Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Seroquel XR 150mg

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Seroquel XR 150mg

I took my last dose of methadone yesterday morning.  Was at 85 mg and detoxed 3mg A DAY and today took the last dose of a whopping 6mg.  I got my script for suboxone today but won't be filling it until Friday.  Dr. gave me sample Seroquel XR 150mg to help me sleep the next few days.

My question, I have taken REGULAR Seroquel before, 50mg, and it knocked my arse out!!!  I see everywhere it says to NOT crush, cut, chew the XR.  I don't want to take the entire 150mg.  That is too much.  Will it hurt anything if I take the 150mg pill and cut it into 4 pieces and only take one of the 1/4 pieces?

I understand they say that cutting it can allow too much of the med into your system at once, but if the 1/4 piece is only roughly 38mg, then there shouldn't be an issue right?

I haven't slept in 3 days and I'm so, so damn tired so any quick answers would be so wonderful!!!  Just found this site yesterday and you all are a freakin' Godsend I tell you!!!!!
Tags: Seroquel XR, sleep, dose, question, help me
Wow, that's a huge dose to start off with. I think starting dosage is something like 50mg a day. I tried it once, took half a 25mg pill and was a zombie for 2 days. I wouldn't screw with the pill cutting. That's dangerous since you can't confirm what dosage you'll get. I'd call that doctor and ask for 25mg pills (maybe 10 of them so the cost wouldn't be outrageous). I urge people to take their Doctor's advice, but I agree with your apprehension about taking such a large dose.
Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm still VERY tempted to take it because I NEED to sleep or I'm going to go crazy.  Maybe I'll call the pharmacy and see what the pharmacists has to say.  He/she will probably call me a f***ing idiot for even asking!!
Hey that is a pretty high dose to start with. My advice would be to only take about 25mg because if your coming off an opiate or mehtadone it will cause the leg cramps or "kicking" bad at that high a dose and you won't get any sleep! So start low you can always go higher! good luck
Thanks again.  I took one of the 1/4 pieces over an hour ago.......no tiredness or sleepiness at all.

Took another 1/4 piece about 30 min ago and still no change at all.  Wide awake ironing, doing laundry, not tired one freaking bit.  This ***** bad.  I'm so freakin sleep deprived.
not sure but i believe u have the time release seaquil..it is to treat biplar disoder and lasts for 24 hrs..otherwise the dose would not be so large...check u7r bottle with the pharmacist to be sure..but i am thinking it is the time release form and if uswallow it whol u will be a zombie tomorow as well..if u break the pill then u break the time release part of the pill which is usually in the coating of the pill..so if u had a 100 mg and broke it into 1/4 of a pill, u would quickly receive 25 mgs...seraquil is a potent sleep med unless u r bipolar..i would talk to my dr and if u r using this for sleep u need the instant release tabs....in wds u would need more but 25 mgs of seraquil instant release is enuf to knock an elphant out...talk with ur physician
i just re-read ur post...XR is time released/ie extended release..which is more often rx-d for bipolar/disorders..and IR/ instant release would be rx-d for sleep
many doctors are swiching to ser. ex because they get more perks for perscribing this drug, when it first came out i asked my doctor a ton of questions, she stated that the ex should not be used for sleep disorders, seroquel makes you eat, it causes binge eating, they made the ex to help with this side effect, i am not sure if it helped i only took the ex one time, when i started on the old ser. it was 25mgs for 3 months, then moved to 50mgs and so on until i was at 200mgs, i understand why you were perscribed 150mgs for methadone detox that makes sense, 25mgs is not going to help someone coming off of methadone, but i am not sure why he is using the ex, its common tx to use seroquel for methadone detox, and it works great for wd symptoms, but if you stay on it you will gain so much weight, thats what i hate about this medication, it can be so helpful but the side effects are very bad
bottom line i did take this drug for methadone wd, it did help, even helped with cravings, but i gained a ton of weight that i still cannot seem to shed, this medication has come up alot this week try looking for other post, that should help
worried is dead on, the instant is used for sleep not the ex
Im on XR and I take 800MG! doesnt knock me out at all, as a matter of fact, I cant even tell I took anything!!!
As a chronic insomniac SER XR has been positive (100mg X 24 hrs.) My mood has been better.(My drug of choice was booze and have found my craving far less a problem.) I fight the weight gain by having one small but healthy meal a day and doing a 20 min. bike ride. After 3 months I can say Ser. xr has been a reasonable help. Who knows 3 month's from now?????
Spleeniv  Feb09 2010.
CANADA.
I was put on Seroquel XR 150mg... I have been taking Risperdal it has many side effects huge weight gain lactating,  not happy with that outcome but anyone wanaa give some good advice about this ser xr does it work and the dr says there is little study to prove that it causes weight gain...
If you cut the xr tabs they become essentially useless and doesn't make you sleepy right away you have to take it 2-3 hours before bed.
The instant release will make you drowsy within an hour but doesn't last as long

I was given 400mg inpatient and told it was for sleep. I could not function on this amount the soc cut it to 200mg xr at bedtime still feel like a zombie and am now down to 150 +50 reg release cAnt get out of bed but sleep not as good

This crap numbs my brain and body can't stand it. Plus the fact they lies and said I was being given a "low" dose for sleep. I am not bipolar just had depression with high anxiety and insomnia
I take seroquel in 150mg and it don't do **** at all any more  i have to swallow 2 pills  to knock me out I.can say the seroquels are really strong pills don't play around with it
hello started taking seroquel xr three days ago.i sleep right away,next afternoon got sent home from work because im in a zombie state.it helps me with my racing thoughts but i feel so not there and i dont like the zombie affect ,dont think i can drive on my third day.my doc said keep taking i have to get use to it,i just dont want to get use to having a cloud over my head.confused
hello started taking seroquel xr three days ago.i sleep right away,next afternoon got sent home from work because im in a zombie state.it helps me with my racing thoughts but i feel so not there and i dont like the zombie affect ,dont think i can drive on my third day.my doc said keep taking i have to get use to it,i just dont want to get use to having a cloud over my head.confused .oh half of 50mg