Potatoes
Hi everyone, I am on day 12 of being clean and spilling my guts to my family and friends.  This was my second time doing this to myself and my wife who is insanely understanding and supportive said she will not go through this again.  So, some steps I have taken which may help others through the initial periods of being clean are as follows:

1-like everyone else says, vitamins
2-acupuncture
3-therapy

My acupuncturist is very knowledgeable on the subject of drug abuse and he gave me some tips.  Eat baked potatoes.  Specifically do the following:

1. Keep a food journal, logging everything you eat for 7-10 days.
2. Eat three meals per day at regular intervals.
3. Take vitamins.
4. Eat a minimum ratio of one part protein to two parts carbohydrates every time you eat (snacks too).
5. Increase consumption of complex carbohydrates.
6. Eat a baked russet potato w/o proteins or fat three hours after a protein-heavy evening meal. Do this for 10 days to increase the
brain chemical serotonin, which gives you impulse control.
7. Reduce and eventually eliminate sugar and alcohol (much more possible with high serotonin levels).

I haven't been through this specific regimen but I am starting today to see how it works.  He also recommended a book called "Potatoes Not Prozac"

Just wanted to post this info so that it might helps others.
This sounds good...
Congratulations on day 12 !!
Keep it up!

Vicki
sounds good to me but eating regular while going thru withdrawals is not going to be easy i didnt eat much of anything for over a week when i went of oxy cold turkey but i hope this works for you hang in there and be strong and you can do it

good luck and godspeed

Abritt
love potatoes, and have heard of that book.  Always good info, especially the part about eating carbs after the protein, helps the digestion process greatly!  If you notice, say, you eat a steak and a baked potato together, do you get intestinal problems?  I always do and its because you should eat protein and carbs seperately.  Learned this a few years back with Suzanne Somers :)  it really works to even out the digestive process and also to keep weight off or even burn it faster :)  just some advice I learned from a book :)  Good luck to you and congrats on day 12!!  keep posting..