Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Rapid detox centers

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Rapid detox centers

What does the medhelp community think about the rapid detox method, and does it work? It seems to good to be true. I tried to quit last month, didn't get past 12 hrs. I feel like a failure. I want to quit, but how bad do I want it?I am back here so it is a start, but still, I need to grow some balls along the way  . I feel like I got all my ducks in a row and forgot to bring my resolve along .
I'm not familiar with "Rapid Detox Centers" myself, but I'm sure someone will be along to comment on it.

Good for you on your decision to quit, and get your life back. That's the first step, and the hardest to take. It's all uphill from here! (ha, ha;-)

Don't feel like a failure for trying to quit, and failing. We've all TRIED to quit, and failed, but it's all about getting back on the horse (sorry to be cliche).

Remember, it's in an addicts 'nature' to want to go back to what we know... which is our comfort-zone/drug-of-choice.

Just pull yourself back up, put on your big-boy pants, and get back on that horse (the sobriety horse, that is), and keep on trucking.

What, if you don't mind me asking, is your DOC? How much and how often were you using?
HI.....welcome back so sorry it on these terms but we dont shoot our wounded .....so rapid detox .....we have had a few members try it with some various degrees of success  as well as some complete disasters first of it ant cheep the 2500 bucks to 20k and you get what you pay for was never a truer statement ....most of the story that have came threw here where not favorable and some sounded out right dangerous other the the wisman method and im still skeptical it wasent a salesman from wisman story telling... you come out of those prity ruff feeling ....it is extremely hard on the body wisman puts you in an icu for 3 days and we had 2 storys come back one said it was great the other said the so called spa they send you to to recover ....everybody there was as sick as a dog thats the story I believe after doing this 6 day a week for 2 yrs....it takes time to become an addict it takes time to detox and feel well .....as addicts it in  our nature to have the ....'I want it and I want it now'' attitude detoxing and recovery both take some time the 4 or 5 days of withdrawals you go threw you will come to find out is the ez part living day to day without using takes some work  and I agree with my substance abuse conslor you should go threw some discomfort as part of your recovery as a reminder of where this can take you the question you need to ask yourself is.....is my desire to be clean has to be stronger them my desire to use....for most of us here myself included you have to change the very way you think and reason to overcome this......you do that by getting involved with aftercare or recovery care something like N/A or even A/A is good the 12 step programs work if you work them or if you prefer a conslor or addiction therapist but in order to stay clean most people need some sort of structured program in place ...you will need to change ALL persons places and things that remind you of using for this to work....just know this...you get out of this what you put into it nothing in nothing out there a few exceptions to the rule if you want help and support you came to the right place if you looking for a quick fix I dont think there is one but living in recovery ....life becomes a beautiful place once again and it ends the madness that drives addiction where here when you ready but you got to want it bad and be willing to go outside your comfort zone to get it....good luck and God bless......Gnarly        
I would really research this.  I have seen horror stories of this.  Getting clean means more than putting down the drugs.  It is all about self discovery and dealing with the demons we all have.  Sometimes it is very painful but the rewards far outweigh the pain........sara
I'm with sara - it kind of reminds me of those "get rich quick" or "lose a hundred pounds in 5 days" schemes - because true change takes TIME- and you have to put in that time.  And focus on WHY you abused in the first place.  These quick fixes (sorry for using that word there) make me nervous.
Besides cold turkey sub seems to be the best option. My pain Mgt dr believes sub is by far best option.  But from stories in here I think it's about the consultation with your dr to find best option
Thank you for the time you spent to give the gift of caring. My DOC started 10 years ago with hydocodone and moved quickly up to oxycontin 10, then 20 mg after that norco for the past 2-3 years taking up to 20 a day, I am down to 12 a day now. . I now am tapering down down at a slow pace,  I have to do this on my own, with the help of you all . I am going to look into the after- care as suggested to me but I want to stay away from the sub as much as possible. I kind of thought if it were too good to be true it probably is about the rapid detox. Looking for the easy way when I know and yet haven't   fully excepted that there is just no easy way to get this done. I hear what you say about the need for it to be difficult Aston remember what would happen if I came down this road again. I got to go , thank everyone, see you soon.
There is no easy way. That's the thing we all want. It *****!  It's all in what you want. If you can taper then rats great. I struggled with it. I remember thinking after 2 weeks it felt like a slow death haha. And if I went ct it would be a week of hell instead of the 4 ish weeks I would to taper. I failed at both :(
Hang in there, good luck.