Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Restless Legs and Arms

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Restless Legs and Arms

How long will the restless legs and arms keep on while going through withdrawals?  UGH!  That's one of the worst parts for me.  Has any body experienced that, too?  If so, what worked for you -- or did you just have to suffer through it?
P.S. -- I love all of you.  We are all special and unique, with so much to offer to the world.  Even though things get crazy and opinions may differ about this thing we call addiction----we are all in this together and need all the support we can get.  This place is great and I am here for any of you.  Anybody that needs anything -- just let me know.  LOVE TO YOU!
It has been my VAST experience that the " restless legs" syndrome lasts for about 4 nights , the first 2 nights being the worst and generally subsiding after that. VERY hot , multiple baths really help.. And valium.. I know the feeling of counting down each hour but the 24th thru 72nd hours ( after last dose) are the worst and it gets much MUCH better after that. No matter what else you read on these pages ( all pretty good words if you ask me) know this... AFTER that 4th day it gets so much better . PLEASE do not give up. I promise you, as a fellow sufferer, the rainbow at the end is worth it. Granted, I have been down this road many, many times.. But I DO know that you can get through these 4 hellish days. My problem is staying clean.
I'll pray for you..
In addition, and I am not certain, I believe part of the reason they call it "kicking the habit" is in reference to that horrendous "kicking the covers" malaise in the aforementioned thread?? Any one concur? I hate jonesing...
I was wondering about you...I stopped hearing from you...hope you are hanging tough...you have to be...I know what you are going through and it's the worst!  These people will help sent you the Thomas Reispe ...are you using it?  It will save you! I
I concur with how the phrase "kicking" was coined.  Four days with RLS?  Consider yourself lucky because that certainly is not the norm.  I know of some that have had to put up with it for weeks.  Some don't get it at all.  It all depends on the person as everyone is different.
Mrm. Is right!I've never gotten the rls!I guess I'm very lucky from what I've read about it.I always feel like I have a 100lb.weight sitting on my shoulder!And tension headache from my neck & arms being in knots!It takes a good 2-3 weeks for it to ease up for me!Hope everyone has a wonderful day!Love to all..Jerri
Hey i am the RLS queen.  I had em before i used opiates!  But after 100+ days ( i only give my clean time so that those suffering can see it can be done..to give hope..if it angers some..well that is their issue not mine) clean now... i am getting rid of RLS blues via my spirituality.  It is awesome.
They are the worst bummer!  Makes one think one is going nuts!  Literally.  Hot baths, hottubs, etc. help tremendously but the best is exercise.  Walks, up and down stairs (that is wut i did.. just dont bust your arss liek i did!)  Stretches...It all helps very much.  Just be  careful if you take those benzos (i.e., have someone hold em for you or only get a few without ability to refill em).. the withdrawl (withdrawal) off them is worse and very dangerous over opiates!  
Peace...Hang in there...It does get better!
Suzie
Southernbell come visit us! Please!!
e-mail me at ***@**** (anyone can anytime too!)
I too get the RLS.  When I withdrew from oxys verus hydro it was much harder.  I think the RLS was worse because I was crushing and snoring which is a bad idea.  I am so happy that I never got into ordering stuff from OPs like a few people here because that would open up a whole another problem.  I allways found that after the fourth day off the RLS was better.  Pammy
I am new to posting here, but could'nt help myself any longer. After I read your post Belle, something you said felt like a hugh weight being lifted... I was three days yesterday and thought I was dying. Gave up, refilled and am now hoping to give it another shot in a week or so. This will be my 10th serious attempt at getting off vikes for a year and a half.

I could pretty much cut and paste my sad story for other posts here but my bio bascially reads: male 34, married, two kids. Abused since 14  and recently lost two jobs due to disease (drink, script) and am definatley at rock eff'n bottom. Made a lot of money in the tech boom and lost it all. Recently had executive postion which I walked from due to inability to be "normal". Dont know what I'm going to do with my life... lost all my friends, family thinks I'm insane, wfie ready to leave. Still don't feel much hope but have begun praying as the only time I see or feel God is when i look into my beatiful girls' faces. I think he's ignoring me as I have him for so long. We'll see what happens.

