Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Pregnant Heroin Addict

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Pregnant Heroin Addict

Its 10/25/12 and I barely found out I was pregnant just yesterday. I am around exactly two months along, and I have been doing heroin everyday for the whole time. But I didn't know. I thought that me not having my period was just the dope (it does that sometimes) but I was wrong. I have not used since the night before I found out. I have also been smoking a lot of ciggarettes and often marijuana. The only thing that i have used since I found out was a small amount of marijuana, a few drags of a ciggarette, and I took 3/4th of a suboxone because I was told that if you are in withdrawl (withdrawal), so is the baby and withdrawl (withdrawal) can cause birth defects as well and it is safer to have medication help with detoxing. Today I have not done anything, and I do not intend to for the rest of my pregnancy. I know that I can do it. My only concern and question is WILL MY BABY BE HEALTHY? Will my baby be okay? What are the chances of it having birth defects?

No one here could possibly answer those questions for you on the internet. You need to speak with your OBGYN, get honest and let them run tests. They will be able to determine what is going on. I wish you and your unborn child the very best.
Hi, congrats on quitting! I agree that you need to talk with your doctor about this so he/she can explain all the risks. Good luck with your pregnancy and sobriety. I wish you the best!
Good for you for being concerned about you and your baby! I think it's best to be honest and upfront when you go to your first doctors appt. They are going to be impressed with your honesty and will do all they can to help you get off drugs and have a healthy pregnancy and delivery. Congrats on the pregnancy and I hope you keep posting with us!
Avatar n tn
hi i no its late iv only just read ur post i hope all is going well 4 u i just would like 2 let u no my sis is an addict i have 2 of her 5 children living with me she took heroin and subotex throught out carring the children i would just like 2 say they are both fine both born earley but as u no things are diffrent for every one i hope ur doing well if you need 2 ask anythink i will help the best i can