Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Popping Pimples Addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Popping Pimples Addiction

I have a problem with popping pimples, and it has gotten so bad that I cant even look in the mirror without popping a zit. The scarring has gotten to the point where it is covering my chest and shoulders. I cannot where a sleav-less shirt anymore, because of the disgusting scars on my shoulders and chest. I tell myself that this is bad and it's wrong to pop zits, but I cant resist the sensation of exfoliating my pimples. I wish there was something that I could do to resist this temptation. Does anybody have techniques that can help me to fight the addiction???
I am not an expert by any means on this type of thing. However, it kind of sounds a little bit more like obsessive compulsive behavior. Are you abusing any substances like methamphetamines or anything? Do you take any kind of medications? Have you seen a doctor about this?

Also, if you aren't on any meds that would be causing you to do this you may want to check out the Anxiety or Obsessive Compulsive Community. (on the top of the page click on forums...they are all listed there)

Take Care & Good Luck!
JoAnn
hun, i agree with Joann.

it seems like OCD or some sort of anxiety-related issue.

i would consider talking to a professional about it. it's really amazing how much help you can get through something like that. it can be truly life changing...

good luck sweety.. (and you are still always welcome here!)
mj