things, (cut people out, not answering phone, erased numbers), but also am prepared in case anyone ever offers!  I am going to start seeing a counselor next week to try and figure out the root of this problem, to try to prevent it happening again!  I feel like my addiction would come back in a different form if any... if that makes any sense!  I just know I don't even desire the pills!  I will continue to keep everyone updated!
So, I was addicted to Percocet 10's w 325 APAP for almost a year. Went through 20-30 pills a day, sometimes more (over dosed more than once). It all started bc I have a kidney disease. I tried to quit multiple times, but as we all know the with draw symptoms are unbearable. Not only was I severely depressed from the with draws, but I was in excruciating pain all over, along with the flu like symptoms and cold sweats. Literally hell on Earth. I went to my regular doctor (my urologist thought it crazy that I could possible addicted-yet he was the one writing me scripts for 50 at a time, every like 2 or 3 days) and told him my problem, and begged him to help me quit. He was so kind and understanding, and helped me taper off of them. He told me that if I had tried to stick w/ the cold turkey method, that the with draw symptoms last about 5-7 days. I tapered off over the period of a month. He gave me just enough to keep the with draws away, not enough to get high. I started the tapering by going down to eight 5/325 percs a day the first week, 6 the 2nd week, 4 the 3rd week, and 2 the 4th week. After that, he said that if I could live w/ just two a day, then I would no longer have the extreme with draw symptoms, and I was able to stop taking them all together. The occasional craving for them never goes away, and if I'm ever given them to treat something, I go right back to my old habit of abusing them, taking more than recommended (usually 4) at once, but, I no longer NEED them to feel NORMAL, and my whole entire world and existence is no longer based on  when I can take my next pills, and where I'm going to get my next pills from, and how many pills I have left, etc. Crazy how one tiny thing can control your whole, entire, world. Before this addiction, I was a critic, and was far from understanding about addicts. My mother is still the same way, but me on the other hand, not so much. Experiencing it first hand, I see how quickly and easily it is for things to get out of hand and for someone to lose control of their own life to something. I also found that when I had with draws, it did me good to write about them, write them down, or talk about them, but then again, nothing ever really relieves them except for the drug itself. I hope this helps anyone who's wondering how to taper off of them. You just have to be absolutely ready to quit in order to have the will power; it literally took me hitting rock bottom to quit. I hope this also helps pple who are doing it cold turkey, and are wondering just how long the with draws last.
I will save the sob story as it is similar to everyone on this board.  But long story short, 2 years at around 4-7 (percs; 5mg) a day depending on my mind set.  Going through w/d right now (in an attempt to quit) and it's a struggle just to write this post.  Just wanted to let you know how helpful all your posts have been, you especially Mo; would love to hear an update.  Thats all the energy I have to write.  Good luck to all, and myself as well.
Mo and I started the same day and we are going through the same thing. I'm waiting to hear an update from her as well, but she has been gone for a few days since her latest struggle. I wish I knew what was going on with her as well, because I miss hearing from her. Today makes 19 days sober from Percocets for me, and I wish she was here to share this with me... I miss her and hope that she is doing well.
Hi Lady, thank you very much for all your concerns and prayers :)

I have been here everyday, just silently observing.  Unfortunately, I have had 2 other days where I have relapsed (2 pills each day, Tuesday and Thursday) and because of this have been embarrassed and quiet.  I would love to say I have 19 days behind me too, but I would be lying.

Although it has not become a daily thing when I have taken them, each time was guilt-ridden, and I can see myself losing control all over again!  That is why I stay here reading and reminding myself WHY I am doing this.  The funny part is, both times I took them, they didn't have the effect they used to have.  They actually put me to sleep big time!!! That was why I took two both times, to try to achieve that superwoman feeling.  Instead, I feel asleep shortly after taking them and slept unusually long hours through the night.  So this is taking the desire to take them away for me.  I know I have to get back on a strict plan and this is how every recovering addict becomes a current addict again....

