Pregnant and taking Percocet
My doctor put me on percocet for the pain that I am having while pregnant.  I am sure my doctor wouldn't give me something that would harm my unborn child but I am just curious to know what the affects are on a 37 week old fetus whose mother is taking 5mg percocet once to twice a day?  Could my baby be born addicted?  Is my child getting high off the affects of the pills?  
Wow, a Dr. gave you percocet while being pregnant? Your baby could be at risk. I would not take it if I were you. I do not know your circumstances, but this is dangerous. Is there something else that can control your pain?
message 1234betterlife, she is an obgyn nurse , and she knows her stuff about pregnancy and pills. best o f luck , keep that baby safe, and many prayers...
Narcotics would be my last choice for pain relief...have you tried anything else?  I agree with confused on that one...just not worth the risk
I was an addict and pregnant when I first came to this site over a year ago. I was on percs and around 34 weeks I was on hydromorphine for a couple of weeks. I was also very worried because everyone who responded to my posts on here were either supportive and told me not to worry but didn't know much about it or the few who only made it worse. I voiced my concerns openly to my docs and was assured everything would be fine. I had a beautiful healthy baby girl in Nov who was NOT addicted to pain medication. Your baby will be fine at such a low dose. Enjoy the pregnancy...you deserve it!
I too was on percoect while pregnant for acute pain.  Nothing worked for the pain.  Percocet helped.  My advice to you is only take them if it's absolutely necessary.  Please don't take them to get high.  THat is a low dose.  I would avoid taking them daily at the end of the pregnancy if I could do it over again, though I did...my daughter showed NO signs of distress whatsoever and has been healthy and happy.  If you'd like to talk, join the forum and pm me.  Don't beat yourself up...I know the feeling of needing relief, I tried everything, I mean everything for relief.  It was my last option.  But I also, once she was born, began to abuse them to get high...then I became addicted, and went through withdrawls, and depressions.  All in a matter of 4 months....so take them as NEEDED, but take with extreme caution.  I'm here if you need anything! :)  Don't worry.....you're baby will be ok at a low dose, just use very sparingly.  
Hi....what is the  nature of your pain? Do you have any history of addiction?  If Percocet is the only thing that will help your pain, than don't worry too much!  1 or 2 tabs a day, does not an addict make!  I am a certified Inpt OB RN/Prenatal testing nurse.  I work in a very busy high risk maternity unit and I have pretty much seen it all. If you were addicted, I would be concerned and tell you to let everyone know what and the amt of narcotics you are taking. Just make sure they know about every med you are on when you are admitted to L&D  ok?  Good Luck and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!  
I've used them for hip pain in the past and I cant ever remember taking a whole one.. Even the low dose are really strong,, pop them in half and take a half when you need one,, less on you and the baby...I am sure your baby will be fine but if they had offered my wife percs when she was having our kids I would have hit the roof..Thank God he worked for group of pedias,,
i take (3) 10 mg percocets a day... I am also 6 months pregnant.. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get off of them? any and all help is appreciated..  
I am 6 1/2 months pregnant and the doctor told me that it would not hurt anything. Although i hear that the baby can suffer withdrawl symptoms..is this true?
i think you should ask your doc if hes a male if he would give his preg wife percs. that sounds all bad considering i have a 7 month old that i can barely give tylenol to until hes 2years old. docs dont know everything. they are humans and make mistakes too. just dont let that docs mistake hurt your child.
Yes the baby can !!! However there are lots of variables how much you are taking .If you are still using when you give birth .I take it your doctor has prescribed it for you.
This whole pg women on pills is starting to need it's own forum.  pills are hard to kick I have lowered my dosage but have not stopped altogether but I notice I don't get the high I used to any more probably cuz I lowered my doasgae and that is just fine w/me.  From what I gather lortab and perc and tylenol 3 are fine during pg as long as u follow your script.  I was recently prescribed lortab to replace my tramadol for my migraines (which seem to increase during pg:(
I'm worried I just found out Im pregnant and I've taking percocet for a while and I take a stonge does 10/650 two times a day.  I have a very bad back and neck and was suppose to go in for facet blocks again to help with the pain.  But since I'm pergnant now I can't due to it's under xray.  I'm not sure what to do, I can't just stop becasue I'll be in sever pain.  which doctor should I take to the OB? The pain docotor.  I haven't even been able to get into the OB doctor yet until the blood work comes back.  I'm only about 5 weeks.

Not sure what to do please help.
I'm worried I just found out Im pregnant and I've taking percocet for a while and I take a stronge does 10/650 two times a day.  I have a very bad back and neck and was suppose to go in for facet blocks again to help with the pain.  But since I'm pergnant now I can't due to it's under xray.  I'm not sure what to do, I can't just stop becasue I'll be in sever pain.  which doctor should I take to the OB? The pain docotor.  I haven't even been able to get into the OB doctor yet until the blood work comes back.  I'm only about 5 weeks.

Not sure what to do please help.
I just found out I was pregnant 2 days ago and I was taking about 10 5mg percocets a day since I found out I tryed going cold turkey but I couldn't so I've been weaning my self off Ian down to 4 a day fir 2 days so far but iam scared that the damage is done from before I found out does anyone no if this will hurt my baby?
Do not usually take any pain medication what so ever but I got dental work done a few days ago and have been in extreme pain ever since it has gotten progressively worse since Tylenol is not working however my mother takes 15mg Percocet with no asprin in them I am 24 weeks pregnant being my baby is still developing would it be harmful if I were to talk half of one of her pills I'm going crazy the hospital I called and they told me they wouldent do anything but its no longer my tooth my eye and ear on that side are in so much pain.