Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Scared of tylenol overdose

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Scared of tylenol overdose

I just added up the tylenol I took today with the vicodin and it's 5,000mg. I've very scared that I'm going to overdose. I know it's way too much. But I'm just looking for any experience from anyone else with this amount. I'm very very scared and don't have health insurance otherwise I'd go to a dr. right now. Please help. I'm a single mom and very scared.
It would help with a little more information. How long have u been taking vicodin ? What mg are u taking and how many a day?. Was this given to u by a Dr or off the streets?
Yes I have a prescription for my herniated discs, but I know I'm taking way more than I should. I've been taking it for a few years now. The total acetametaphin amount based on how many I took is 5000mg and I took it all throughout the day today.
Sorry, that would be 10 5/500 vicodin
Tht Is a lot of Tylenol but if u don't take it like tht all the time u should b fine ( I am not a Dr ) so this isn't a guarantee. Also u can go to an emergency room without insurance and they have to treat u. If ur worried about the bill most hospitals have assistance for tht or payment plans. If u really think u od  on the vicodin u should b seen just to b sure. And being tht ur a single mother better to b safe than sorry. I wish u all the luck and keep posting for answers!
Thanks. I feel totally fine. I'm just scared once I realized the amount. I did some online research and 5000 seems to be a lethal amount. But I'm not sure. I see some places where people say as long as it's just once they are fine.
Have u ever taken this much before? Mayb its time to speak to ur Dr about other options.weather the rise he has u on isn't working or ur like all of us here and addicted. We can help u if u want to stop and take ur life back. We all kno what its like to have pills rule our lives.just think a life without counting pills, being scared of running out. The WD isn't fun but its doable and u can probably manage ur pain another way!!
I would just keep an eye out for any changes in how u feel but u won't always feel something is wrong if its with ur liver ya kno. I have taken tht amount a lot of times although I'm not proud of it and not something I would recommend.
Not a doctor. My take is that if you took 5000 mg once, and you had no pre-existing liver disease, nothing to worry about. However, if you took this amount every day for extended time, potential problem awaits. Talk to a doctor if you're worried!