Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Scared about a forged rx

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Scared about a forged rx

So my friend works for a dr and she wrote an rx and signed it for oxycodone. When she went to pick it up she could tell the pharm was suspicious but the still gave her the meds...she then got up and went into work before anyone else and there was a fax from the pharm asking that the dr verify that this was his pt and he wrote the script. She then wrote on that the info was correct and faxed it back to the pharmacy .....then destroyed everything....so question is....do you think it's taken care of?? Since she told the pharmacy on their fax that it was correct and faxed it back from the docs office that will be enough for them????  
Well, I have no idea if the Pharmacy will follow up any more or not. But, I can say for sure that if your friend continues this, she will get caught eventually, and no doubt lose her job and face some serious criminal charges! It sounds like she has an addiction problem at the very least. I hope you can convince her to get some help before she gets in any deeper! Please let us know if we can help! Good luck!
Oh it put the fear of god into her! No more for her! She wants to talk to her pastor about it but is worried they will report her...can they??? I would think since they faxed the doc they hadn't contacted the police until they heard back from drs office??? So hopefully they just drop it. What got her was she had been filling under her husbands name as he did have surgery with that dr then she filled for the exact thing a week later under her own name.  I'm still surprised they even gave her the script if they thought it was bad?
She is lucky to have a friend like you.You seem very concerned for her
You should ask your friend to come in and talk with us. Maybe we can help her...
I don't think if she talks to her Pastor they will report her! I think there are laws about confidentiality. I can't say for sure. Perhaps the Pharmacy is suspicious because they have the same last name, and address info? I really hope she quits this and gets the help she really does need! This is very serious and it could take some time before it comes back to bite her! The Pharmacy could continue to investigate. I'm not trying to scare you, but this is really serious! There are other members here who have found themselves in a similar situation, and it isnt pretty! Good luck, I wish her all the best! Hopefully, others with some experience in this will weigh in!
Well the first step is acceptance but I'm sure you already a suspect ere's no "friend" wasn't sure of the level of anonymity .,I,do need help. I had a pretty major sx in 2011 and that's when it started. I was given liquid oxy due to the type which hits you even more than tabs. This was for tabs though. Sine my 1st sx I have had some pain issues and 3 more surgeries in the last year. I had stopped taking anything last June after being on oxy for a year and amazingly didn't even have withdrawals! I was clean until my last surgery in November. My spouse also had sx so there was plenty of oxy in the house. I was on liquid oxy AND liquid dilauded. But when mine ran out I used up his. Then realized i needed to replace his in case he needed it...he didn't even use 60 tabs for his ankle sx. This is the first time I went as far as writing an rx. I mean the first surgery. I have written a few now and oh my god do I regret it!! I am so scared. I have a 4 and 8 year old...I am just hoping I caught the only fax that will come through....now time to get clean again...crying.
Ahhhh Sweety, I'm so sorry! We have all done things we are ashamed of because of addiction! The important thing is to stop and get some help! Keep posting here for support and advice! Sending you hugs!
Yes we probably all were thinking that your friend was you but it's really good that you told us.  I can only imagine the fear that you have right now.
I would suggest that you stop using right away.  Go to NA or AA and in case anything happens it will show that you are serious about getting clean.
Are you ready to quit now?  If you are we can help you through it.
Thank you. I keep praying that I managed to avoid getting I trouble for this but trust that I am NEVER doing that again. I'm sure I am red flagged anyway now...I am getting clean and need to focus on my babies. I remember how much better I felt to not be a slave anymore to the pills last time and want that again..I just keep looking at my driveway waiting for the police to pull in any moment. I have actually been texting with the dr I work for and his PA today as a "feeler" and they don't "act" as if they have been contacted. I really want to talk to my pastor tomorrow ...I got baptized this last year and feel like I need Him more now than ever.  I just wish I knew if this was going to come back and bite me so I can just move on with out watching over my shoulder. I can't even imagine what my husband would do.
What do you think made them suspicious?
Pat..yes I want to quit.
Can I ask how safe this site is if I share info?? Is it monitored by people That would report me??? Not at I put any info on but you know how technology is!!!
Don't share any personal info, like your real name, or too many details where someone could figure you out! Lots of people have been in your similar situation. Just be sensible and careful! I feel that this site is very safe! You can share! Lots of great advice and support here, and you will not be judged!
As to what happened...

