Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Roxicet Withdrawals how long does it last???

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Hubby & I both have been addicted to the 30 mg roxicet, snorting them, 1-3 a day, him for the last year and a half, me for the last 7 months. He was prescribed them for severe pain but it wasn't long before we both were abusing them. Today is the 2nd day no roxis, or oxys. We have each been taking a small perc in the morning and a .5 mg xanax for the anxiety. What is the worst of this? How long is this going to last? Even having the small dosage of percocet we still feel awful. Sneezing, cold one minute, hot the next, fatigue, insomnia, stomach issues.....He works full time and I am home w/ 2 young children so we have to have energy and keep going. I wish we could both just lay down and get through this. Just curious as to how other people got through this and is there anything else I can do to ease the w/d? Fate intervened, funny how that works, we made a wrong turn in our neighborhood and there was a woman on the ground screaming she was having a heart attack and I got the info from her that she was doing 40 mg oxys. Wake up call, funny how that works huh?
Hi there...welcome to the forum. You 2 have made a great decision to quit and it's good you will both know what you are going through in one way. I understand about being home w/your kids... I have a toddler. I didn't cold turkey however, I tapered.

The health pages will help you ALOT!! Make sure you read through there... if you have questions or need to chat feel free to PM me... or post some more. This site is great and there is a lot of support and info.

JoAnn
i went through exactly what you are going through right now, i was on 1-3 30mg a day for about a year or so and i was snorting them practically everytime. I am on day 6 clean and if you are like me you cant just go and see a doctor about it. So I decided to do it cold turkey and it was HELL, but it was the best decision of my life. Also before this i quit using suboxone that i got from a friend and that was much easier but i didnt stay clean long. If i were you i would suggest going to see a md about it or go to a clinic and get some suboxone. I was in your same position and if you have any questions just message me
me and my wife are in same postion and after 3 years of takeing roxies ,are secret got out to are family,are parents took are child for her safety (makes me feel horriable) and in 3 days i get to go on soboxine can't wait to get threw this sickness.iv been battleing this spending thouasands of dallors for 3 years .id advise to get help anyway you can, being sick is the worst feeling ,and i cant go any longer then 2 days without , i started takeing 1-3 a day then went to 3-8 depending on how many i had , i didnt value a dallor when buying these, i had no controll. but now that are family knows we broke down, even know i hated myself for geting them everyday i could.And we just told them everything, and gave us a 1 last chance to change or we would lose everything , are condo .car. and are daughter, and that would kill me if we lost her,Plus i couldnt watch my wife anymore treat me and my daughter like $hit anymore. was my best choice to get well again. i hope anyone who  reads this can learn a lil ' bit from my mistakes,ill post another thread after i get well thanks for reading and i hope  stayorleave41  you ur husband get well also!
were u all getting them for pain??? or u mean from the streets, illegally? it is hard. so hard. i struggle with the mental part more than the physical withdrawl (withdrawal) part. i hate it.
im on day 7 n i just lost the physical pain. i got 6 hrs sleep last night for the first time. im off work today n the mental desire is taking over. im bored n want one. DAM. these pills r evil. they dont discriminate. hot baths and this community were my savior. sood luck
Today is day one been sleepin all morning, Unfortunately this is the second time im doing this. Do not take suboxon,please it ruined my life this is why im doin this again. Just go through with the pain and suffering. I am praying for all you out there going through this. It is so horrible i know but it will b over soon and it will all b worth it please hang in there dont use anything. Im am thinkin about you all and ill talk to you soon. mark
     This will all be so worth it hang in
please help i am starting to withdraw from 3   30mg of roxicet a day . i do not have a dr., money for thomas recipe  or family support but i do have the will to quit . if i take some of the niacin i have will it flush out the roxi and make the wd symptoms any easier or faster??
its all pretty much like heroin withdrawal. it's a living hell. good luck everybody, i feel your pain and saga's
what about only one 30 mg a day for like a month? how bad wil that be?
if you are use to more then that one a day, you still gona be w/ding, only diff is gona be you are gona be w/ding pretty bad that whole month, then you stll gona go threw the 5-7 day w/d to, you see it just makes no sence, , just toughnen it out and do it
Scissorgirl,

You came in on a post that is over a year old. If no one sees it, it will return to archives.

