Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Pros and Cons of Rapid Detox

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Pros and Cons of Rapid Detox

I am new to this site and I have a problem with Hydrocodine.  I take 10-15/day for about the last two years and am ready to quit.  I have a friend who has told me about rapid detox, but the doctor I go to has bad things to report about it.  I am looking for any information BAD or good to try and make an informed decision on how to proceed with my detox.  Thank you!
I just started suboxone wednesday ( i know alot of people on the forums disagree with using it) but I was taking about 15/20 pills a day ranging from oxycontin,percocet,tramadol,and hydrocodone..The Suboxone has been a LIFE SAVER so far..Im not worried about withdrawal and detoxing right now because I feel that if I can go a year or so without taking my DOC then the withdrawal will be worth it b/c if i can go that long without DOC then i should be pretty well recovered..You may look into if you like..Good Luck Jessica
Thanks for the quick response!  Good luck to you too.  What is DOC?  New to all this lingo.  
I take 20 to 25 lortabs 10/650, and 20/25 soma 350mg daily. Does subitext and suboxone really work to take away withdrawls and make you feel normal again so that i dont have to keep taking this poison just to feel normal. If I dont take 20 to 25 daily i get really sick and continuously through up, i get migrains, and i cant ever get any sleep. The sad part about it all is that even taking that many pills i dont get or feel high at all i just feel normal.
You shouldnt even be thinbking of ultra rapid detox for 15 hydrocodones per day......there were several deaths in Canada that shut the procedure down in North America for awhile.....its expensive at $8000 and more per shot....there have been renal problems and incontinence associated with the procedure for awhile.....the best reports come from Australia where the Government even underwrites the cost of the procedure.... with only a two year history you could be done with the physical withdrawals cold turkey as fast as you could do the rapid detox .....it takes  several days to do anyway....1 workup and physical...1 or 2 general anesthesia.....and 1 or 2 post procedure observation...... Or you could taper a 15 pill habit with a comfortable schedule......and possibly you could do a quick methadone / sub transfer detox......7-10 days and quit..........
I agree with eagle it highly dangerous many have died during the treatment you are not on a high dose of hydro.I would try a taper plan first off ask your doctor about one
im looking in to rapid detox as well i want  a fresh start i have been on subutex for seven years so any info let me no
just to let you know u have posted on a very old thread.......
you would be better off on the main forum starting a new post that way you will get more information on what your looking for
jen