Prednisone
My father was being treated with prednisone for a lung problem.  He's down to 10mgs/day.  Everytime they try to taper him down, his breathing problems reoccur.  Can your body become "addicted" to this drug so that you may not ever be able to come off?  The tapering is very slow, 1 3/4mgs lower every other day.  Thanks for your response

It is good that he is tapering according to his doctor's schedule. It does effect the respiratory system. It did with me as well.

Make certain that he only tapers according to this doctor and follows the program.

Also, go to the top of this page and hit the "forums" button. Look through the list and see what other communities may be able to help you and your dad. This community is for substance abuse and that is not your dad's problem. Let us know if you need assistance.

I wish him the best of health.