Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Sex

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Sex

Has anyone else out there noticed that even sex is different when your not high on vicodin? Better!!
about a million times better...
Yes My sex drive was the first thing to come back when I stop using .
wooooo hooooo
well its only day 4 for me and sex is the last thing on my mind...but i hope ill be up to it soon...my poor man aint gettin any cuz im all yucky and sick
You must be much farther along in recovery than I am. I lost my drive a few months ago when I really upped the dose. That is one thing I am certainly looking forward to returning. Who's your daddy??
Oh totally.  If that isn't an insentive to stop I don't know what is.  I mean really wow.
I'm the same way. My sex drive was way low when on the pills. My sex drive has came back some and it's great!
LOL!!!
I don't have sex so I couldn't tell ya, but I'll take your word for it......get it on......bang than drum bandmom......lol.

nauty..............
Wow. so I'm not the only one.  I thought it was an age thing, but I'm starting to think NOT!

Day 10--thought about a thing or two!

It has been a few years of "my own private idaho" where the less touching the better, the fewer people wanting my attention the better.

It felt good to actually want to engage in conversation today.  Ain't lost that!  I felt so much better in communication and demeanor today.

What's next!!
you put in to words the way life has been for me so perfectly that I have been reading your post over and over.  

When you said:
"It has been a few years of "my own private idaho" where the less touching the better, the fewer people wanting my attention the better."

I had forgotten that I was not like this before I started taking the pills and you are so right, my life had become an desperate attempt to avoid attention from others, avoid contact.  Thank you for posting and reminding me that I am not the cold fish I thought I had become. (I had convinced myself that I was just "tough")  I really liked sex, conversation with others and did not mind being touched before all of this.  
Also, describing life on pills as "my own private idaho" may just be the most apt description of the little "safe" room we put ourselves in when we take the pills.  What a lonely, sterile place that is, now I think I am going to go track down my husband.  =)
thank you again!

On the pills I have like 2% sex drive and have sex maybe 2-4 times per month and it is usually int he morning when the pills are the longest out of my system..

Off the pills I am an ANIMAL I tell you!  Since my fiancee has a sex drive that is hard to fulfill, I take it as a personal goal to try my best to give it to her as much as possible..( not a chore) a benefit!

When I am off the pills we have sex maybe 2-3 times per week.. At least one weak out of the month we usually go on a binge for like one time a day and then an encore that night! For the entire week..

So yes the pills effect my sex life, and sex drive 98% pretty much, and I hate it! Just add it to the HUGE LIST  of things I hate about pills...
yes my sex drive has definitely improved. i am hoping it will be back full force when i am off the suboxone. not only that but i have had female problems (sorry, but it is true) since my pill addiction which made my sex drive even plummet more. i am tired of making excuses and i am tired of being on antibiotics. my day is coming!
Wow. I am a 64 yo guy...for the last 5 years had sex 1-2 times per month. Off Vicoden 3 weeks now sex 3 times per week. What a difference!  I think my age magnifies the difference.
oh yeah big difference. It's like getting out of toyota truck into and 18 wheeler. Shoot i think i have more than one addiction now.
My husband and I.were addicted to any opiate we could get our hands on.are sex life was amazing while we were high.2-3 times a day for the 2years we were high.we finally hit rock bottom when he went to jail.mind you we never got arrested in our lives.by the grace of God he went to jail for 33days for something he didn't do.while he was in jail,I finally told my mom I was an addict.even tho it nearly killed her she helped me get into a suboxone clinic.longer story short
He went cold. Turkey cuz he didn't want to tell he was an addict.while on the subs,his sex drive went waaay down.within5 months it was zero sex.what I'm trying to get at is...I tapered down from 16mg a day to8mg in 4monts then from 8 mg to 4 now I'm @ 2 mg a day and my sex.drive went waay up but he still has no drive.what do I do?I'm so happy were off the opiates but its been 4 months with no sex.he swears I'm cheating on him but I am not n never will
HELP ME.any advice would help.ty

HELP ME.any advice would help.ty

yes :)
LOL, I wouldn't know...been 10 years without for me.  Used to love it too and couldn't get enough...any where any time...I thought my 0 desire for sex and hugging and kissing was from antidepressants, but did not want to switch them as without a partner, did not just want to sit and think about sex.  Glad to hear this may return.....now?  where to find a man....hahaha
Like so many have commented, it comes back and better than ever.  It came back to me in a matter of days after the physical withdrawal subsided.  I didn't have much of a drive when I was using and it was very unfortunate, but once I stopped, I felt like a teenager again HAHA