Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Question about clinic laws

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Question about clinic laws

I know I am supposed to be off of pain pills but today it was terrible. I have a herniated disc and it was killing me today! I was trying Ultram but that made me sick It was a holiday and my doctor wasn't open so I went to my insurance supported clinic. They have given me pain pills in the PAST as long as I follow up with my doctor the next day. Today they let me walk in and pay $20 so they could they could tell me that it is their new policy not to precribe any pain meds to patients who come to the clinic. I am in REAL pain. What do you do if you are REALLY in pain? This wasn't me being a drug seeker. I HURT! I am seeing my pain MGmt doctor tommorow but this isn't just something you can help with a heating pad and some tylenol. I was moaning in agony! I am so sad and SO MAD. They at least should have let me save my $20! URRRGG!! I can't sleep with this pain. I can barely even sit down! :( Thanks for letting me vent.
You sound like me and I have been in the exact place that you are today....unfortunatly my message you may not like...
You must have a past and doctors are reluctant to prescribe you any more
pain pills....
What have you done to treat your injury?
$20 is nothing, you could pick up $20 in bottles walking to the party store......
If your disc is herniated have you considered surgery?
You must of had an MRI to diagnois that the disc is herniated and what have you done medically about it?
Pain management will not offer pain pills it will teach you what to do with your back to relieve the pain........
You could change doctors like you already have, different ER visits like you already have but isn't that getting old?
You will probably disagree with everything I have posted.....thats ok
I wish the best for you and hope that you can find a way to manage your pain........one question did you no that nsaids are way better for pain than narcotic pain pills? Oh ya the Valtram thing I didn't like it either.....
I was in a bad mood yesterday. I do not want to try surgery until I have done everything else. Thanks for your advice. I was acting like a spoiled child. I just hate being in pain. But then again, who likes it?