G
You came to the right place!  You are seeking help...That is YOUR God responding hon!  My God is inside me and if i listen to my gut..then i already KNOW wut the right thing to do is.  But i have a thinking disease (addiction) and i usually talk myself into the wrong choice unless i work very hard on listening to my heart.  Just remember one's bottom is when one stops digging.  If I think (my sick mind)I am at my bottom..well i must remember there are still yets out there.  I could lose my daughter, end up in prison, no home on the streets, and very possibly dead.  I am very happy you are seeking help and your recovery is here and now..no matter wut u do today...you are workin on recovery now because you want it.  That is all it takes.  Welcome to your recovery!
We need others to recover...I could not ever have done it on my own!  I tried.
Can u go to Rehab inpatient? or r u willing to go to Na or AA or a program similar to this Smart Recovery?
Peace and hope...
Suzie
hi beel , hope you are feeling better.
as far as restless leg there is a medacation that helps
it is called CINEMET  it is for restless leg.
some people have good results with neurotin.
by the time you get to a doctor the 4 days will be over .
but in any event cinemet works good.

peace!!!!!!!!
Just look at your name, baby ---- you are a GEM!  Everything is going to be okay.  YOu will make it throught this.  Everything will get better, it really will.  You have come to the right place.  I quit my job (best job I ever had -- was ther for 6 years)--no need to go into any details about the job ---- but I quit because I was "sick."  I went through my script early and started to go through w/d's.  I was just tired of not being 100% at my job.  They needed me, and I was not pulling my weight.  They deserved better.  Honey, it happens to all of us...executives, housewives, construction workers, docs, soooo many people are in the same boat.  You, GEM, are NOT alone.  Write to me at ***@**** and I'll prove it to you.  You are loved and appreciated here, and understood.  Hang in there, we'll go through this crazy stuff together, okay?  Love and peace and hugs and anything good to you, GEM.
Thanks so much for your responses.  As usual I'm reminded how special this place and all of you are.  Thanks for those of you who remembered me, and knew me when I came back.  Best thing is you let me walk right back in, just as I am.  UNLIKE boyfriends, husbands, girlfriends, family, or spouses.  We are all accepted here for what we are and we are allowed to just throw it all out in the open.  Just that alone makes me feel better.  Sooner or later, I'll be off this roller coaster ride.  And it will be positive...it will all be okay for all of us.  Despite the DAMNED restless legs, and all the other stupid **** that comes with this crazy orld of addiction, I firmly believe it will all be okay.  We've just got to keep helping each other.
I told you I would volunteer to rub those legs Doll! You don't have to suffer! LOL   You are soooo sweet BTW and smart too.
I am impressed! LOL        Bill
I've heard that, too, about "kicking the habit." phrase coming from restless legs.
H.
Belle,

It is hard to forget the people that we care about. That goes for all of us here, I hope I am speaking for everyone.
I remember when you 1st came here. Scared, not knowing what to expect, or what people would think.
Now you have a big second "family" that cares and worries about you.
We will be here whether you are using or not, trying to quit, or just trying to get by.
We care no matter what..We just want you to keep coming and posting and let us know how things are going...

Chezz
Ditto....(what Chezz said)...can't add anything to it, as he said it perfectly!!!!  (Hi Chezzy!!!)...  Love ya, Lisabet
ditto on what chezz said also.
we all love ya and your in our thoughts and prayers.

peace!!!!!!!!hippy///////michael
Today is day 10 clean from Oxy. Never though I could do it...a 12-year addiction.... I go to meetings everyday and with the help of everyone here I
God knows Id like to BE clean. Some people have all the luck! LOL
iT IS GOOD TO BE LOVED!    Bmac
Lisabet/Hippee,