Please go to the top of this page, hit the green "post a question" button and start your own thread. There are many members here who can give you good advise.

Hope to see you out there!
Hi ya ... been taking Roxy's for maybe a year now ... I would get tghem from doctors and buy prescriptions whereever / however I could ... top street prioce was $15 / pill so I was spending some serious cash that could have been used at home or saved for something uselful ... all extra money went to Roxy's and I have NO savings, living paycheck to paycheck.

I am on day one of "no Roxy's ... last pill was 8pm last night, so 22 hours into this and I am freezing cold, have wicked diarrhea, hot flashes, and it really feels like someone is pulling down on my brain by my spinal cord, and my stomach is in knots and I think my leg muscles are beginning to cramp up into charlie horses.

Did I read a poster saying this can last UP to a month?? NOOOOO! I can't feel like this for a month and no way can I go to a doctor about this to get "weened off" ... there is NO weening for someone like me ... I WILL abuse the weening prescription! I klnow that about me ...

I can't go on like this for a whole month! OMG OMG OMG
not phsically, mentally yes, and even forever, but physically you prob looking at 5-7 days for the worse to pass, just do it day to day, but for me the worse was over at day 3, so you see you only have a couple days left, hang in!
hey everyone, so as bad as this sounds i suppose its cool to know that theirs more then just my friends and i fuc$ing with these things.  anyway ive been doing pills recreationally for the past two years.  However, until recently, they were never my "thing" (i was more into pot... and would smash the occasional 30 or two). maybe do two to three a week max and even then i would usually puke the first one up but alot of friends have battled the same drug and i was aware of the severity of withdrawl (withdrawal) so i always tried to give myself a couple days in between and often went a few weeks or a month without doing them... but latley maybe over the last two and a half months ive started getting a lil "crazy"... theirs still been periods where i havent done them for a few days here and there but over the last 14 days ive only missed two days, which prob doesnt seem like much to you veterans out there but im def hurtin now...im on my second day of withdrawl (withdrawal)....the first time ive ever felt symptoms....*****...anyway i havent just been doing 30s...all i could find for awhile was tens and fives....and then i found some 40s....and one day a sixty (you would have thought christmas came earlier, i was soo happy) so idk...this *****..like i said its only been approx. two weeks of straight pills so any idea how long this is gonna last? it was def worst yesterday but i live with my girlfriend and she doesnt know i was doing them so i told her i just have the flu, but shes not an idiot so i dont want to push it
I been taking the roxi 30s for 2 years now, n I got to tell everyone it was the worst mistake I've ever made. I first started taking a half a day with a  friend and got too comfortable with how it made you feel. The thought in my head about working all day long without one made me panic. It only got worse when I started selling them and abusing them. I found myself desperate for help and didn't know where to turn to?.. After 2 years of trying different techniques nothing ever worked untill now. I been clean for 15 days now but it still isn't easy. I can't stop sweating and can't sleep at all. Does anyone know how long it takes for these symptoms to go away? Please help.
Niacin will just help u get it out of your urine but its your brain that tolerates the roxis. The main thing I did to help me was to drink at least 6-8 bottles of water a day n plenty of food. Its deff hard to eat n stuff but it does help. Good luck everyone
Me and my boyfriend have also fallen victim to the roxy's,  The both of us have tried quitting a few times. Definitely tapper, try to avoid suboxine because most only go right back to using. It does help the withdrawals but you will still go through withdrawals from the box.  My best advice, which I haven't seen anyone mention is vitamins. There is a vitamin store that my boy and I goto and we have opened up about our addiction with one of the guys that works there. His specialty is in vitamins and how they work in the body. He had us on Gaba, which helps the neurotransmitters in your brain repair themselves. Also fish oil, powdered greens, a multi-vitamin, a probiotic to regulate your system, and 5-HTP which is another vitamin that helps repair your transmitters in your brain.  Sounds like a lot but it does help a bit and will help your body to repair itself much fast. That along with lots of water. To help with eating I keep ensure or some type of meal drink and granola bars around or I wouldn't eat at all. Speak to someone that is well educated at your local vitamin store to help if you decide to try out some vitamins.  I also have recently been taking sam-e for the depression part of it which has helped a lot.
