Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Pregnant and did cocaine

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Pregnant and did cocaine

I just found out that I am almost 4 weeks pregnant.  I am 24 years old and have been partying a lot.  I drink almost everyday occasionally smoke cigarattes, smoke pot everyday, and I did cocaine last week for the first and only time.  I found out I am pregnant and am scared of what the effect of all these drugs has had on my 4 week old fetus.  I am contemplating not keeping.  Just knowing the damage I must have done already unknowingly scares me and I want a healthy baby.  Does anyone know what damage these drugs have on a 4 week old fetus and the outcome that the baby would be born healthy?  
Your one time cocaine use had likely very little effect on your baby.  You are very early in the pregnancy and if you stop now, the baby should be okay.  I would go to planned parenthood or some place like that and talk to a counselor before making any decision.  Your baby should be just fine as long as you stop now.  I have seen babies whose mothers abused cocaine far into the pregnancy and they don't do well but if you stop now, all should be well.  Begin taking prenatal vitamins right now, no matter what you decide that will help.
Please seek professional advice - you and your baby deserve that.
That's something you have to discuss with your OB/GYN or Pediatrician. You can't un-ring a bell, so just quit doing that stuff now, get yourself checked out by a doc, and pray for the best. Nobody here will be able to tell you, even remotely, what this may have done to a 4 week old fetus.
From my veiw....You'll be fine! I found out I was 5-6 weeks preganant and B4 that I was a huge party girl big time with the booze, coke, weed, and ocasionally pain killers...The day I found out I was pregnant I quit everything and my little angel is now 3 and healthy....
I have stopped everything since I found out with a home pregnancy test and then even went to a dr to confirm the pregnancy.  I do have a appointment with a ob dr this week.  I am just worried about the damage that could have been done before I knew.  My husband tells me I have damaged the baby already from that one use of cocaine and my daily marijuana and alcohol.  It has had me worried.  Guess I have to wait to go to dr.  
One of my best friends smoked pot every day throughout her pregnancy and her baby is just fine.  I don't recommend it, but don't worry.  When I worked in labor and delivery I saw several babes born to casual drug uses and they did okay - some iwthdrawal at birth it mom was still using.  But that early on and one time use should not be the reason you don't keep this baby.  Be open and honest with your ob so that you can get good information.
Feel fee to send me a private mail if you wan tot chat - just right click on my name and the screen will pop up.  God Bless