That goes for you guys too. I don't know what I would do if some of you guys/gals didn't post for a while(besides get worried of course).
Thats what this place reminds me of is a little family. When someone goes missing for a while, we gotta send Peaz after em'!
Like Bmac said, we have made some lifelong connections on here for some of us.
My wife thought it was funny the 1st time I called someone from on here. She was from Florida. When we got the phone bill she said who is this, I said so-so from Med-help. She said oh-boooyyyyyyyyy.
Its just the way this place works..........
At least she won't be suprised when she sees an Alabama # on their from the Bmacster!
Chezz
And believe me a call to Alabama is just what the Doctor ordered, right Doc?  LOL  Oh, I kill myself sometimes!  Bill
Thanx Chezz!
Sometimes it is just what the doctor ordered!!!
Nothing like talking to your buddies on the phone instead of always "typing" what you have to say. I have talked to a few other buddies on the phone from here and it is always nice to finally talk "talk" instead of always just typing away.
Not to mention the accents are always funny! lol. Just kiddin' Being from California, EVERYONE else has an accent! I could always speak Japanese and then I could have one too.
Its always nice talking to friends that we have made here, especially since some of us have been buddies on here for over a year now.
Except watch out ladies, he's a swooner...
Just what the doc ordered, thanks Bill.
Chezz
SBelle:
yeah the RLS! this is one afliction of addiction your sleeping partner will get to "share and enjoy with you." if your lover understands (or is sick of gettin the **** kicked out of him) sleep in different beds for awhile!!

now there are meds....and they can be addictive and problematic...
1)clonazepam...a fairly long acting benzo, but watch out!
2)baclofen... a neuro- muscle relaxer. i take this, not for RLS, but as a way to deal with the awful spasum (spasm) i have with my neck problems.
i don't know if it is addictive...all i can tell you is the first week i took i felt like the town drunk. now i hardly even notice it, and it still does it's job!
3)hydoxizine...Thomas03 i know how you eel about "antihistamine swill," but this one is different...especially if used i conjunction with either one of th afore mentioned meds....

anyhow, i hope any of this helps...the "kicks" are one of the worst little malladys to add to the major horror show of opiate withdrawalls.

post a lot and keep an angel on your shoulder
kip
Boy, Chezz, if you get a kick out of "accents", you'd definitely get a hoot out of me (like BMac, a southernern)...smile...We may sound a bit "raw" and be a little red on the neck, but us southernerns have that proverbial heart of gold! We like our tea "sweet" and our bar-b-que "HOT"!!!!  You're gonna have to make a trip "south" sometime and check everything out.
Billy - glad to see you back today; I have to admit I was a little worried about ya.  But I see you're back on board pouring out the charm to the ladies, so I assume all is well...smile.  
I'm thankful for both of you guys; yeah, I mean it!...smile.
Love - Lisabet   good-nite!
Hello, I am new here.  I was driven here by the need to reach out for help from others who are in recovery.  I have a long sad story, like everyone else here, it matters not what the reasons that have brought me here.  I know everyone has their story.  Suffice it to say that I have been ill for a very long time and now am hopelessly (that's how I feel) addictied to oxycontin and Xanax.  I don't think I can deal with withdrawl (withdrawal).  I have run out of my prescription a couple times in the past and experinced some withdrawl (withdrawal) but I always went to my Doctor and had my prescription renewed before it got too bad.  Now I am faced with the realization that I HAVE to get of these drugs or I am going to loose my mind, but I am so afraid.  Afraid that I cannot do it, that I will fail or go crazy or get to a point where I can't handle the withdrawl (withdrawal), especially since it is a very likely circumstance that because of my illness, the oxycontin will be back,that is pretty much a given, I am alergic (allergic) to just about anything other than opiates,I live in constant pain and  the xanax will be needed, that I can't live with out them.  I am so scared.  You all sound so brave, and I admire the comments I have read here, but I am so afraid.  Please help me understand what cold turkey withdrawl (withdrawal) is like, because the program that I am considering is very likely a cold turkey program.  I don't know what else to say except I feel like such a loser, I know I can't live like this much longer.  It isn't fair to my family to not "be there" like I have been for the past few years while I have been battling my illness.  I want to stop the oxycontin and the xanax, but I don't know if I can.  Am I a coward?  I just know I can't go on much longer this way.

