Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Post Cocaine

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Post Cocaine

has any experienced brief spontaneous movements,aches or pain after using cocaine? I have been using almost 1 year off and on some weeks. As soon as I stop using for more than 2weeks I get really irritated, have brief pain, aches, or tremor movements in various places in the body. It a stuggle to stop..
Ive been around many cocaine users and what you describe is normal. My roommate in sober living back in the day was recovering from a cocaine addiction and was always very agitated/irritated with the "tremor" movements you describe. Im not sure how long before you full recover from it but I know the longer you use it, the more likely some of what your experiencing will be permanent.

"The long-term effects of using cocaine can include extreme agitation, violent mood swings and depression. Prolonged use of snorting cocaine cause ulcerations in the mucous membrane of the nose and holes and in the barrier separating the nostrils."

"It can also result in a loss of appetite, extreme insomnia and sexual problems. Heart disease, heart attacks, respiratory failure, strokes, seizures, and gastrointestinal problems are not uncommon among long-term users of cocaine and crack. "

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/coke/a/cocaine.htm

Good Luck