Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
SLEEP DEPRIVED HELP! DAY 5

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

SLEEP DEPRIVED HELP! DAY 5

Hi everyone, its day 5 for me and i just can not sleep more than an hour a night. I try to take a nap in the day but still cant. I dont want to get started on the sleeping pills although I have lately but they do not even help me. What do I do?
Hi Stacey,Do you exercise?That will help.Do something that gets your heart rate up a little.No naps or attempted naps during the day.And what sleeping pill do you have?I had ambien and what I did was waited until like 12 or one when I was actually sure I would not sleep and then took the ambien.I discontinued this after a few more days.I would not use the sleepers every night if I were you.If you do the things above it could bump your sleep up to 3 or more hours a night intead of one.
Ok thanks. I have been taking unisom just the over the counter. I have ambien 10mg in this house somewhere just got to find it. I have not been doing any excersise because i have a sever sharp pain in my right side thats been there quiet sometime and no doc can find the problem. It comes and goes and unfortunatly has to be here during this time to where it makes it hard to even sleep.
With my side and sweating so bad at night. When I do sleep I wake up soaked from sweat. wonder how long that last?
I still am waking up drenched in sweat too!! Im a day ahead-Day 6. It seemed that when I took OTC sleepers like unisom the benadryl in them would also make my leg cramps worse. This time I did have some restoril,,and that has helped. Hope you find some ambien and sleep good tonight. Exercise is hard for me too mostly because I have NO energy or motivation. Hang in there