I abused 30mg roxys and 80 mg oc for about 2 and a half years taking between 5-10 per day and would freak out when I was running out and didnt have. I finally have come to the conclusion that it has taken over my life and all that I used to care about had taken the back seat to the drug. I started in college and continued for about 2 years in the real world. I started going to a doctor that of course prescribed me suboxones. The subs help somewhat with the withdrawals, however there were still withdrawals symptoms that I had to face, anxiety, colds and sweats, insomnia. I started with the induction phase for the subs but then went cold turkey literally after 2 days. My doctor also prescribed me Klonopin, which strangely helped with some leg pains that I started to feel and ambien to help me sleep if needed, but the Klonopin helped me sleep either way.. It has been about 3 weeks now and the withdrawals are basically gone. However, I still get anxiety due to physical and mental urges to get roxys. But I've realized that the high we receive from the roxys don't compare to how bad the withdrawal can be. So, I am over the roxys and moving forward with my life. Hopefully this helps some of you guys. I'd also recommend a vacation while you start having the more severe withdrawals. I booked a trip to the Dominican Republic for 5 days just to get away form everything and to be around paradise basically which totally helped me mentally.
On my first day of wd, 12 30mg-roxi a day habbit for 5 years. I started at 2 a day and just got out of hand, I've always got them illegally after the first year. Luckily for me I moved out of state with my wife just this week specificly for this. I didn't want my family to know my addiction so we moved so bi can get clean. Today has been the worst I have ever felt. I have tried to quit before but always gave up the 3 day. I'm not taking anything to help, its my fault that I feel this way and I deserve the pain. I wish everyone luck on their goal and hope you will all make it. my last dose was yesterday at 5pm its 4pm now and ive already got the fever, hot cold, sweats, loss of appetite, runs, and too much stomach pain, small bit of body aches but the stomach pain kinda exceeds all other pain so its all I concentrate on. Well again good luck, I'll continue to post daily so others will know the gradual steps of how wd comes
i need help
What do you need help with?
how long does it take to get off them. how bad is the pain.what can i do to get off them. i no i sound pathetic but i need to stop this horrible drug. i plan on starting tommarrow cold turkey do you have any advise
I am 6 days clean from taking 3 - 5 30mg roxys a day for about 6 months. I still am always feeling weak and have no strength to do anything what so ever. Can someone tell me about when I should get some damn energy back !
does anyone ever stay off these roxys. After you go thru cold turkey withdrawl (withdrawal), is it possible to stay off for good
I dont know what to do..My girlfriend is going through this for the second time. I told her this is the last time. I freaked out the first time and wasn't there to help her through her withdrawal, but I promised to be here this time. It is so hard,I hate seeing her in so much pain and I just wish there was something I could do to ease it. She can be so mean though...the way she can treat me while shes taking them and now while trying to get clean is just crazy. How long will she be going through this?? And does it ever actually work for anyone with out relasping?? Like I said shes already relasped once...But on day 3 she was already arguing with me...saying she doesnt see a problem with doing them here and there..and how she doesn't like be controled "by me" But I won't stay if this happenes again...I can't
Im 17 and this is my second day of being of 2-3 30mg roxicet a day. I have horrible pains in the back of my(sort of a pulling feeling), horrible stomach pains, nausea, shaking, fever, and for about a week or two i have been sweating all night everynight even if i do manage to sleep. I will sleep with all fans on, windows open, anything to relieve this sweat but same thing every morning, coverd in sweat and in horrible pain. I need help, i dont know what to do, im in so much main i cant take it anymore and need a way out, this had driven me to finding anything i can to take my mind off the pain, even if only for a little while. I am in school right this second dealing with this and itis very stressfull, the littlest thing can set me off in a bad mood twards someone and even i realize im being rediculously over mad i guess. Any advice is appreciated, i thank all of you, plz help me.
Ok, so your in a rush for answers..Look for Me1025 and QRSED's posts..Roxy wd's are the same as it is an oxy based med..They both are 2 or 3 days into the withdrawals..Read the posts .Everything you want to know is there...
I'll help you with this ...Here:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Addiction-Substance-Abuse/hour-one-is-here/show/1465830

