Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Quitting tabs

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Quitting tabs

First i have been on Tabs for almost seven  years. Now maybe when I first started taking them, I did it like the Dr. said. However that didnt last very long. I was a very large and strong man. I started  with 1/10mg/500 3xdaily. From there it went downhill. By downhill I mean 6 years later I was taking 40 10mg/500 lortabs a day. To be honest that was a slow day. I would not be surprised if I took 60 a day. Not only that I would get fentynal 75mg and wear them while I was taking large amount of lortab. For one I dont know how some of those nights did not kill me, I even remember seeing the earlier signs of od, and I would just go to bed. I am now 21 day clean. Am still waiting for those they will get easier days. I am almost to the point where I want to give up on the RLS. My only savior is the fact, I dont feel like taking any, also i am not missing them either. I have noticed stuff i used to love, I love again, and smile and laugh again. If you take any thing away from this. The quitting is a long process, and it is tough, but if you just clear you mind of the drug, and focus your thinking, I am making it you can make it. Just remember its the longest road in the would.
God bless you on your 21 days clean. You've been through a lot!

Don't give up on the RLS! A daily walk or two, a hot bath before bed w/epsome salts. Get Magnesium tabs if you you dont have them already. Start ASAP. I may be wrong but I think the RLS is an inbalance of opiates in our outer extremities while the rest of our body doesn't have as much toxins anymore. I had RLS in both arms and legs. It WILL go away. I've been clean for 8 months and I still take my Mag tab every morning.

Keep on keeping on! You will get through this.