Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Savella

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Savella

I'm wondering if anyone has heard (or ever used) a drug called Savella.  I'm looking for non-narcotic treatments for pain and a nurse friend mentioned it to me.  I looked it up and found there can be some withdrawal from it but according to what I read, if you taper off, it's fine.  Becoming dependent on oxycodone has left me worried about trying anything that says you need to taper off it, even if it's not a narcotic.  I had tried Cymbalta for pain in the past and was never told there can be withdrawal from that and was surprised to find that out when I went off it.  I'm hoping when I'm finished with my taper I can treat the pain with OTC medication along with some topical gels.
You may have better luck posting in the fibromyalgia forum as it also prescribed for it.  I hope you find an answer.  Good Luck
I tried it. Was hard to tell if it was working. I used it in hopes of getting off meds. No wd from what my dr said. This is a drug that works well with some people and not at all for others. If there are underlaying psych issues probably not. I was told to stop of I felt depressed or started to shake. If I shakes to get to er ASAP.  It's worth a try, most of this is about how your body handles it.
Mine didnt handle well. I had constipation but that happens for me with most new meds.

I say try it. It is a good drug for pain if body handles it.
Also I'm the opposite. I'm trying cymbalta now.