Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Quitting Hydrocodone - Day 5

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Quitting Hydrocodone - Day 5

So I'm on day 5 now and I feel a lot better.  The runs are the only thing that seem to be holding onto me for dear life.  I woke up way too early today and now I think the hardest part of this whole thing is going to that first hour after waking up everyday where my mind is in a zombie-like pre caffeinated state.  I'm still pushing through this pretty well and have accepted and admitted to some good friends of mine that pills took 3 years away from me.  I'll keep you all informed as to my whereabouts.  Again thank you for all the support!
Exercise is KEY

Day 6 for me! Coming quickly to Day 7. I can say that body withdrawals are officially OVER!

The mind games are beginning, I can feel my mind isn't producing those endorphins yet -- when I start my day by exercising, I feel great and more sane.

Today I was too exhausted from the last few days of exercise, and stayed in bed a bit longer... surprise, it was rough getting up and I don't feel as good mentally (even though I feel better physically.)

We've gotta work out!
are you taking Imodium (immodium)??  It helps with the opiate trots and seems to help with WD stuff in general.  Telling someone seems to help.  It is freeing that someone else knows and it is no longer your deep dark secret.  Good for you.
Well all of my friends already knew my plight, but my family didnt, and I talked to some of them about it, too, and they're proud of my decision.  But I totally know what you mean keeping it a secret from the ones closest to you makes you turn that much more inward upon yourself.

Aside from the runs, which aren't as bad now, the anxiety is hitting me with full force, probably because I didn't get enough sleep last night.  I think an ibuprofin and immodium would really help right now.
Sorry I worded that kind of funny.  What I mean is my friend's knew about my problem but I wouldn't admit that I had a problem until just recently and admitted to them that I was wrong this entire time.
You and I have almost the exact story. I am on day five also. Only thing is the cravings. But I have heard that the cravings only last 20 seconds. God let that be true. Keep posting they say, so what do ya say how about we just ramble together? lol
Congrats on your fifth day of being clean!  Yeah what I'm thinking is this is the final phase of the w/d and the brain's last desperate attempt to feed itself before your body starts regenerating it's own endorphins.  Is it nice where you live?  I was thinking about going on a bike ride.  Works wonders for getting the natural juices flowing and killing the anxiety!  Stay in touch! =]
Exercise is KEY

We've gotta work out!
I went on a 13 mile bike ride today and I feel like a million bucks now!  Within less then 1/2 a mile into it I realized I was dehydrated and I think that was playing a factor in my anxiety earlier.  I feel like I have more energy and I feel more motivated!  I should just do this everyday for the next month lol.
Oh I forgot to mention I picked up a powerade about 1 mile into it and that got me through it and probably recharged my electrolytes.
Hey that is great hydro.I couldn't do much of anything on day 5 but I am back to running about 3 miles a day.It is hard and feels like my legs weigh 200 lbs. I can tell my body is not yet producing much endorphin at day 25.way too much oxy
how about nausea, i'm getting all the stuff together for the thomas recipie. what about the nausea? what about real pain that you do have when you hv stenosis?
do you all (in here) recommend tapering down? i'm ready to be back to ^&*(% *** normal. But my back pain is legit. I have a 13 yr old and he knows i hv a bad back, but i just want to be back to normal. I'm afraid though that my pain is too much. But my liver is more imp!
yeh i'm so glad i found this place. Im 50 and i want to be able to work again after getting laid off from school district a year ago, it all went down hill, depression, pain, etc. thanks for listening.