Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Restless legs

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Restless legs

I'm going into night 6 tonight of my norco10/325 detox and still can't kick(no pun intended) the Restless legs. It's driving me mad it's all I can focus on, I'm not even thinking about the pills anymore. Just wondering if anyone has any little tricks to get rid of em or ease them. Ive been taking magnesium potassium and night time teas( chamomile, valerian, etc) not helping enough. Tried Ben gay last nite, never again made me feel cold all nite for some reason. Any tips would be appreciated I'll try almost anything except prescription drugs. Thanks to anyone who can help me.
have you tried hylands restless legs from walmart,also drinking tonic water, and bananas, is the potassium that helps, hot baths, and some gentle excersise, i really feel for you, best wishes,  sudie

There is a product called "Hylands Restless Legs" that some have said helped them. For me it was hot baths and a heating pad. I also put ace bandages on my legs and I slept in a lounge chair the first few days so that I was not laying completely flat. That is when the rls kicks in. If you are going to lay in bed though, there is an old trick that really does work: You take a bar of soap and put in on the calf of your leg and wrap the ace bandage around it and then lay flat on your back. What that does is causes pressure on the calves which is where the ache usually originates. You will look like you've gone and lost your mind, but it works!!

Aren't you glad you asked? LOL

It will be over soon so hang in there.
Many times,dehydration is the cause of RLS. So get drinking! Water,apple juice,gatorade,
you need a lot of fluids. Get yourself some Hylands Restful Legs at Walgreens/Walmart.
It contains quinine which helps those legs. You need to take several at a time but it will work.
Good luck!
LOL
Yea I forgot to mention I have been taking the hylands stuff and tonic but nothing seems to be working for me. The soap thing sounds interesting I read that before. Thanks everyone hopefully it's gone soon. Keep any helpful hints coming I appreciate it greatly.