goldie 52
Hi Everyone .... I am happy to report that I finally got up the nerve to quit tramadol and tommorrow will be 2 weeks without taking this drug. As you have probably guessed .... I was really afraid to just "stop" so I tapered as much as I could then switched to vicodin. I am taking a small dose 2x's a day. This Sunday I will try to stop the vikes ... it is such a pleasure to be off that drug .... you have no idea. It is one part painkiller and 2 parts antidepressant .... takes 3 weeks to clear it after long time use. Anyway ... thank God for everyone here. I would have never learned a thing about all this if it weren't for the fabulous people that hang out here. I feel tired and can't sleep at night .... so I haven't had too much to say lately .... but this has been my dream since last november. If anyone could start an ultram thread at the top I have have some important information to post .... I can never get start a subject here .... take care all you lovely people and never give up .... Goldie
is your condition one that "forces" you to be on these meds?  If you need them, then you need them.  Don't be ashamed of needing to take meds.  It's just when you abuse them they become a problem.  Guess you wouldn't consider a program if you weren't abusing.  Take it easy on yourself.  Don't be so hard on yourself.  If you need the meds, take them responsibly.  Man, I hate what society does to us.  You do realize the stigma with these meds we are taking has been given to us by society?  Don't rip yourself apart for taking something you need.  If you don't need it and want to get off it, stick around here and we'll help.  We're all in this together.  Damn, I need to take my own advice (don't be too hard on yourself).
GOOD MORNING ALL!  LOVE AND SUGAR TO YA!
THANK YOU!
Good mornig to you!  Hugs and kisses and sugar to all of ya!  Let's get through another day....
Poor ol' Atticus....that makes me so blue. He was something else..seemed like one of the good ones.  Think I'll sit my girls down sometime soon and let them see the movie.
Anyway, y'all have a good day.
Wow girl!  I remember when u first came here to get off that Ultram.  I was in active addiction with my d o c and then took ultram to help with withdrawal when i tried to quit my d o c.  I am so proud of you hon!  Peace to your heart!  Love ya...

Goldie 52...So glad you are here!  You came to the right place.  I know i cant take narcotics responsibly.  If i have em around i abuse em cuz i am an addict.  My disease controls my mind.  Do u have insurance?  Can u see an Addictionalogist?...search for one on the web.  A good one understands how to treat chronic pain patients who also have addiction.  If you need the  opiates they show u how to use em responsibly in your life.  It is not a matter of will power!  
Thank God i dont have to ever try to use my will power again to combat this problem.
If anyone wants to e-=mail me plz feel free! ***@****.
Love...and Peace...
Suzie
The second time I went through withdrawals off lortabs, the RLS lasted about 28 days. The first time it was only about a week or two, and not very bad. I still get it now and then, in fact after a week or so of great sleep, it returned last night. I guess it varies from person to person, but eventually it will go away whether it is a few weeks or a few months. Personally i've found absolutely nothing that helps it go away. I've tried hot showers, banannas, warm milk, various vitamins/minerals, tons of Flexerils, and other non-narcotic sleep aids. Nothing helped me except for time.

-rem

Since this was the only forum I could enter a comment-- here goes!
Restless Legs and arms come with withdrawal from Oxycontin as well as a host of other "wonderful" things (depression, anxiety,etc.!)
well, I read a post by some guy that was up to 400 mgs a day! So was I, for two years! Doctors will tell you to "taper down" NOPE! that doesn't really cut it (unless you're prepared for a LONG haul of horrible side effects! What I did find out is that when you go to a detox center, they generally use Methadone. So, I got my hands on some Methadone, and I will tell you that the detox went VERY well!
I didn'tr suffer those horrible agonies that come with withdrawing from Oxycontin (Uncontrollable leg movements, and pain in your legs)
I used the Methadone in decreasing doses day by day over the period of a week. One must be carefull doing this, because Methadone is also addictive, so you only have a week of use before you end up with another problem! Doctors would HATE to see this advice on such a forum, but they don't tell you this either! I found out by calling a detox hospital and asking what they use! I have a ways to go, as Oxycontin can take weeks before you're back to you're "old self" but I'm not in agony either! The tiredness I can handle, and depression is workable! I'm just glad to be free of that drug! I did 15 yrs of heroin, and detoxing from that was a cake walk next to this! I sure hope this helps somebody!
I posted a possible soloution for you! Read the Robbeing post. I was on Oxycontin for almost three years,(400 mgs a day) and I just detoxed, and I did it at home and it was a breeze! I used decreasing doses of Methadone over a 8 day period. I've been Oxycontin free for 13 days now, and I'm damned happy about it. I called a detox center and asked "what will you use to detox me? they said they use Methadone. So, I got my hands on some and the rest is "history" a detox center wanted $100.00 a day! well, I saved a lot of dough! Good Luck Goldie! PS-- be carefull, Methadone is very addictive, so use it in smaller doses, and decrease every day.
I don't get restless leg syndrome, I get restless body syndrome.
I have been weaning for what feels like forever, but when I get down to just a few vics a day it is hell. I toss and turn all night and that is on ambien. But I feel like >>>> if anyone can relate.  The way you feel after doing coke or mescolin and your coming down. I cant get comfortabe and my body cant stop moving and if I stay still too long I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin. This is at 3-4 in the am.  Does anyone else have this?
Yes, I can so relate to the restless body thing.  Mine starts in my legs and travels upwards until I'm actually writhing and that is just with trying to taper, I can't even imagine what c/t would be like.  The only thing that helps me, and this is going to sound very odd, is yoga.  I actually got the suggestion from a friend of mine who has been struggling with opiate addiction for years so I went out and bought a few tapes and the breathing, relaxation, and stretching helps a little bit.

