Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Roxi and percs!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Roxi and percs!

I've been taking roxi's for about 4 years now. All I ever do is think about quitting. quit for a few hours the next morning and before noon im taking 2-3 30's 3 - 4 times daily. Spending well over $100 day on my drug habit. Not including the weed I smoke. 1/4 ounce a day or better. I've read and read articles about ppls withdrawls and trying to quit. about 1/100 seem to have a success story! Can anyone actually help me quit? I have seemed to quit for 2-3 days before a number of times but the withdrawls are like having the stomache flu! Vomitting, fever, shakes, etc. I can't take it. I take a few roxis and all the sickness goes aways and I feel great again but before the high is even gone I'm regretting taking the pills and just want to quit!
We can help support you but you have to do the hard work.  The wd's are no fun but you will have to eventually go thru them if you really want off them.  There are things to do to ease the pain.  Look in the health pages and check out the amino acids.  A recovery program is necessary also.  Using is only a symptom of what is really going on.  Do you have someone that can hold the pills for you and you could taper down?  Keep posting.....sara
sara is right. and a taper sounds like the best way for you since your usage is so high right now. the longer you wait, the harder it's going to be. you really have to want to quit. you have to be fearlessly determined. of course it will be scary, but support is both here and in programs like NA and AA, and the theraeutic community. the cycle is vicious and pervasive and you are apt to lose the things and people that you care most about. i hope you make the right choice. you are in my prayers. peace, sway
Welcome to the forum. There is a difference between wanting to quit and actually quitting. I too told myself over and over and over that I was done using and the next day I was right back at it, I didn't know how to stop. All we can do is give you some advice and support, but your gonna have to do the work.

What is the longest you have stayed off them during this time? Keep reading some posts here and come up with a plan on how your gonna do this. It's so important to get away from those that are using too and getting rid of contacts. Do you have anyone that can help you taper? Getting honest with our addiction holds us accountable. You can do this man. When your desire to get clean is stronger than your desire to use, you will get clean:) Best of luck and keep posting.