If you would like continuing support and guidence with all this, it would be best to start your own thread..Go to the top of the main forum page (return to forum) and hit "post a question".

You will get more answers that way....
You do not sound pathetic in the least bit, from  what ive researched it can last a while depending on metal strength but most intense withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms last  up to 2 weeks minumum, im on my second day off of 2-3 30mg roxys a day and am continuing to be in horrible pain and dealing with all others symptoms.
good luck friend it is a horrible drug.
you r all a bunch of pussies! there is nothin better than eatin roxies and enjoyin the high. no need to stop. and life will neva be the same if u quit. 97% relapse, so quit tryin. shouldnt have started in the beginnin. now its too late for things to be the same as before. so rob that bank, sock that **** to make enough dough for more blues and enjoy the nod. i personally have a 250 dollar a day habit. u dont see me whinin.
hey all.... i have been addicted to roxy's for about a year and a half and today is my 15th day sober. this is probably my 10th time trying to quit (no exageration). Lately before i had stopped i felt i was getting out of control and thought to myself that i was never going to be able to get clean because i was taking anywhere from 6-12 blues a day.. I hate myself for what i have done to myself and those around me. My family doesnt know of my addiction although they do suspect i have been using drugs, but only if they actually knew ;(....... withdrawals are the worst thing ive ever had to deal with in my life. they tear you apart phiscally and mentally. this is maybe the 3rd time ive stopped using soboxone. It helps! i couldnt see myself being clean without them. before i have quit i was doing really bad. i did pretty much anything i could think of just to get the money for it. Oh btw, i work and go to college both full time. i feel better now, no physical withdrawals except some sweats sometimes but the mental anguish is still here. the blues are all i think about, i cant get them out of my head. i wonder of all these people on their 1,2, or 3rd day of quitting, how long do they actually last? i wish all the best because i know how hard it is too struggle from tthis bullshhhh. i hope i can trully stop this time. when i met my girlfriend i was clean 2 weeks and even told her about it. but then i went back to using everytime i saw her and although she had no idea i was on them i wish she did so that she could help me get off them. for the time i was on (a yr and a half on blues and maybe another 8 months before on perks) my best friend from childhood (basically like my brother) gave me the cold shoulder and nothing but tough love and honestly i think he is the only reason i was able to stop. having your best friendf turn away from you and not call you or contact you really upset me and made me realize what i was doing to myself, but if he was only able to understand what i was going through; the pain, the mental anguish, the HELLL!!!! i would reccomend anyone trying to stop to use soboxone because it really helps. anyway i g2g..... good luck to all and wish me luck as well, we all really need it!
There is no easy way out.Ther is no thing like whening off you simply or not so simply'you just have to stop.It really comes down to will power .How bad do you really want to stop.The only way is to just get it through your head that it just not easy and it will be painfull. xanax helps with the tension but I don't see how taking another drug like suboxin is going to help when pill poppin is the problem. The drug does make's  u feel good but is it worth everthing you own.There's really only one way, just stop do your time and deal with it u just have to decide 4 yourself drugs or the drugs u already naturally have in your brain .Once your clean you will probably always think about how just a little would'nt be that bad.But once u start it will be just like the first time .Like I said before you  just hve to decide once and for all it just not worth it and stop 4 ever.