I would like to say I'm done for good now, but I said that before and was wrong.  I have absolutely NO plans to take anything, but I didn't on Tuesday or Thursday, but the lack of sleep was KILLING me.  Those days I relapsed were the ONLY days I got any decent sleep, although too much sleep at the same time.

Any words of wisdom or even if you want to give me some tough love, it's appreciated.  I can't imagine anyone can be tougher on me than I have already been.  Like I said, I have so much GUILT inside, this is why I have been QUIETLY trolling these boards.  I don't feel worthy to offer advice that I myself can't even listen to....
I have no tough love words to give to you right now, sorry. What you're saying to me above is nothing less and nothing more than normal. You're trying the best you know how and that's all that anyone can do through something like this. We're all struggling with the same exact thing whether one person relapses and another does not. You and I are still in this together, and I have no problem in pretending to be back at day one right wlong with you -- HEHE -- I just don't want you to think that this is something to be embarassed about, because if that were the case then there would be a lot of embarassed souls out there on the forums, trust me.

This is what we call life when there's an addiction involved in the mix of everything when you put it all together. You and I will come out on top of this, and those are the only words of wisdom I can share with you at this time; No tough love here as I know that we are all only human!
Hey mo2000, i just spent the last hour reading all of ur post and the responses. I to am a recovering addict from pain killers. and have resently relasped. I am a 22 year old cook at a restraunt had 2 years clean under my belt and lost it. I am not proud of it but the first thing i did was tell everyone. Because to get it off ur chest is so much more important then holding it in. Never be asshamed to tell anyone. u think u are the first to relaspe. well ur not thats why they call it an addiction. I do have some words of wisdom for you after reading your last post.

1st. u will never get the same high u use to get EVER EVER AGAIN. Thats the reason why we contiue to use drugs over and over again to chase that first high we ever got.
2nd. the sleep will get better everyday. u saying i havnt gotten much sleep so im gonna use, is just the addiction justifying urself to use again ( when i say use i mean take pills). ur mind will jusifty so many things for using again. They say cravings for pill only last for 20 seconds then they pass. and they say the main reason why u get cravings is casue ur mind is to idle. An idle mind is the devils workshop.
3rd. The main thing that i did to reduce cravings was keep my mind and body moving, move the body and the brain will follow. Workout go running, play games, read watcha  movie anything. and take nice hot and cold bathes. a saying that i was told was HALT hungry, angry, lonley, tired. If you avoid all those things ur craving will be reduced so much.
and one last thing i have to say. never say to urself i dont plann on using ever casue we dont know that. all u have to do is say im not gonna use today ill use tomm, then when tomm comes say it again im not gonna use today ill use tomm, and guess what tomm never comes, its always today. Keep in the day. never have one foot in the future and one foot in the past, cause all ur doing is pissing on the present lol.

well i hope at least 1 thing i said has helped u if so then my work here is done. My thoughts and prays are with u. God bless and good luck im here for u.
love
chris
I truly admire your coming here to this posting and putting what you did. It helped even me, believe it or not. Today I am 20 days sober from percocets and I know just what you're talking about when you say that an idle mind is the devil's workshop! This is my main reasoning for going out with my friends to the pool [now that it's summertime] and going our for walks, jogs and just driving around in my car with the music blaring out loud. To heck with everyone else if they don't like Aerosmith anymore, it WILL get played in my car right now! HAHAHAHAHA!

[Insert my dry humor right here. HAHA!]
Hey,

I know this is tough, but you did are doing the right thing!  Just look into your little boy's eyes and like you said...it makes it all worth it!  I wish you would have called me...I told you I would be here for you! You are an amazing person and a great mom!!!  You can do this!!!!  I will call you later today :)

Lots of Love,
K
You said so many things that helped me.......and boy I wont say I won't ever use again, cause truly I don't know that...........I surely pray I wont. I just have each minute ahead of me that I won't use, thats all I can promise myself.

I hope I never use again...........but time will tell.

