Question about NA/AA meetings.
Most of you know I am addicted to prescription pain meds and have been going to an AA meeting twice a week, and I am the only one in the group that is addicted to pills, everyone else are recovering alcoholics.

My question is I know and addiction is an addiction and I can't find an NA meeting close so doe it matter that I go to an AA meeting? I feel odd, not that anyone in the group makes me feel that way, they are wonderful and I suggest aftercare to everyone that is trying to get off drugs or alcohol.

8 days clean today.

Cissy
Congrats on 8 days.  As long as you feel comfortable there, and you are getting what YOU need as far as support, then stay with it.  But, if you continue to feel "odd" then try something different.  

My suggestion would be to give it a little more time.  It's still early!  Keep going though, ok?

the only thing that matters is that your going!!!   i was told to go to 90 meetings in the first 90 days, and now im working on 5 years clean.  the point of the meetings is that you are building a clean foundation.  the onl difference is that AA tend to focus only on alcohol and some meetings frown upon talking about drugs.  it seems that you found a good group and they dont seem to mind, the format for the two groups are the same.  good luck and stay strong!!!!
Thank you and I intend to stay with it, but if I am able to find an NA meeting I will change to that, as I feel that would more suit my need.

No one has said anything to me about being there and again they are very supportive.
Thank you for your reply, one of the members gave me the AA book and told me to keep it and I've been reading it and it helps a lot.

I just wish I could find an NA meeting in my area.
First, I would like to congratulations on 8 days!!!  That is wonderful! I also was addicted to prescription pain pills (opiates). I overdosed and ended up in a rehab in Fla.  I signed myself out of there because I was afraid for my safety.  1st thing I did when I got home was to go to an NA meeting,  Every community has a number you can call or even go on line like I did and search NA meetings for your area.  In NA I met quite a few old timers of AA (members with over 20 years of sobriety).  I am 10 months clean today, thanks to NA and AA. My friends tell me when I go to an AA meeting and introduce myself say " I am Mary, a member of AA and an addict.  Since alcohol is a drug, I make a concious effort NOT to drink.  I have always been welcomed into AA meetings.  Both of those fellowships are wonderful.  It is not a set a rules but just suggestions to follow if you want to remain clean and sober.  They do work.  Also meeting makers, make it!  Good Luck!!
i been clean an sober a long time an will say that 90 meetings in 90 days getting a sponsor becoming of service talking with other people in the program either na/aa will help you an good luck
Mary I went online today and researced the NA meetings in my state and there are not any that are close enough for me to drive to.

I guess I will just keep going to the AA meeting they all seem ok with me being there and always ask me if I have anything to say.

Thank you for your reply and thanks for the Congrats.

Congrats to you for being 10 months clean that is great.