Actually I would just like to say hello to everyone also, I have been reading for a couple of months now and trying to post a question for almost a month and haven't been able to.  I felt bad jumping into a thread because unfortunately I had no productive advice to add and didn't want to jump right in with my own questions.  However, I do want everyone to know that you all inspired me to- first of all go to my doc and tell him I had a problem and- second of all start to attempt a taper.  So thank you, I bet there are all sorts of people out there everyone here is helping without even knowing it.  When I started lurking around here reading, I was up to 7 vicodin 7.5/750's a day(for 3 years) and am now down to 5 (getting ready to go for 4).  It sucks, but when I read everyone's encouraging words, it makes me want to at least try.
I don't get rls, but I know of quite a few that get no relief no matter what they take as well.  Basically, what can be done has been mentioned in this thread.  One other thing is potassium pills.  I know I would have a miserable time choking down a banana during wd, but a pill would get the pottassium in there.  I know the higher strenth ones come in a prescription, but they do have some over the counter.
I had forgotten about the potassium helping through w/d's.  There are so many suggestions I get from this board but then I forget so many of them. I think I am going to start to keep a journal of some sort as I cannot remember every bit of advise. But thank you for reminding me of the potassium trick , if I recall it does help.
Hi! I think there's great advice here, too, and I wanted to keep some of it. I've been copying and pasting some of it into Word documents. That's cuz I'm lazy. Just highlight it etc. It comes out a little funny with a lot of spaces in the text, but that can be fixed if u want to take the time. It's easier than dragging out a notebook and scribbling in it in my unreadable handwriting.
H
I too remember you well. I remember your nickname, SouthernBelle. and at that time, I had begun reading here. Yours were among the first posts I remember well. I followed them closely because you were considering quitting, and I had Just started thinking about trying to quit also. The last time I remember your posting was right before you were to go on a road trip (in Feb?) for work. I am glad you are back with stellar results. I had wondered how you were.

I finally did "quit" and so far, so good. I am not sure, like Jerri, that I had what is known as classic RLS, but my knees had enormously deep-deep aches, and that alone kept me awake and achy all night, every night. I was able to soak in the bath during the day, but at night I had to use heating pads (and baby powder) in order to keep my family from waking. I felt I had been selfish enough with my habit, so I tried to be considerate when I worked on kicking it. It was at that time that I remember Thomas03 said that the term "kicking it" had come from RLS. I recently read that again (here?), and it does make sense.

The best day for me in my mental outlook, recovery, and optimism was Day 5. I was euphoric, energetic and also got some sleep. After, and since Day 5, I have had achy knees (some) and cravings, but I hope to not repeat the initial Hell. I still continue the THhomas Recipe and regular exercise. If I do succumb to using, I hope I am able to do as you, Mystere, and get right back with it, and Stop. I hope you guys have a pleasant time in the Gulf and that "out of sight is out of mind" (with Hydro Desires)

Welcome back, SBelle, and all who struggle daily. It was good to see yr hello, Peaz but distressing to read  of marital blahs. Marriage is a lot like battling drugs. I feel like (know that) I don't do my part in my relationship and have vowed to work harder. If I worked as hard on my marriage as I had worked to keep myself with a supply of pills, well.... enough said.