Also what you said about staying busy, that helps a alot, keep the ole mind busy and your not just dwelling on the fact that you want a pill.

I just pray the day comes when I won't want another pill.

Everybody hang in there this is a new day that God has made.

Cissy
I know this isn't a post you started, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad to see that you're back here on the forums doing what you seemingly do best, and that is helping others through what we call recovery -- HAHA -- I also wanted to let you know that you're in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope that everything gets better for you after the surgery in which you just had to go through last week.
im glad what i have said has struck u and stuck in ur head. Im an here for everyone. this is what we do in recovery we helped others as we have been helped. Dont let it fool u that i am only 22 years old, i know a lot, one of those things is how to stay sober, i was once in recovery myself. recently falling off the wagon and trying to use these post to find my happyiness and serienty threw others. I love doing this, it gives me the chills when someone says hey chris what u said has helped me get threw the day today. everyone stay tough. and stay in there.
Thanks for all the words of encouragement.
You have been an inspiration to me.  I am married with two wonderful children. One 8 and the other 4.  Unlike your situation,  not only am I addicted to percocet, but my husband too.  I have been taking them for 2 years straight now and have tried to stop many times. In Octoberof 08 I  went to my doctor for help, which didn't.  He actually made it worse.  He put me on Lexapro which really screwed me up.  I tapered off of that in april 09.  That was horrible.  I now know what depression is.  I want to stop taking these things but I can not function without them.  I take anywhere from 4-6 pills a day.  I try everyday to cut down.  Sometimes I can, and sometimes I can't.  When I can I feel good about myself.  I have tried to stop cold turkey but I have two children that I have to care for.  I find myself needing a pill for every task.  whether it be making dinner,  giving them baths, or just going to the park.  I have to plan my day around how many pills I have.  The financial end of this is a killer.  Especially because there are two of us, my husband and I.  We are becoming irresponsible for the first time in our lives.  We are self employed with a small business  and this economy is killing us too.  I don't know what to do.  My husband finally sees that percocet are a big problem after me crying to him about it. But like I  said he is addicted too.  So when we try to taper, if one falls off the wagon the other goes too.  Not to say its his fault. I take full responsibility for my own actions,  but I think he may have a bigger problem than I do.  He justifies taking them in some way. I guess I do to sometimes.  But I know that I want to stop and I don't think he wants to even though he knows it is a big problem financially and emotionally.  I believe alot of my depression comes from the percs.  I NEED HELP.  I have no one to take care of my children if I have to go somewhere for it. Nor do I have anyone to help if I am home trying to take care of them dealing with the horrible aching legs or blurred vision.  I have tried talking to my  husband about it, and its like I keep hitting a brick wall with him.  One day he will do good and the next he will splurge because he did so good the day before.  I just want to be normal and live a healthy happy life with my family.  I am trying again the taper method.  Hoping my husband follows.
I am on day 5 of opiate withdrwal last night i couldn't take the pain anymore so i went to the  hospital i am a 29yr old single mom who works two jobs and i have never been so scared in my life as i am of my addiction.The Doc hooked me up with med's that lessend my symptoms and im actually about to sleep All i want to say is God can help bring peace to your souls and laughter back to our bellies  