There were some Rx's written for my husband and then I decided to write it in my name instead..."to switch it up" .....clearly not thinking. I did all the don'ts....same pharmacy...exactly a week apart...paid cash..no insurance..then all of a sudden there's one for me..the pharmacist actually asked me why I was getting a script from my husbands dr..I explained he had done his surgery...not a lie and then said he was now going to do mine..she asks when..I say Monday and even throw in there technical info as I do work for her and know all that info anyway...she says you don't have ins for med bit do you have it for sx?? I even told her well I do I just have to get reimbursed unless I use their pharmacy...again not a lie!!!  I was in too deep to walk away at that point!! Especially since I work there!!!! I knew I had to get to the fax to check it just in case and yep! They faxed a copy of the rx and a notice asking for verification..even said.."need to verify this is your pt, her husband has been seen now she says she is having surgery too. P,ease verify and fax back" so I wrote on the bottom of it "above info is correct, thank you  and put the PA's name and dea number on it. I also then left a message with the pharmacy stating we had received the fax and that it was in fact correct information..stated that her husband is a pt too but has been released so there should only be the rx for her. And left my direct extension if they had more questions as it doesn't say my name on it but the dr's and PA's

Dear lord was all that worth it??? Absolutely NOT!!!!  trust me that I am not treating this like look what I got away with...I hate that this is happening???
Its lucky they didnlt arrest you when you show up to pick up the script. Forging prescriptions is a Felony, your Pastor may feel the ned to report it since there are laws being broken. I don't think their are confidentiality laws with Pastors. My suggestion is do not ever, ever do that again and maybe find a new place to work?

Using the same pharmacy was the mistake, I think.,and not having your story prepared before going in. Best not to go back to that pharmacy, the big chains like Walgreens get the most suspicious, because they see it so,so much.
Like I said too...I am surprised she even gave me the rx and didn't come up with a reason to make me come back for it!
I am sure it's a huge wake up call for you.  Many of us have done things we regret in order to get our pills.  I was never in the position of being able to do what you did but I can imagine I would have if I was able to.
It's a horrible addiction and it takes a lot of work to stop using.
Are you planning on tapering or just quitting cold turkey?
There are different things that can help ease the withdrawals.
Wow that's crazy, I'm sure if I knew how to write a script I might have done it myself, it's amazing the depths we will sink to just to get a fix
Praying for you. I have never done that, but with my medical background, pretty sure that fax back was the end of it. They suspected, the got an answer. They run a business, but not a detective agency.

Now, please forgive me here, but in a couple weeks, a month, knowing you got away with it... You see my point. You have to want to do it, not be scared into it.

So you got lucky like me and found this board. So along with whatever you do there, post here. Quit now.

Omg girl I'm on day 4, but these members are getting me through. They can you too. Good Luck, hope to see you posting your recovery! :)

Thank you Barb. I know what you mean by the feeling of getting away with it means I may just be tempted to go back...but I swear I want it.  People talk about near death experiences and their lives flash before their eyes...I feel like that has happened with me. I look at my beautiful babies and think oh my god what if I have to leave them and go to jail? How could I do that to them?? For that!! And for me!! I will beat this. I am so glad I found this site as I need all the support I can get.

Now Brit has me too worried to tell my pastor but I need his support through this. Maybe I just tell about the addiction and leave it at that? I just don't want to lie to him and sometimes omission of the truth is the same thing!
Not to scare you but, you are better off to come clean to the Dr or the Dr's office.  
It is very possible that he/she will find out.
I am currently being charged with several felony counts of prescription fraud and I can tell you, if I had it to do again, I would have came clean before I let it get out of hand and then was arrested.
If you do get away with this, it likely will not be the last time you will go to these extremes to get the drugs.
Message me if you want to talk.
Sarah
You might ask your pastor first if you are able to confess something serious to him, and if he is able to keep it confidential or under what circumstance he would have to break your confidence! Talk to him before you give him any details! That way you will know!

I will tell you, ther but for the Grace of God, go I. I can remember feeling so desperate when I ran out of pills, I probably would have done anything to get them! I would have bought them off the street, if I knew how! I was lucky, I didn't! You have made a great decision to quit and reach out for help. I understand, and I feel for you!
Oh and Barb...rationally I think the same thing too regarding the fax...working in healthcare I have sent back plenty of faxes that verify or state not out pt and don't get anything back....but the paranoid side of my brain says...."oh my god what if they fax it back again just to say thanks?!" Which is why I plan on getting to work first Monday am as well!
I was tangled up in a fraud case like that. A friend stole a pad from a bone n joint place n i worked in a liquor store. This pharm kept coming in and buying vodka while he was at work in the kmart pharm. He used to flirt w me all the time so long story short we did it quite a few times for oxy 80s, 40s, and 20s. I found out the pharm who worked there drunk was being investigated for taking our scripts. I thank god was not on the video when they aired it over the local news. You saw the women i was filling them w n my back. So they were only looking foe her. Its a federal case and if she didnt start giving up the big time players she wouldnt have gotten off w a slap on the wrist. Your prob lucky this time but being this doc trusts you as his employee you will for sure be looking down the barrell of a gun. Damage is done now so you should enjoy the pills you may have paid your freedom for and get your **** together. Or maybe just toss them because i see a suprise drug test in the future.
I agree with Sonrissa.  Ask your pastor about the churches view on confidentiality.  I know the Catholic church keeps all things told in confession confidential.
You do need to talk with someone who can guide you with this.  It's going to weigh on your mind for quite awhile.
I sincerely would recommend a consultation with a lawyer.  This is a rough situation, not only did you forge a script, but communicating on behalf of the doctor to cover your crime is not good.

