Same Habits Repeating
I wound up taking a Neurontin during the afternoon - just to have an afternoon nap. Grr!! See, I'm only prescribed one a day - to help me sleep AT NIGHT. This is how my addiction to the painkillers began! Well, you all know the story - you start off heeding the prescription label, then you take a couple extra just to get a slightly better effect, then you're taking extra all the time - just to get any effect, then you're downing handfuls because your body screams at you for more! I'm repeating my addictive behaviour!! Oh, I know - if I find something to do then I won't want a nap. The trick is to keep myself occupied during the day. I have no idea if Neurontin can become addictive. I just - I had too many hours of the day left to fill. Does that make sense? I wanted to make some of them vanish - and the best way to do that is to sleep. But, if I'm overdosing on them... how long til I'm back to my old bad habits & begging for codeine? Am so annoyed at myself!!
Hmmm........this is kinda a hard one for me.  I think Neurontin is pretty good medicine for WDs, but you are repeating bad behavior by taking them when you shouldn't.  Do I think it's going to kill you?  NO.  But we all need to learn to take things as prescribed.  I still have a problem doing that.  I think, "well, it's not a controlled med, so it won't hurt if I take one more because I want a nap!"  

We ALL have to change the thinking.  That is part of it! :)
It's nice to know that I'm not alone! I'm terrible at sticking to the prescribed dose - of anything. There's always a part of me that wants to see what effect more produces. I know - I need to fill my day with other activities. Find hobbies. Join groups or classes. (I'm not working at the moment - on account of my shoulder) I fill the mornings pretty well with exercise & chores, etc. I guess it's time for me to develop interests that don't involve popping pills. (Are there other such hobbies?? :-D )
hey i honestly do think the neurontin is very strong so u can probly just take a tylenol pm , or just benedryl if u hav no pain i personally dnt think theres anything wrong with sleep aid otc also id u want somthing natural take melatonin that wrks great so i hear but tyl/pm wrls everytome and i dnt build up an immunity dnt b so hard on yourself this is a rough time there is nothing wng with wanting a nap
How many days do you have?  I don't think it's too many.It's really normal to want to sleep some of this away.Just don't go overboard with the neurontin and you will be just fine.Great job on getting away from the opiates.As the days go by you will get stronger and feel better and start wanting to actually be awake.Great that you are exercising.That will help tremendously after a few more days.Just hang in there  you are doing good
Thanks :) I guess I just get irritated with myself. Channeling all my negative energy somewhere!! I know, a nap's not terrible. It's just that I spent a lot of time napping on the opiates. But - I should focus on the good & be proud that I've got 6 days & that I didn't have a relapse on the opiates! (I'm just not too good at focusing on the positive. Us addicts tend to dwell in guilt & self-flagellation...)
Yes, and we also dwell on finding "something" to fill that empty space that opiates filled.  And we want to SLEEEEEEEEEEP!  Day. Night.  Whenever!  I still do.  But I had to find something that kept me from wanting that drowsy feeling.  Like....this weekend I have WAY over-obligated myself.  Bad idea?  Maybe, but I won't be sitting around with nothing to do.  And at 6 days clean, it's even more important for you to find things around the house to do.  Clean out a closet.  Come clean out mine? LOL  Seriously though, even if it's stuff you don't wanna do, or even if you have to quit halfway through to rest, it's better than sitting around!!! : )
My laptop crashed a couple of weeks ago. So - now that it's had a h/drive transplant I'm currently replacing everything I lost on it when it died. So - I've been using that to occupy my evenings (& any times during the night that I'm awake) But, as it's in my bedroom - it's too close to my bed during the afternoons. The bed is just too tempting!! It really is just the afternoons. But - I'm meeting a friend tomo afternoon, I'll go to church on Sunday & on Mon - I'm getting my eyes tested. Next three days - sorted. :-)
Good for you! And gets you out of cleaning out my closets??!!!!!!! LOLOLOL