Can someone help me with a taper if I am taking 15 percs a day? I NEED A PLAN
I don't know what to do and I feel so ashamed...I am on Day 3 of Percocet Withdrawals, I was taking up to 8 10MG/Day. My first 2 days were complete hell, but today, my third day I felt significantly better. But I really really really screwed up and took 2 10MG Loretabs. I am now crying, I mistook them for my Tylenol that for some stupid reason I placed these in the bottle with. I did rid the rest of what I had (I completely forgot they were in there, they were there for "just in case" situations") Although I do feel alot better, I know I'm still experiencing w/d symptoms...no where near as bad as the first 2 days, minor cold sweats...runny nose...that's really it. My question is how far back will taking these set me back?  Please if anyone can help and not criticize me, it was an honest mistake. I'm now bawling over this afraid I'm going to have to start this process all over again. I took 4 days off to do this, I only have 1 more day off. I can't feel like this at work. I work at a pretty strenuous pace, I can't be there without energy. Can someone please help????
guess what i'm on 15 percs a day too, and don't know where to start myself. what miligram are they, and how long.? we can help eachother. please reply, brookely
All I can say at this point is WOW. I know that it's been a long time since you've posted (or at least as far as I've been able to read) and I have to say that your story has inspired me. On the way home from work tonight after making another deal to get more from my supplier I realized how screwed up my life has become. I am currently on 12 10/325 Percocets a day. And even though I get 120 pills a month from my doctor I still have to buy alot from outside sources. I hit my rock bottom and decided after reading your posts that i can do this, I can be successful with this.  So thank you so much.
Hey,  i am on my 4th day and i feel alot better.  I still have the ***** and some chills,  but so much better.  I was on about 15 to 20 percs a day.  I wean down my doses until i got to four a day,  then finally i took  my last 2 pills on monday dec 13th at 3 am. I used the thomas recipe and am still currently. The time is 5:47 pm Thursday Dec 17th. I haven't taken any percs whatsoever. It was one of the hardest things i have ever been through in my life. But i knew it had to be done.  All the things around me were beginning to fall and the only choice i could make was to succeed, failing wasn't an option.  I have failed  not only me,  but put everyone elses lives on hold cause of my opiate abuse. If you suffer from this,  you can change it.  Most of us abusing these pills are abusing them just to feel normal or they're to scared of the withdrawals. The withdrawals last days,  your happiness and everyone else that loves you is worth a lifetime. So please if you need help,  then go to your doctors.  I am doing it cold turkey ,  and it has been terrible,  but i am pulling through. Please I would love to hear from someone that is struggling. Feel free,  there is no judging here. Merry Christmas.. This time around i will think 10 times before swallowing a percocet again,  cause i would fall flat on my face if i re-lapse this time around. The withdrawals are very important to remember when your clean,  cause they are what keeps you from relapsing again!
Where Are you mo? I'm someone in a similer situation that has gotten inseration from these posts. How about an update? Even if it's not a good one! If we have to start all over we will! I know after reading this I am.
I am on 10/325 8 aday for herniated disc but I also get percocet 30s occasionally as well maybe 2 times a week.  I have not taken them in about 24 hours and I somehow am really not feeling to bad, body just feeling aches a little.  Everyone remember within a week you should feel somewhat normal thats something to look forward to.  I have been through this over a hundred times im sure of it and it is a viscious cycle if you really need them.

