Quitting Suboxone
I am coming of 1/12 strip of suboxone. i started with a whole one +, then every 2 weeks I cut back 1-2/3-1/2-1/4-1/8/1/10/1/12. I have som MS Cotin 30. When the withdrawels get bad.I take 1. (about 1 every 30 hrs.) I am now on day 5. I would think that the MS Cotin shouldn't be a problem as I am only taking 1 every day to 1 1/2 days until the suboxone is out of my system, then I will just fall off the MS Cotin. Shouldn't be withdrawal from them as they are spaced out so far. Opinions?
You probably shouldn't have used something so strong to come off of the suboxone. If you're going to swap 1 opiate for another, make sure it's one of the weaker ones like 5mg Hydrocodone a day, or the smallest amount you can take and still bare the symptoms.
Ya man (or lady?) Ms 30's? U will still feel w/d from those if ur anything like me. Sounds lime u got ur mind made up so good luck but again...anything like me and u will LOVE those pills way too much. I am an addict and not strong enough to use opioids as a supplement ..but even if I was I would go for the hydro 5/500 Vicodin
Btw I'm on suboxone too and wish u nothing but the best...but I tried to use oxy to get off sub the first time and wound back on methadone...I'm back to subs now 5 yrs later and regret that I wasted that much time
If you're having too much withdrawal symptoms, imo you're better off tapering more slowly and not adding another opiate into the mix.
As others have said, you'll just be replacing one addiction with the next.
If your withdrawal from suboxone is so bad then you should change your dosing to a much slower taper. Do not take another opiate, MS cotin is very strong, you will be back on them in no time. Continue the suboxone. even if you have to be on it for another year its much safer than taking any other opiate and will keep you stable. good luck.