Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
RLS remedy

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

RLS remedy

My mother sent me an article on RLS and it said to take 3 teaspoons of yellow mustard.  I haven't tried it yet but know lots of elderly folks that swear by it.  Let us all know if anyone tries it and it works.  Good luck!
I also have a home remedy book thats says to try soaking your feet in cold water.  I've also heard this for getting rid of headaches.  Additionally, take one multivitamin daily, 2 aspirins before bedtime, don't eat a big meal late, reduce caffeine, don't use alcohol as a sedative and avoid sleep-inducing medications.  Researchers suspect that an imbalance in the brain's chemistry may be the root cause of the problem.  Makes sense to me.  Hope this helps.
I am not trying the mustard thing..you try it and let us know how it goes..LOL LOL
Eeewwwwwww!! How on earth does a person choke down 3 teaspoons of mustard?  
Eeeeeeewwwwwww!!!!!! LOL
Yeah, I know.  That's why I haven't tried it yet.  Was hoping someone else would, he he.  These old folks must lose their taste buds later in life, lol.
hahahahaha    yes but when you are in WD you will try almost anything to make it stop.I would have eaten a bottle of mustered if it had made the RLS go away
I wonder if putting it on a sandwich would work?  Probably not, it needs to be concentrated.  Anyone up for this?
3 TBLS. on a sandwich..i'll do it for lunch and i better NOT have rls tonight!!!
I like mustard(prol' not that amt.tho)but i will try almost ANYTHING to help w/this!!!
I'll let you know tonight!!!
I also read last week that if you're low in iron (anemic) that causes it too...and every time i get blood work done ..i am low...so it's time to get checked again...it's been 4 yrs.
LMAO i agree...i swear i would of ate a peice of dog **** if i knew it would go away and never come back....By FAR i guess ya'll can tell that was the worst w/d symtom for me...it was even in my arms, neck, fingers, toes..ERRRRRRRRRRRR

I would have tried mustard in a heart beat!!!
r2r
Hi all "MIkey" will try it lol ME  I have had RSL soo bad with w/d 9 days WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO no pills.  I love you guys
OK I got a table spoon LOL  I am taking it I'll let you know if I survive but I don't want anymore RLS!  HEY wasnt as bad as I thought!  will report back later lol
HA..I just reread the post...i used 3 TBLS, not 3 tsp....I put 1 tbls on each slice of bread for my sandwich and i ate the other one plain...and guess what.?!?!?.

.the RLS is kicking in...it didn't work and i TRIPLED the amt...<<>>

just like an addict..if one is good ..3x the amt. is better!!!    LOL

Now i am going to make a salad for dinner......HOLD the mustard!!!
LMAO   I love these home remedies.  I tried the one where you put a bar of soap under your bed sheets(to get rid of RLS).  Well, it didn't take away the RLS, but it did keep my feet busy all night, pushing it around like a hockey puck. .....and my sheets smelt good.  
My stepmom swears by the soap remedy...but i think she has arthritis ,not rls.

Anyway...thanks for the laugh!!!
Someone told me I used the wrong soap.  It has to be Ivory or Dove. lol   I have heard others swear by it also.  
...i'll try anything once (well..not anything)..but it won't be tonight...i don't have that brand of soap here and I'm not leaving the house...it's like -20*!!!    BBRRRR
I am laughing so hard I am crying!!!! I really, really cant stop laughing. My husband is laughing at me laughing at this. ROTF LMAO!!!!!
Im also laughing so hard, and crying. this is a funny post. Mary, youre hilarious!  I just had to post even though all I do is lurk, pretty much all day. I LOVE THIS FORUM!
AAAAAHHHHHH so good to laugh !
Dam I ATE the soap and put the mustard on my sheets,,what a mess and I"m burping bubbles lol,,,jk
This is all just toooo funny.  I had no idea the mustard thing would give everyone such a laugh when I posted it this morning.  I will have to tell my Mom about this.

Please...no mustard on my sheets.........................................
OK I'm a little late lol 9 days clean!  The mustard didnt kill me and maybe it is all in my head lol but the RLS is not as bad.  yayyyyyyyyyyy I do not even have the urge to use again.  (not from mustard lol)  it's yucky but didnt hurt me lol
MUSTARD is on my meal menus now lol  Oh God how funny this is.   Addicted to me OMG watch the soap!   LOL  
swtbreezie
Ok, since i started this post i will be the ginney pig for tonight...that is only if I have bad enough rls to need the mustard.  If that happens I will take it in the nmiddle of the night with nothing else and will report back in the morning.   yuck, lol
so swtbreezie, how was the rls before you did the mustard?
IT was horible!  My legs could not be still my toes would draw and pull oh Lord it was bad!.  I swear by mustard now just had my second dose lol once an addict I guess always an addict but NOW you got me adicted to mustard  HEAVENS lol but it is all good may be ALL in my head but I swear it's better and yes I am blonde lol  bit it didnt have a thing to DO with it I swear!
Hey, you've convinced me.  Think I'll go try it now just to ward off the demons when i go to bed.  Did you take a tsp or tbls?
I like toxic like toxic I guess I thought it would take more for w/d lol I took 3 TBSP but you don't have to lol I think the empty stomach absorbs better and I had not eaten yet lol  IT didn't feel too good but one time I also heard 2 tsps of venegare helped cleanse your system.  I didn't hear the 2 tsps and in my fogged brain thought they said 2 cups OHHHHHHHHHH Dear God I was GREENE for a week but it cleansed me I had diahrea also lol
shoot my windows went nutss and messed up my post.
That was 2 cups of  vinegar I took was supposed to be 2 tsps lol and I was green.
swtbreezie
Yep, heard about the vinegar too.  My mother and aunt both swear by it.  They just turn up the ole vinegar bottle and drink right from it.  Yuck, lol !!!
You all are hillarious, i thought i was the only one in the world who felt like this at night :) guess i am really crazy to think that. I am definately going to try the mustard thing... Thanks for the laughs really it was needed