high doses of b vitamins help with energy
I HAVE BEEN STRUGGLELING WITH THIS DISCUSTING ADDITION FOR YEARS....TAPPER DOES NOT HELP I DID IT SO MANY TIMES AND YOU START AGAIN . IF YOU DONT GO THROUGH THE HARD TIMES FROM THE WITHDRAWS YOU WILL ALWAYS GO BACK. I AM ON DAY 5 OFF THEM AND FEEL LIKE DYING BUT I WILL BEAT THIS.....TAPER IS A WAY TO MAKE YOU FEEL A LITTLE BETTER BUT IN THE END YOU GO BACK. I KNOW I DID THIS FOR OVER 5 TIMES NOW.......I HOPE PEOPLE READ THIS AND TRY TO BEAT THE WITHDRAWS AND IN THE END YOU WILL REMEMBER HOW SICK YOU GET WHEN YOU THINK OF TAKING ONE MORE OF THOSES DISCUSTING PILLS.......IF YOU HAVE PAIN THERE IS OTHER MEDS OUT THERE TO TAKE THEN NARCOTICS.......NARCOTICS SHOULD BE BANDED FROM USE.......GOOD LUCK TO ALL
Well I'm laying here all ****** up its my firstday iv gone through this and I'm a dumb **** for doing it again
moI have been taking nurofen + for about 6 years. I started to get really scared about the side effects when i got a pain in my kidney region. My three boys have already lost their dad from 3 frontal brain tumours. Funny thing is i only started taking it for a sore hip and back but depresssion set in and taking more relaxed me. How bad is that that i can buy a drug over the counter that can kill me. I am trying to wean myself of but am going through horrible side effects
Do u think it's possible to taper down from 10-15 pills a day to just 2-3 and stay lik e that? I don't like abusing them but I use to enjoy it when I was only taking 1-2 a day
I am in similar situation with no one to turn to for help except these kind of forom blogs and one friend. I have 2 kids and a nonsensitive husband. I am on day 2 with no percs however I have found a small amount of methodone to get me threw although I am just scared ******** that I'll get addicited to these. However there's no high with these it only curbs the withdraws a little. Good luck to u. Our children are our best motivation!
First of all, I just want to say that I am not in your situation and I can't even imagine what your pain and frustrations are, but I need to help my son's father get over this. I am usually very understanding, but when it comes to things like this, I can't. WHY can't he be stronger and deal with the stress like the rest of US, who have had (BTW, I had the same marriage prob, had baby with husb, got divorced, left alone with two kids and had to pay all bills and take care of kids and work on my own) it tough as well, and haven't turned to pills or drugs? On top of going through that I have THIS to deal with now. Its not easy for anyone now days. I've been sick as a dog. I've had kidney infections, I gave birth with no pain med's twice. I've been in a car accident, had my liver lacerated, been intubated, no ******* pain meds. 'cause liver might need to be operated and can't process meds. Just making the pharmaceutical giants rich and giving them a reason to keep making this ****. There is no reasoning with him. I don't know what to do. Help! would be much appreciated. Thanks
BTW I have also just been recently diagnosed with type2 diabetes. I am hypoglycemic which mean that if I don't eat when I'm supposed to, my blood sugar will drop so low that I start trembling and feel light headed to the point of passing out. I could end up in a coma if I don't eat exactly what I'm supposed to. I feel extreme nervouseness and heart races. My muscles feel as if they were fatigued thats why they shake. I feel disoriented, confused and need to eat sugar when this happens. There is no cure for this. Its something I will have to live with the rest of my life. You can do it, your life could be worse. If this is all you need to get rid off to better your life with your kids, then DO IT.
Oh my god I feel all your pain I m married my husband has no clue and I need his help and I text him and than can't send it I have to work everyday and my heart and legs and the sick feeling is getting to me Help!!!!!
This is hell took vicodin for 2 1/2 mths following knee surgery . Was down to taking 1 at night for last week..now haven't taken any for 48 hrs n feel like crap. I am determined to quit n will survive this!!!
I quit methadone cold turkey on July 24th.  I recently relapsed. I have been taking Percs. I am so stupid. I was hooked on oxy and methadone for years and finally decided to quit. My withdrawals from methadone were hell and now that I relapsed I'm in for it again. I know methadone is harder to kick than Percs but wtf. I just wanna kill myself for relapsing
These pills are not worth killing yourself.  Do you have children?  If you seriously think you will kill yourself please check into the hospital.  Beleive me I have been there.  I tried to buy a gun in January and the gun shop owner called the police because he thought I was acting funny.
Honestly a short term taper method won't due you much good seeing as with drawals can last up to twelve days if not more. believe me I know. Pills weren't my thing. Heroine was. And those wd's are much worse I promise you. Best bet is to throw all the pills down the drain. Or try your slow taper method to make them more tolerable.. Either way the wd's will be hell and there is no easy way to beat it. Burn your bridges. Toss the pills. Delete your dealers number. No retreat. I know it's not comforting and i apologize for that but cold turkey is the best option not supplementing one addiction for another. Best of luck
I have a different story for u guys. I'd had 2 children and my wisdom teeth cut out and kidney stones and never filled pain meds prescriptions! Never even considered it. I took the ibuprofen n that's it. Up until I had my 3rd child I never felt the need. My body and chemistry was changed with the 3rd or I was depressed. Whatever the reason my husband offered me a loritab to get housework done/have some energy. It was a few yrs b4 I had a real addiction but now it's his weapon! 2-4 percocet 10's a day 5 yrs!
Hello everyone,