The puppy is vvvvv sick today, lethargic and diarrhea (sp) I took it upon myself to give her 4 Imodium (immodium) AD (maximim allowed, accoring to the pkg. directions, the kids' dosage). I had fed the puppy table scraps Weds. night, but this sickness started early yesterday (Thurs.) AM. I limited her to small amounts of Puppy Chow, which she barely touched. I am worried about her, and tho this may be a people drug forum, I would appreciate any drugs/treatments for a lethargic dog with the runs. It is sad when someone, even an animal, can't communicate "what hurts"

Happy Father's Day to the fathers and happy weekend to all. Bmac, hope your day went well. Reading between the lines, it sounded like you had a doctor's visit that may have hurt? I hope you had no shots. I hate shots as much as a dentist. Zzzzz (drill)

-r-w-c
HI everybody.(No pun intended)  Thanks for the reply the other day. I appreciated it.  A little over four weeks.  I can tell you that after so many years using the one thing I know is time does not stand still and all through my last ct I just knew it would get better. The main reason is I found this forum.  The wd was awful, but after I got that **** out I NEVER thought I would have any energy again.  I was depressed and out of it BUT I came here and read and read and took in what I could.  Time continued to move on and lo and behold, I feel pretty good today, and better every day.  When I crave I come here and read. As an active member of Aww I am so happy just to even be able to come here. As for all here too, think of how special we are to have each other.  We are never alone.  I know this sounds sappy but it is so cool to know it can be done.Happy fathers day dads!   And as for RLS, I still get them and think of it as a weird reminder that I should start exercising, yea right haha. Have a safe journey...Love Aww from Austin!
rodewc
Hey thanx for the thought. I didnt have shots the other day but I am going back Monday to have lots of needles stuck in my back and left shoulder. Sounds like fun 'ey?
But other than that I am just groovy!

Twiceaintnice, Austin? Home to SRV, my hero! U R lucky!

Peace to all this rainy dreary night! Bill in Bama!

We Miss You Mikey! I can hear him now.............
Goldie52:
Hey! Don't give up hope! There are people here like you, and yes, it is comforting to know this--after all, we are not human beings on a spiritual journey, but spiritual beings on a human journey...
It has taken me many months/years to come to terms with my addiction. I'm a "pillhead" and am also in chronic pain. It does get easier. Day by day you will feel more at ease than the day before... The withdrawals are horrendous. I would be lying if I said they weren't. I was taking Oxycontin (about 3-400 mgs a day) for my back,(and pleasure) and I know the struggles that we put ourselves through mentally. We "need" them but don't "want" them.

Cold turkey withdrawal is the only way to go for some people. I know that I could not "taper" down. If I had pills in my possession, I did not stand a chance of controlling the "tapering method." It really doesn't seem like you'll make it while you're going through it. You go through a lot of Why me's, the self-pity ****, but you get over it. Time really does heal.  The first time that I quit, I took Buprenex--it does help. Maybe there's a possibility of something along these lines?

You know, "they" say that only a percentage of us get addicted to our meds (being pain patients and all); but it's more complicated than that--and we all know it!

CT includes cold sweats, tossing 'n turnin, depression, malaise, shaking hands, body, for that matter.

You are not a loser or a coward. You are a brave being. It takes a lot to admit you have a problem much less act on it!  Just remember: It's not brave if you are not scared!  I can soooooo relate to your situation when you say that it's not fair to your family. We must not let ourselves put ourselves down; it's as toxic as the pills.  Our families do need us to "be there," I for one spent too much time not "being there." Not only do painkillers kill pain, but everything else in between.

You will get through this, alive and kicking. I've been off for a month now, for the 2nd time, and am more determined than ever to be off them for good. I used to think about how it was gonna be to "live". Narcotics seem to be able to take over the thinking for us.  

Best wishes to all of you out there! I do pray for us all; and He listens if We allow Him! When you say that you can't live like this, please be comforted to know that no one can sanely. I'll be content if my experience can be of help to you.  I used to think that MAYBE I could handle a "few," well, I tried AND failed! I've been on them for over two years and I can't "handle" them even though I've been off them for over a month. It's just not a possibility for me at this point.

