Pregnant and trying to taper off Vicodin - is Soma safe?
Hello - I am about 18 weeks pregnant and am addicted to Vicodin from a wrist surgery I had during my first trimester. I was on Percocet for a while and taking about 5 a day. I came clean to my doc and he gave me Vicodin to taper off of, which I have given to my husband to dispense. Unfortunately, he was bad at hiding them and I was dipping into the "cookie jar" and helping myself to 5-7 a day. I told him last night and he has taken them and hidden them better and I talked to my doctor today because I just want to go CT and get it over with, but he said it might be harmful to the baby. All the meds that are prescribed for help with cravings seem to be bad for pregnancy. I am now down to 3 a day and am feeling very depressed. Does anyone know if Soma is safe to take on occasion while pregnant? I have an old prescription for it and took one today and it helped with the anxiety, but want to make sure it's not something that could be worse for the whole situation. To make matters worse, I'm a school teacher and am starting school again Monday so I would hate to still be using or in withdrawel hell by then. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
I am not sure about that. I will alert one of our members who is trained in this and pregnancy.
GTMI is going to have someone who is wonderful contact you to help you...but you may ask your doctor for something since they know the deal.

I am really proud of you for getting off the pills now and coming clean with your doctor.. I know it's hard to do. Welcome to this forum....you can lean on us anytime...it's a great place for support!

Congratulations on your baby!

JoAnn
No !   soma is NOT safe during pregnancy.  ........

I wish you all the best.

Nauty............