I am a perc addict and have been for about 2 yrs. my addiction began a couple yrs ago when my brother got stabbed and was prescribed Tylenol 3 for the pain. I took 2 one day when I had a bad headache and it's been downhill ever since. I had surgery on my knee about a yr and a half ago and was prescribed percs for the pain.  I was getting 60 tabs from my doctor that should last me about 20 days but would only last me about a week so ive been buying them just to get me through till my next refill. Well 2 days ago I called my doctor up for my refill and he said he's cutting me off of them because I been taking too many for too long. Wtf!  So Ive had none since Monday. This addiction has completely taken over my life, financially, mentally and physically. I'm day 3 without any percs and the withdrawals are pure hell. No sleep, sweating, chills, depression, severe mood swings. I got some Tylenol 1's from the pharmacy just to help with the withdrawals and so I can get some sleep. My family doesn't know about my addiction (my fiancé knows I take them once in a while for pain but has no clue about the severity of the situation) so I have to act like I'm ok when really I just want to jump through a window. Reading these posts is helping me get through this. I know I can easily get my hands on some but I really don't want to go through this anymore. I want my life back : (
I dont have a pill problem but my daughters father does.. Me and him are not together but i care for him a lot and he finally has admited he has a prob and he going away (thank god) i dont understand why he even started cuz he used to use drugs b4 we had our daughter and he stoped for 7 years but besides all that i want to know what is the chance he will start again and should i trust him to b around my daughter cuz the 2 years he has been using percs he really hasnt seen her which im glad cuz i guess he loved her enough not to in danger her i hope he loves him self and her to stop... Good luck to u all
same here.  I am a married mother of 2 and was up to 100 mg of percocet a day . I spent only 2 days tapering . I went to my family doc and told him everything. he gave me ativan to help . I have been so scared . and yes today is day 4 and still ***** but slightly better than yesterday . the scary part for me is that not one single person knows or has known about my addiction , not even my husband . drink lots of water , go talk to ur family doc , and take the l-tyrosine . good luck  we can do it !
Honestly if you want to kick the habit for good, i honestly suggest you sign yourself into a in house rehabilitation center that is covered by your insurance or by the state.  In my experience from my fiances father who was severely addicted to perks which lead to a full blown heroin addiction that is the easiest way to kick the habit for good.  Let a trusted family member take care of your son for at least 3 months with visitation and get yourself cleaned up.  You will not regret it in the end I promise you that bc perks are one of the most dangerously addicting pills you can take and you will one day hurt those you love including your son on them.  
Wow. I didn't know people were feeling exactly how I am. I just admitted to myself that I am addicted to perps. I've been on and off thinking that if I get back on it, I can control the usage. Was I dead wrong. I got worst I am on my second day now and I somehow got the courage to tell
My wife. My mind is all over the place. Cold sweats anxiety attacks. I haven't gotten the restlessness in the legs but I have them on my arms. At night sleep is a battle. I have 2 kids and my wife currently doesn't work. I'm in the car business and these blues help me be more social and confident. I can't afford to take time off. Is there any over the counter medicine I can take for the restlessness and for the anxiety attacks? Please help
Hi nd74. I'm in the same boat at 4:30pm today I finally told my wife. I don't know why I just did. I got yelled at bec I promised her that I will stop when our son got born 2years ago. I did stopped but got back on about 2 months. I never got prescription  so I've. Been getting them off the streets. Financially there are really hurting me and my family. I took one yesterday 30mg and today I took some sub's abt 5mg. But I know where your coming from. I'm not saying tell your family but me telling my wife was the best move I did. Yes I got hell for it but she loves me and that's why her support is helping me.