Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Prescription Fraud!! Help!! =( =(

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Prescription Fraud!! Help!! =( =(

Hi for all purposes this happened to my friend. My friend recently got prescribed adderall (adderrall) witch is a controlled substance. She was prescribed this by her doctor getting another doctor to write the prescription since her original doctor was unable to prescribe it at the time. My friend changed the mg strength on the prescription and tried to turn it in to the pharmacy.

The pharmacy gave back the prescription to her and informed her that the strength was wrong and that she would need to go to her doctor and ask them to rewrite the prescription. My friend saw her doctor and the doctor called the pharmacy and was told that the dosage was changed. The doctor asked for the prescription but my friend said the pharmacy didnt give it back. Then the doctor asked if my friend was willing to take a urine test to witch she replied she was not willing because she was afraid marijuana could found.

The doctor said she would still like to work with her and help her succeed in school and my friend still has an appointment with her coming in a month. She is very scared and not sure what will happen to her so she called her doctor the day after and said she wasnt aware she was under suspicion of a felony and she is willing to take the urine test now. But the doctor has not called her back yet. What should my friend do?!?! Will she even get in trouble at all?? What most likely will happen?!?!
She will go to jail and be charged with felony fraud!!! The smart thing to do us call your Doctor and beg forgiveness.. Admit yourself into any rehab they suggest. If adderall (adderrall) is class 2 narcotic and I think it is she could be looking at years in prison "depending on the state". The only person that can save you is your Doctor. They risk losing their DEA license if they don't turn you in and so dose the RX. The Pot is the last thing you need to worry about.. You must have been very high to do something that stupid!!!! Call your doctor come clean sooner the better.. For God sake take drugs as they are proscribed. they are not some toy to risk your life with...
I'm not sure when this happened to your friend  the actual "date" .......      Your friend may want to check with the local officials and see if a warrant has been issued for his/her arrest.  Since your friend has seen his/her doc since this fiasco with the pharmacy (and again unsure of the timing) and the doc didn't mention reporting it, rather stating the physician wanted to work with your friend to get back on the right track, perhaps this doc sees your friend has a problem and wants to help your friend  with potential drug addiction.

From a legal standpoint it appears your friend left the pharmacy with the prescription,  if the pharmacy was going to call the feds or local officials they would normally keep the prescription for evidence.   If I read your post correctly,  your friend left with the script and did not give it to the doctor either when questioned at his/her next appt.   Most physicians now take photocopies of narcotic prescriptions in case there are any legal issues, however it sounds like your friend destroyed the original prescription and there pretty much goes the evidence,   I am really surprised the pharmacy didn't keep the script if they suspected fraud and were informing the police.....  

I would recommend your friend stop calling the doctor, wait for the next appt to talk to his/her doc,  and be completely honest if she/he has a drug problem.        And hopefully this incident will be enough of scare to get  him/her the obvious help they need with use of narcotics.
PS  Your friend really needs to start being honest with the medical people trying to help her/him.  I'm sorry,  I left that out of my response,  that should be the very basic foundation of trying to work thru this:honesty.
ur friend will be fine if there woulda been any way to get him/her the pharmist woulda kept the script and called police and than been waiting for u to come pick up the script or at least called thenm when u were there trust me u should be in the clear and the dr im sure is concerned and my be trying to help u and wrk stuff out wth em. good luck but i would say im about 97% sure that ur fine.
thank you for all your support and advice. expecially jt808,Does anyone know what will possibly happen to me? I never had any thing from the police except a parking ticket.
thought it was your friend in trouble...lol
The old  "my friend has a problem". I never thought it was her friend. If the doctor is compasionate, then you can work with him and be honest. If he is by the book, just destroy the script. No real evidence. Learn from your mistake. all the best
The pharmacist kept the script correct ? Its up to your doctor and the pharmacy .I suggest you look for a rehab program NOW .You have already refused a drug test .Get your self help before its court ordered,