Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Sad and need support

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Sad and need support

Hi I new to the team. I've been using percs and vics for overall pain. Then realized taking over my life. I can't function and tried stopping cold turkey but couldn't stand the pain and overall yucky feeling. Now tapering still feeling yucky. I feel so sorry for my young children and feel like a looser! I want to be me again please help! Suggestions???
Welcome!! It's a little slow tonight but people are here for you. How many percs/what mgs and how many vics/what mgs are you taking? Do you get them from a doc?
Also, how long have you been on them?

Stay strong,
Greatgreebo
Hi welcome to the forum you have came to a great place to get help with this as you know there are 2 ways of doing this one is to just C/T and jump in the shark tank...it usually takes about 4 to 5 days to get threw it but then its over.....the other way is tapering this will take longer and along the way you will feel dope sick just not as bad as if you went C/T there is no way of avoiding the withdrawals you can ether C/T and get it over with or taper and spread it out the problem with tapering is most addicts su ck at it we tend to yo/yo your dose up and sown according to how we feel this wont work you must stick to the taper you cant take 4 pills one day the 5 or 6 the next it is best to have someone else hold the pills and give them to you this will avoid a lot of the problems with tapering many of our members use the envelope system you put your daily dose in an envelope and when its gone its gone we can no longer discuss taper plans on the forum it breaks the rules set up to protect everyone if your getting them from your doctor he/she can work out a good plan for you in brief I can tell you this slow is the best way to go give your body a few days to adjust to the dose b4 dropping im sorry I cant be more detailed then that I can tell you to stick with the forum you will find much support here we can recommend things that will eaze your withdrawals .....tapering requires lots of discipline and perseverance but it is doable keep reading the posts and post often....stay on this thread it makes it ezer for us to keep up with whats going on we all want to see you succeed good luck and God bless....Gnarly      
Hey you. I hope you read Gnarly's post. Those are good words. Everyone is different, but if you can get some help with your kids, or time off, or just think you can make it for 4-5 days, I would go for getting through the WDs cold turkey. Not "I would do it," like it's easy. It's not. My 4-5 days lasted longer and some were better than others. But, at about day 20, I really and truly felt free. For you, it sounds like you need to decide. From what you wrote it sounds like tapering is still making you feel sick. That may be (may be) your answer.

It took habit changes all around. Confiding in people. Being open. Valerian Root, protein shakes, bananas, juice, and lots of water and Gaterade. The treadmill was a life-saver. Rarely did/do I jog, but even walking 20 minutes was a big help. My pack pain would flare up sometimes, and acupuncture was a help for the pain and emotions.

Posting was of great benefit too. I would log on and find a kind comment at just the right time. Keep posting!
Thanks 4 responding & u guys encouragement. I took about 10-20 pecs/day;some was snorted & about 15-20 vics. Tapping. Mon none thought I die & was so bitchy, tues afternoon took 1/perc/2vic 4xs that day, wed 1/perc/1vic 5xs, yesterday same but snorted 1 perc before found way to post hence my posting. Also takin vits (via Thomas recipe)....and ordered withdrawal ease - awaiting delivery. My husband is no support and can't handle the judgement of my family members so....my little - correction BIG secret. Wk full time took off this wk married/single mommy want life back!!!!!
The funny thing is I'm one most c as 'has it all' -happy, husband, job, kids...smiling all the time life of the office, but if they only really knew...I'm a drug addict! Dont know where I went got lost somewhere after having my last child -he's 5. It's because of my children I want to survive!
In fairness did share some w/ my husband who went 2 store 4 me & got my Thomas vit list of vits. However, he has a drinking prob (nite bengs alone) I don't drink cause him and...came downstairs tues early am and found him drinking both beer and hard liq thats when I realized he cant help as a support cause it just mags ihis drinking problem...and yes I've tried 4 years for him to get help. Now I need it :(
Some Vic rec'd from doc along w/ pecs. However, also got them elsewhere 2 maintain habit! Chronic back and overall pain. Fibromalgia & disc prob + arthritis
And I'm no old.
Thanks 4 listening. God bless all of u too as I'm praying 4 all of my new friends out there. God bless u!
hang in there sweetie!!! gosh i feel so bad for you...and to not even have your "husband" there to help you get through this has got to be rough!!! try for the sake of your kids and stay strong!!!! the kids need you and you need them....i have twins myself and the struggle of getting off the vics very soon and im scared to death to go through the withdrawals....please keep us posted and i pray that things get easier for you.... may god bless you everyday!!!!!! good luck to you!!!!!!
Awww thank u so much! Please stay in touch w/ me and let me know how u r. Looking for Mommy POWER :)
i will stay in touch with you as much as i can...this is so hard for me to even type right now just because im so scared of "stopping" i didnt want to even post on here cause i felt embarassed but then realized alot of people go through this and maybe i should post to try and get the help and some advice on "stopping"... i am so glad to join on here cause meeting people like you makes me feel im not alone. thanks oooo much for listening to me and sharing with us. may god give you strength to get through this each day!!!!! big hugs to you hun!!!!!!!!!
Now u know (we both know) we're not alone :) don't be embarrassed as no one here is judging - at least not me :) judging one would be cruel; especially when seeking help, support & encouragement! I was scared too and fighting the fight w/ u. I'm an addict! Finally admitting. Taking 1 day at a time w/ Gods help and those in this forum. Gig bless u my new friend!
Oh should note; percs 5/325, vics both 5/500-less desired & 10/325-preferred  amount taken noted above.
WDs are scary, but after you realize you're "alive" after day 3 or so, you won't want to waste that clean time and go forward. Like ripping a band-aid off would be such a small comparison, but think of what ripping one off or yanking out a tooth is like to a small child- deathly scary.

Anyway, anything you take that is nutritious is going to be counteracted by the narcotics. I think (and just a non-judgmental opinion) if you really want to be free, you should take everything you got and flush them. Get rid of the prescriptions, and tell your doc not to write you anymore.

None of that is easy to hear, but it is doable. I had a terrible day 6, but a fairly good night. I felt pretty normal last night, and today is day 7 for me. It is doable. Praying!
GET RID OF THE SCRIPT - GET RID OF ALL ACCESS to the drugs.  Don't know how many more times I can say this.