I sincerely hope you get the help you need, and I hope nothing big comesd out of this...but there's no guarantees, unfortunately.  Sometimes investigations can take months.

Does the pharmacist know you work there?
Good for you for getting honest. I was waiting for that. Now you need to listen to the advise given. These members have been where you are and can relate and make suggestions. I hope this was a wake up call for you hun and hope you get clean and can put all of this behind you.

Keep posting talking. Let us know how you are doing.
I agree w BARBRTR they got the fax back. They arent investigators
But if you dont get right now you will get desprte again and will do whats needed to get what tou want n it only becomes a monster if you keep feeding it.
I completely agree kme.  I wll kill this monster this time.
Hi there, I read through all this thread and I can tell you from experience on both side (working for a physician and being the one who fraudulantly wrote the rx's) that chances are when you faxed back, it was done and you will likely not have any issues from this.

My attorney told me that they WANT to catch you red handed. Meaning, when she gave you the meds, they would have had the police there if they knew for sure it was forged. FOr a scheduled 2 narcotic its also doubtful they would have given you the RX if they had any questions at all without talking to the Dr's office. They risk alot as well.

Now, I need to tell you this because I was you in the beginning! I was questioned by a pharmacy, they faxed to the Dr I worked for and I caught the fax before anyone and saved myself. You would have thought that I would have learned my lesson there. I did not! Long of the short of it is, "almost" getting caught didnt scare me enough apparently. I eventually did get caught and ruined my career and almost went to prison. THIS IS A WAKE UP CALL TO YOU!! You may have dodged a big bullet my friend, But if you keep thumbing your nose at fate, you WILL pay the consequences! I wish I would have had someone to tell me this when i was you, then.

Please take this sign and get help! These pills arent worth it. You can and will lose everything.

If you have any questions, you can always PM me. I wish you the best!!
I know you can get clean w Gods help.  I went up for prayer at my church and told the lady I was addicted to pain meds and had her pray for me.   I was scared out of my mind to do it.  And very ashamed.  But I did it and know without a doubt That I have people praying for me to get better.  
I will be praying for u to get clean and find peace!!!
Thank you so much Cess. I appreciate your prayers so much.
Do not, repeat, do not fess up to the doctor.  the phsrmacy do not have the time to repeatly contact the doctor office about this.  the already did and will not do it again.  just get clean and never do it again :)
I totally agree.  I think this is enough to scare anyone straight.
Thanks over easy...I can't see confessing to the dr as an option as it will def mean the end of my job! That's not to say I don't think it's a good idea to let him know of my addiction...at some point.
RIght now, you need to focus on you getting clean and recoverying and while I think you should always be hoenst, Admiting to this and coming clean NOW will only cause you problems. Losing your job right now is not going to help you get clean!

Have you given thought to everything?? Are you done with these pills now?
Yes Teresa, I am done...I have about 30 pills...haven't sat and counted yet...so the question is do I flush one go ct or taper...typically I have been taking about 30 a day...24 hour period...part of me just says go ct and be done with it as I know if the pills are here I'll want them. I went ct last time and was fine and I was taking around the same amount..my pcp gave me meds then to help with wd I only used 1. So I do have that if needed.

I have a group of girls that I met online originally but we ended up meeting in person a couple of times now and for the last 9 years they have been amazing friends. We have been through a lot of ups and downs together and there are 6 of us that have just stuck together through it all. I emailed them a long letter last night and completely opened up about my addiction. The support I have gotten back has been so amazing, I was so ashamed, AM so ashamed but so far they have been so kind and I know they will be there for me!

And then there is this forum...I have never felt such immediate support from strangers before and spent many hours yesterday reading and crying...

I am so glad I found this board and have a place to go where I am not being judged!
This place is pretty great isnt it :) It has helped save my life thats for sure!!

As far as C/T or taper or what have you. You say you take 30 a day and you have approx 30 left right? Well, IMO you might as well go c/t. To do a Taper now with what you have, will only prolong the w/d's you are going to have. It wont help ease them much because a Taper is suppose to be slow over a period of time. You have enough meds to do it for only a few days at best so your going to w/d' almost as if you went c/t! So I think you should just fush what you have and jump in!

Unless you have any underlying health issues, going c/t wont hurt you. You may feel like you want to die haha BUt you wont!  

What are your thoughts about that??
I think you're right only problem I am facing regarding wds ok other than they suck...but I am not at a place I can take time off right now at work. I will ave to suck it up and go in any way! If possible that is.
Unfortunately, even though cold turkey withdrawals make me want to literally rip my own hair out..I'd say if you only have one day left then..Cold turkey it is. But what if in the midst of your cold turkey withdrawla,s you get desperate and do it again one last time at a different pharmacy? Are you sure you cant take a few days off work?
I can't take tomorrow or Tuesday but could after that. I really am so scared that this pharmacy thing is not done there is NO WAY I am going to try that again!!
How are you feeling? Are you going to start the cold turkey w/ds?