Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Posing a question to all, Meth and stimulants

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hello everyone, I was addicted to crystal meth in my early twenties. I am now 31. I couldn't get off of it, the cravings were intense, I just wanted to feel that stimulation of my nervous system. I also now think that because it destroys the nervous system I was craving it because it was doing worse than normal. At any rate I was diagnosed with ADD in highschool, I went back to the doctor when I was attempting to get off of crystal he prescribed me Adderal a amphetamine. I was using it to help me focus but what I found out was that everytime I craved crystal meth I took some Adderal and it got to the point where I had no more cravings at all. I eventually stopped taking the Adderal and haven't thought of using crystal since. I was just wondering what you guys think, I think that people who are trying to get off crystal meth would be able to by using a controled amount of adderal or ritilan. The effects of Meth are devastating, people die, kids get abused and abandoned untold and endless suffering, so is popping a pill that has none of these effects so bad? Anybody else done this. I think it is a good route to those who can't quit
You make a good point if it is used as a means to an end. I woould think if the doctors used it with a firm taper method it would do good for folks if it actually does reduce the cravings for meht it is definitely better than iving drugs.