However, there are meds out there to help you through withdrawals, I just hope that you have a VERY understanding doc. My doc was downright mean about the whole thing, but then again I did put it on myself.  Doctors in general are usually pretty understanding if you're downight truthful about it--they SHOULD help. Like with bennies, valium, xanas, ativan--use them only as a crutch for so long or else you'll just be in the same boat; and no one wants to "see" that.

Love to All, Laur
12 days clean today.... I still don't feel so good at night but each day is better...my mind is clear...everyone is telling me that they have never seen someone change so much 12 days...I
You are my hero...you're the best and I am so proud of you, as I know evreybody else is.  Keep going....we need all the inspiration we can get.  Everyday you've sent me something telling me I can do it.  Keep it up.....I am so happy and proud for you.  gosh, i can't remember how many years you said it was.  but that doesn't matter -- you're the best and I'm proud of you......love to you, you special person you!
Good morning to all you wonderful people. I've just decided, just for today, to just get through this day and this day only.  I'm not going to think about tomorrow.  Just a thought....
bmac, where are you my friend?  Hit me!
Thank you...yes i was addicted for 12 years...and you can BE CLEAN TOO...the PAIN will go away soon you will see...JACK
Hi all, thank you for all the help on this forum thread, I thought I was going insane.
A brief history: Suffered a nose condition, pescribed steriods, outcome without details, both hips needed replacing, was put on Oxycontin, and as the weeks went on so did my dosage, 240 mgs a day, well had op and was told ' carry on with painkillers', after 3 months I thought I should not need these anymore and cut down by half, the result was flu like feelings and a lot of muscle pain, this went on for 6 weeks feeling like ****, then I decided to STOP. Nothing prepared me for the HELL I was about to visit, all the symtoms (symptoms),  85hrs off now, still got the sweats real bad, ( slept in dressing gown for warmth), and this morning it is soaked, and the what I call 'Crazy Arms and Legs', no wonder they call it 'Kicking the Habit'.

