Posing a question to all, Meth and stimulants
Hello everyone, I was addicted to crystal meth in my early twenties. I am now 31. I couldn't get off of it, the cravings were intense, I just wanted to feel that stimulation of my nervous system. I also now think that because it destroys the nervous system I was craving it because it was doing worse than normal. At any rate I was diagnosed with ADD in highschool, I went back to the doctor when I was attempting to get off of crystal he prescribed me Adderal a amphetamine. I was using it to help me focus but what I found out was that everytime I craved crystal meth I took some Adderal and it got to the point where I had no more cravings at all. I eventually stopped taking the Adderal and haven't thought of using crystal since. I was just wondering what you guys think, I think that people who are trying to get off crystal meth would be able to by using a controled amount of adderal or ritilan. The effects of Meth are devastating, people die, kids get abused and abandoned untold and endless suffering, so is popping a pill that has none of these effects so bad? Anybody else done this. I think it is a good route to those who can't quit
You make a good point if it is used as a means to an end. I woould think if the doctors used it with a firm taper method it would do good for folks if it actually does reduce the cravings for meht it is definitely better than iving drugs.