Wow seems as though these pills are satan! I just had my first child and I started doing roxies for pain after child birth. Wish I never started. Now, I'm so scared. I feel so alone. My boyfriend doesn't know how many I've been doing and I need help :-( I'm desperate...I don't want to keep doing this, its too expensive, its not giving me the same effect anymore, and I don't want to turn to dope (God forbid). I DON'T wanna be a drug addict mother, I want to do something different for my son and I want him to experrience a life I never had :-( I'm just terrified. I haven't been doing them for too long...3 months straight (everyday by mouth about 5 a day)...how bad are my withdrawels gna be? HELP ME PLEASE.
Thankfully, we are talking months not years...and not terribly high doses. I used every day for 4 yrs oxycodone. I am 41 days opiate free. You should go to the top of the page and see "start post" as this one is quite old...start your own, you will get more responses. I have come to see these pills as total evil and with prayer, and support you can become a drug free mom. It's Grace that brought you here..we all understand. It would be best if you could be honest with your bf...that's a good start. Then you can go to the bottom of this page right side..see Thomas's Recipe/Amino Acid Protocol ..these are supplements/vitamins/amino acids..that will definiitely help with w/d. You can do this. Prayer also helps big time. Thsi is 2/3 mental and 1/3 physical battle. You will have what is like a very bad flu..for 5-7 days (it all depends..but you are young otherwise healthy, and only using a somewhat short time) You drink lots of fluids, Gatorade...You can do this..If I could YOU CERTAINLY CAN! You have much to LIVE for!
God Bless You
I have been clean for 3-4 months at a time first time used Suboxone and diet pills an Xanax it worked wonders. I was using 5 to 10 30mlg roxis a day. Money is no object when it comes to getting high. I started again an have pawned everything I own for the habit. There is a new shot out called vivitrol that u take once a month that blocks u from getting high and keeps withdrawals at bay I'm looking into that next. Its terrible. It will take over ur life. Good luck everyone.
If u have to go to work I would highly reccomend going to Suboxone.com an find ur nearest clinic. It works wonders an it's easier to taper off of that roxis. But if u are only doing up to 3 30s a day I would only take half of a 8 milg Suboxone tablet let it dissolve under tongue 30 mind later u will feel great. Its a lot cheaper thaan spending 120 bux a day for 30s half a Suboxone will last u all day. Gives u energy and everything.
I agree that it is mostly mental. I do them basically every weekend, starting like Thursday night going into may be Sunday (of course an occasional week-day usage here and there depending on my stash).  Every week go through withdrawl (withdrawal), then come Thursday, when I am feeling good again, the mental part takes over and I'm on the phone trying to make moves again (and I have to pay a lot of money to get them).  And you know what, its stupid.  The thousands and thousands of dollars I spent over the past 6 or 7 years of "weekend" abuse would have been enough to buy a brand new beamer or put a down payment on a house, which makes me feel like a jack-***!
I know it is easier said then done, but sometimes you have to just suck up the W/D pain, and realize that is probably not the worst part (it will be the mental.  Not to be a downer, just trying to be realistic to how it works for me).  Just KNOW that you will eventually feel good physically. I would say try to sleep off a few days as best you can at first, for the immediate symptoms.  But honestly, for anyone that has tried to stop before, you at least know what to expect now.  I hate to say it, but you just got to deal with it.  
Also, I find exercise helps.  Not to be judgemental, bu chances are if your popping 3 to 5 blues a day, you may not be on the best exercise regimine to begin with.  But anything is better than nothing.  I know you sweat just from the w/d, but exercise induced sweat is not bad either.  Like sit in a sauna or something.  At least, that always helps for me.  The worst part physically for me is the stomache pains.  I am about 12 days blue-free, and I pretty much feel fine, just got the bubble guts, kind of nasty.  But again, you just tough that out and deal with it.  Now, the next couple of days, I play the mental game.  Hoping for the best!!!!

