Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Septum damage from Ritalin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Septum damage from Ritalin

Alright, here's the deal I've been taking ritalin for years because I'm prescribed it to help with my ADHD. I recently discovered that If i snort the 10mg tablets that It comes on much harder and helps me do my homework like a champ. Ive been snorting 10-20 mg's 4-5 times a week for maybe 8 months and have snorted 30 maybe two or three times. I ive noticed that A. sometimes when I lay down on one side I have trouble berthing out of that nostril and same with the other. B. I have also noticed that the bottom of my septum on the side that I predominantly use has become slightly concave and when I felt it just now seems to be more sensitive than the other side. neither are raw but I do feel more discomfort touching that side. I use a straw when i snort it so as far as i can tell it shouldn't be touching the septum hardly at all, least ways the bottom of it but i can come to no other conclusion for the why it would be that way. Without medical attention will problem B go away, and is problem A. caused by it at all.
Tags: ritalin, snorting, septum, nose, help, help me, ADHD, medical
look, you know you shouldnt be snorting it, so i would say , yes your nose problems are caused by doing it, either way just stop! only you can help you do this, best wishes.