SUBOXONE - half life??
??  Does anyone know the Half life of SUBOXONE - Beprenorphine.?   I HEARD it was 70 hours,  but that's what I heard....unsure if that is even accurate?
It is very long ,why do you need to know ?
what does 'half life' mean exactly?
It is the time it takes for one half of the chemical in the body to clear itself via the kidneys or respiratory or other excretion system.   The half life of Sub is from 37 to 72 hours (depending on which 'expert' you believe).   That means that in a minimum of 37 hours, half of the stuff is gone from your body -- that means that over the next 37 hours half of what is left in the body (1/4th of the total) is also removed -- then half of that over the next 37 hours and so on.  Bottom line is that Sub stays in your body for many days  --- also the longer you use it the longer it takes for it to clear the body.  Hope this helps.  All the best.
Sometimes some of our memebers have thought maybe they were  not going to go threw WD becase after 4 or 5 days they had not had anything then in the next few days it hits them.
I was on suboxone one time and my doctor explained to me about the half life and i remember him saying it has a 36 hours
37 hrs is the average half life for buprenorphine but everyone is different, it depends on metabolism, youre tolerance, and so on..and the lower the dose of sub the actual more opiate buzz you will feel
I called a Pharmacist yesterday who told me Suboxone was a VERY interesting drug, here's what I know:   If you took 16mg today,  in an hour and a half,  the Naloxone would be gone from your system.  But the Buprenorphine has a half life of 37.5 hours.    

Meaning, in 37.5 hours, you would still have 8mg of Buprenorphine in your body.   37.5 hours later, you would have 4mg in your body.  37.5 hours later, you would have 3mg left.  37.5 hours later, you'd have 1.5 mg left.  37.5 hours later, you'd have .75mg.

HOWEVER!  And this is the weird part!!   If, at any time during ALL of those hours, you take an Opiate, the Naloxone re-activates itself!!!

This pharmacist spent half an hour on the phone with me explaining all this, calling it one of the weirder drugs that there is out there.........that's for sure.    I hope that info helps someone besides just me.....  
I went to the doctor 11 days ago.  The official half life of suboxone film is 36 hours . Ive been detoxing from 12mg daily use for over a year to 0 because I had to undergo surgery.
  My doctor prescribed me clonidine for withdrawal.  ROPINIROLE for restless leg syndrome. Ambien Cr for sleep  and valium  for anxiety.   It all helped but the first week is hell on earth. After that everyday is a little easiest