i had 350 30s at the 1st of the month id say i was doing 80 a day and i tell u know lies i have been on the oc 80s first and now the 30s since i have been 16 years ikd and im 4 spent 4 years in prison since ive been 18 this year i was on saboxen for 7 months had about 10 gs built up i was doin some serious hustlin that couldnt have landed me bsck in pen for a long time last month i broke over got tired of the saboxen planned on doing 1 30 a day but it got to me and now a month and a half later im dead broke strung out back to my ole ways and im miserable tried to do a saboxen last week after doing all that medicine and i thought i was dying freezing death hurting every were hallucinating i thought it was my time to go had to go out in an ambulance what do i need to do to be strong cause i cant take the withdraw symptons not strong enough i can do 3 30s a day and i wake up at 200 in the morning withdrawing why is that
My daughter is going through WD's as I write this from this drug. We were at the ER all night as she had a abcess (abscess) that had to be lanced as a result of her use could have lost her arm as the infection was spreading. I am scared to death for her, I have been with her the last three days and have to go back to work tomorrow. I have been reading all the posts and I have a great respect for all of you folks that are trying to get off this stuff. This is not my first exp. with detox as her dad was an addict. he recently committed suicide and that threw her over the edge.
Withdrawl from these things is horrible. Give it 4-5 days n the worst of it will be over. Try to stay moving as much as u can even though its tough u gotta force yourself to walk around. Dont consume any caffeine either. Hot baths r good. n powerbars u have to eat! Hang in there everyone. Dont give in dont break. But stay strong. This will make you an even strong person.
Hey everyone my name is frankie and this is my 8th day without a roxicet all my pain went away but in the morning around 7 am i wake up with cold sweats and now during the day something in my head is making me want a roxi so bad i have ben doing them for 2 to 3 years now started of with one then i was doing like 8 a day
y cant they just stooop making this drugggg take it off the fkin market
I just found out my husband has been doing hydrocodone30 for about 4 months now and about 3 weeks ago he started snorting them I gave him a choice them or us so today is his 1 day what should I expect as far as withdrawl (withdrawal)
Hey-- I sm on day 3 of stopping cold turkey with 30 mg roxicet. I was a recreational user for about 4 months after I had been in the hospital for kidney pain and was recieving dialudid every 4 hours through IV for almost 2 weeks. For the past 2 months I have been snorting about 7 a day. Today is my third day off of it. And I'm reading so much about it and I really am only experiencing the shakes, hot and cold sweats and dirreah just started today however I feel okay. I don't feel like I want to die. I'm scares that the worst has yet to come. I'm doing this alone and figured this was a good way to help me. Thanks for listening !!
I have quit 30s for the 2nd time but now its all n my mind......I did have a serious back surgery... I fight the urge as much as possible... I lost my apartment, car and family bc of these things and me and my significant other enable one another....and 1 have any advice??
I sustained a left wrist injury a couple months ago and my orthopedic surgeon gave me Hydrocdone, then when that wasn't working he gave me Percocet following my surgery. That helped a lot but made me feel loopy. I eventually ran out and started having the withdrawal symptoms and the doc gave me Roxicet. That didn't do anything for the pain but did kill the withdrawal symptoms. I am now on day 2 of not taking any narcotic pain meds and have been drinking a lot of water, fruit juice, and eating. I also been taking OTC acetaminophen PM so it helps me sleep. The symptoms have been minor compared to the percocet but I still feel them. I been needing to go use the bathroom quite a bit.I have also experienced the hot and cold flashes. I hope I get over this soon.
hi and welcome...since this is an old thread you might want to post a new one....just click on the tab at the top "ask a question" ...more people can see and help you....it does get better....just post your own question and people here will chime in to help....hang tight and know you can get thru this!