Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
SUBOXONE AND VICODIN

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

SUBOXONE AND VICODIN

Can someone please tell me if they know what would happen if you abused vicodin while on the suboxone treatment plan? I'm in a bad place and could use any advice.
As far as I know suboxone has an opiate blocker - folks is that right?  That's what I remember from when my hubby was in detox.  I'm thinking that's right - and if so - that would mean that the opiates in vicodin would not be able to have their affect because of the blocker.  

So you'd be wasting your money and your liver to be taking the V if that is the case.  Maybe look up info about suboxone online and see if that's correct.  

If you're on suboxone its becuase you want out right?  You want the opiate addiction to stop right?   You can do it, make the harder choice - the stronger choice - don't take them.  You may not believe it, but in time - patient time - you will find the real joy in reality and real life and not depend on the pills to give you a synthetic joy.   Don't let the pills trick you - that isn't real happiness, it is destroying your brain's normal function - ability to feel real happiness - too dangerous, you can stop and you deserve real happiness.  Do it for yourself!   Where do you want to be a year from now?  Think long term!
I used Suboxone for about 10-days to get out of a pretty heavy Hydrocodone Addiction. I was/am dealing with Chronic Back Issues...&, found the pills wearing off, so I took more & more...Then, more just to feel "normal" (which is an ILLUSION by the way). Your brain is so screwed up & it's tricking you. PLEASE TRUST ME! I have been there, scared to death, more than once. But, this time I'm done. I've asked for help & been honest about everything. I felt ashamed & weak, & hated being so vulnerable. But, I WANT TO LIVE! I wasn't alive, the pills were "living" for me...But, it wasn't me at all anymore. After withdrawling from Hydrocodone for 10 days, w/the Suboxone, I went off Suboxone. I'm doing Holistic Treatments (IV-Treatments 1-2x per wk & Vitamins, Magnesium Cream, Protein Therapy) & my Husband has been giving me small doses of Xanax to help my body & brain relax (it's kept hidden from me). He is weaning me off that too. It's a hour to hour, day to day struggle. I won't BS you, I thought I'd NEVER make it to today! I believed I'd never feel good,happy or motivated again. But, slowly myself is returning. SLOWLY. Yes, Suboxone helped my withdrawls. But, I decided I don't want anything in or controlling my brain anymore. I want my mind, spirit & soul back. If I, if You, have to take on this War... DO IT! Live outside of the prison these drugs put you in. Start today. There will NEVER be a perfect day to stop. That day doesn't exist. Ask for help & do get counseling. Tell people who are helping you, that you're a liar & a slave to your addiction, & are NOT to be trusted! It feels "humiliating", but you'll be surprised how very little that word means with those who love & have missed you. They (Mom, Spouse, Friends, BF or GF, Family & esp. Your Children) Just want You Back! At the end of the day, Suboxone/No Suboxone... It's up to you. The power of your Spirit & Your Desire to quit is the only real, true Solution. It's not fast & easy, but it will set you free. I wish you all strength & courage. I will pray for us all every single day. I promise. When you feel alone or are alone in this, at least take some hope & comfort in knowing, I've been there & I'm praying for you Today. Freedom...
unless u waited a few days..taking vicoden would be a waste of time as u would not feel the vicoden as ur receptors are saturated with sub..using while on sub is not really what the sub is intended for..have u talked to ur doc?
yes it is a blocker so taking the pills you should not get a high! so basically your wasting your time and money! what are you on suboxone