I thank God for this forum thread, boy have you great people helped, and I wanted to tell you I have kept a diary from the first hour I went CT to try and help others in the same boat, and to warn others of the danger of this drug, let's hope a few doctors read it, as it seems to me they should be more aware of the pitfalls.I will write up the diary when I feel I am clean and post all over the web on sites like this.
Kindest regards and keep at it, I'm sure we will all come clean together.
congrats on getting this far!  You should start to feel better any day now.  There's no turning back now......    I've been there before, I know what you're going through.  hang in there.
Hi i have been on 75mcg hour patches for 2yrs now just jumped staight off it 4 days ago.  Last four days have been a blurr of valium an antihistamine but my legs are absolutely driving me up the wall, to the point wher i think it s worht being on the ****. I know its not just want some feed back to any one with similar situations to share.  I've been an addict for 15 years and in a 12 step fellowship for on and off for 6 but this is all new comming off legitatimate medications I actually have a need for .  Please any suggestions would be appreciated.
Dee
GOOD NEWS.....My heart goes out to all who suffer from RLS and take Mirapex a costly and bad drug.  I could write a full page story but I will tell you to give up salt...all kinds..you RLS will leave you....just a bit of time....that is all salt from all sources.  We were not borne with a salt shaker in our hands nor a sugar spoon in our mouth.  Therefore what causes RLS has to be something we put in our mouth.  Salt is a persevative and sodium is a form of salt.  Look up salt free foods it will make a difference in your life it sure did in mine.  Wishing you all the best..........A friend                                                      
I've been addicted to pain pills...mainly loritabs for the past 3 yrs now. Its not quite as bad as others...I usually with take a half of a tab 10 in the morning when I get up...a half around noonish...a half around 4pm. The most I take in one day is mayb 2. Unless sumthin gets my anxiety level up then I have to rush and take a half!! Its like this every single day and truthfully a half doesnt do it for me, but I suffer through it and I am always constently thinking about time passing by so I can take me other half. Its like Im on a schedule and Idk how to break it!! I had quit once b4...and it was alot easier then becuz now I have 2 daughters that need Mommy so I can not sleep my days away. I want to quit soooo bad but Im also soooo scared!! I know what the withdrawls feel like and theyre so hard to deal with. No one knows how bad this addiction of my really is...so thats also hard to keep in. Cuz if Im not my usually upbeat self they get to asking so many questions and I dont wanna deal with that either. I really need help!!!!!!!!! I want to get my life back!!!! Any advice???? :'(
This is an old post why dont you .Copy the post and make a new thread .Welcome to the forum hope to see you out there :)
I know its hard, ive been going through suboxone withdrawls for the last 7 days and its not getting any better. all i can say is that icy hot has worked the best 4 me. although you have to keep re apllying it, it totally makes you forget about it during daily activities. Also a bath before bed, a good stretch, and some icy hot will help you sleep great. you can also try over the counter anti-histamines such as benadryl for insomnia.They work great.
Today is day 45. I cold turkey'd 100 mg of methadone 80 mg of IV dilaudid,and Roxycodone 30mg x 10 a day. My chills have ended this past week. I am still left with only restless arms and insomnia. Ambien seems to help very briefly. It gets me about four hours of sleep at 20mg. I refuse to take it for more than four days in a row. xanax works but that is like pointing a gun at your head. I really do not know how to fight this war without using other narcotics. I am miserable tired and stressed. I have been working out with p90x everyday. but it still doesnt make a difference. every night when i lay down now i have the feeling like I want to punch. Its the most annoying thing in the world. I have had some luck but not alot by taking potassium 4500 mcg and 50 mg of niacin. the niacin will give you a brief detox of all chemicals in the body but you have to be very carefull not to take to much or you will feel like you are on fire. for six hours.
If you are about to cold turkey dilaudid methadone roxies or heroin. I do not recommened not getting professional help. This is what you may experience.
Blurred vision
Dialated Pupils
Extreme chills/ violent shivering
Profuse sweating
vomiting or dry heaving
insomnia
Anxiety/paranoia
Kicking/punching
Dehydration
Diahrrea
Sneezing
panic attacks
runny nose
thoughts of suicide
Rapid heart rate unregular pounding in chest
Delusional
crying for no reason or from agony
severe nerve and body pain
Dissasociation from the world
feeling weak
loss of appetite and thirst
abdominal pain and cramping
Charley horses in calf and shoulders
Really annoying yawning.
HEY dude you are doing great for the high amounts you jumped from.....80 mg of methadone alone is considered way to high but whats done is done and its the methadone thats still got you under its grip it took me 90 days to even start to feel better....I thought I messed myself up permanently you might want to go to the lower right of the screen and go to the health pages...look up the amino acid protacal it will give your brain what it needs to heal recovery is a gradual process with the cocktail you where on its going to take a wile to feel better
try whey protein shakes you can pick up a c 2lb can at walmart for 15 bucks....it contains a lot of the amino acids as well as vitamins and protein all the things your brain needs to rebuild
just know with God and time you will heal its different for everyone try not to get discouraged
you will make it threw this its all about perseverance at this point hang in there good luck and God bless......Gnarly
Hey everyone. when i was 15 i was hit in the eye with a stick and lost all vision in my right eye. i later had to get it removed after several surgeries. I have had quite a bit of pain in my eye and was prescribed oxy 5 mgs. i just started withdrawling from these pills  and was wondering if there was anything i could do to ease the restless legs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
This is an old thread.  Go up to the top of page...click on ask a question (orange button) copy and paste your question again so others can chime in and you wont be missed.  It will start a new thread!
Been on and off hydrocodone 10mg for around 10 years. Last week went from 12 a day to 3 a day. Felt terrible the first five days. Now weened down to 3 a day.   Tonight is the first night without any. Restles legs setting in. What can I do about them? How long will they last?
I have recently tapered off suboxone films... I can't sleep... AT ALL.......!!! I have HORRIBLE restless arms every night .. It's 215am and I'm so so so sleepy, but every time I try to fall asleep be it in bed or sitting up in chair my arms become so restless... It's driving me crazy.... Does amy one else have this prob???   HELP.... I HAVE TRIED MOTRIN, Tylenol . You name it over the counter but nothing works.. I'm at my wits end......