Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Shabu?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Shabu?

A friend has come to stay with me.  After going to bed and sleeping for about 3 hours, she started to behave rather strangly.  She made a lot of actions with her hands and arms, mainly in the direction of her face, quite powerfully.  She then urinated in the bed.  She was quite hot - some perspiration on her forehead.  The whites of her eyes were quite red - and her eyes were wide open as I spoke to her.  She was breathing regularly as though she were asleep.  Some twitching occurred - especially in the region of her abdomen.  She was producing a lot of saliva, almost to the point of choking, some coming out of her mouth.  I could NOT wake her.  Eventually she awoke and knew nothing of the incident.  She had a shower and changed clothes.  She is now sleeping normally.

I know nothing about drugs, but I do know that there are a number of people using Shabu (whatever that is) in this area.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Alan
"Shabu", also commonly known as "Ice" is dextromethamphetamine. Speed.

Sounds like a seizure/convulsion to me. But I'm no expert.

- Mike
Sounds like a seizure to me as well. She should get checked by a Neurologist.
That has got to be more than just shabu bro.!been hooked for 10 years and am currently two years in my recovery. never heard of anything like it. I could relate to the hot temp. and perspiration when trying to sleep after a binge...none of the    salivation and urinating involuntarily.
After my friend had slept, she awoke normally.

She explained to me that she wasn't on drugs(??).  She told me that she had one of these attacks about once a month.

I took her home and spent the rest of the day with her and her family.  I saw no evidence of drug taking.  She told her family what had happened and they just smiled.  No one took any notice.

I just wondered, could this be Epilepsy?

I might add that I'm living in the Philippines where medical practices are many years behind those in the West (I'm English).  Many of the people here have strange, superstitious ideas about illness's and their treatment.  Diagnosis of illness is mainly by guess-work.

fluoxetine
hi! I'm a student and we are studying about the deadly shabu in our health subject and i was just one of the reporter. I'm researching about the record of shabu in our country (Pilipinas) until i found this site well this is a apportunity for me to post my comment about it, well,..! i found it bad please to all the users and pushers of course please stop using and making shabu it's bad for us and to others like the young children it may influence them.,,.! Ok! thank you for posting my comment.,..
i have a seizure disorder and take medication for it. and what you desribe is exactly what a seizure is. they are called clonic/tonic seizures and she does need to see a neurologist to get them under control.
hi... how r u now? im having my study on shabu for my thesis. hope there are other person who can help me find more readings, articles on shabu or maybe somebody have studies on it. please email me... ***@****
hi! to the readers.i have been and still its my problem with my husband he never stops using this drugs what they call it shabu.were in our 12 years of marriage and yet his still using that before i'm always angry with him but in this point of or span of time my anger turns to nothing.he always confess to me because i can see him when his on drugs.now all i can think is to get seperated with him i can no longer understand him! i've been miserable all the time thingking of what and why he always use that shabu i think his a addicted to it.we have 3 kids  2girls and a boy i dont want our family ruiend but i think i cant handle it anymore he always promise he'll change but in the end end up again his still using give me advice what will i do....i want to help him but his not helping herself....what will i do!!!  
Same thing here... the problem is that I don't know the signs if my husband is on drugs...
anyone who can help me know the signs. My husband and I been married 6 years.  When i knew him, he told me everything about his addiction on shabu, and that he's recovering.  I accepted him, and after 5 years of relationship, we decided to get married.  7 months after our wedding, i found out that he still use the drug.  I already talked to him, and he promised that he'll stop but the incident was repeated several times.  Now I want to know the signs on how to notice if he's under the influence of drugs.  It's hard for me to know.  Hope you can help me guys... thanks....
If you start a new thread, and repost your post above, you will get many responses.  There are lots of helpful people here, but this thread is 8 years old and probably wont get responded to.

Good luck!
i don't know about this drugs, but from what i've heard my brother was using this deadly shabu. can you please help me what i may going to suggest to my brother so that his body will be clear when he will undergo for medical check up becauase i know he will fail if the doctor will find out he was a user.
thank you.

lgc                      
LG ,
This is a very old post I am afriad people will over look it .Copy your post and start a new thread . Welcome
avis
hi tine26. im ram. a filipina. i have tried shabu i was never dependent on it.
here are the signs if your husband had taken sahbu:
* he is awake in the wee hours of the morning. like insomnia. he cant
sleep.
* he prespires a lot.
* he doesnt eat much. he loses his appetite even with his fav dish.
* he is very alert. speedy. always smiles without any reason.
  energetic. thinks very quickly and a lot of things running in his mind  and  talks a lot like non stop. or say things that are out of this world.
* dry lips.
* most of all, keeps on drinking water as if he is thirsty every 30mins.

hope this helps.
i also had a friend who is addicted to this drugs...the good thing is he himself surrender and went to rehab....from then, he no longer uses this drugs. i think 5 years. my question is "is he totally clean?" i mean.....that shabu on his body is that totally removed? im so happy for him for what he did....a lot of my friend told me to stay away from him because he was once an addict and he might do something bad...and added to me that addict is always an addict. ... he seem so well behave when we have the chance to talk do  need to worry? help me?  
hi i also have a problem..i am 20 years old.I had already a family. my husband is 34yrs old and taking drugs too..well eventually it is his second time to use after he went for rehabilitation..maybe 3years ago..im his second wife..someone told me he use drugs just last year of feb.then i ask him and he did not lie to me.. i already know this when i gavebirth to our son..as of now he still use it..he told me his reasons like;
-he used it for business purposes becuase he cant  think when he didnt take "pajero"or shabu..
-he also used it to raise his "adreneline
-he became good when talking to a client

but i just noticed to him is that;
-he have insomia because he always go to bed at 4 in the morning and wake up at 9.
-he cant eat food a lot especially fried dishes..he always want a soup because he told me if the person is inuse he just chew the food like a bubblegum and take hour before they swallow it thats why he want soup.
-he drinks water a lot
- he also prespire
-he always want sex
but he hit me twice thats why i am afraid coz i dont know what he can do next..I try to tell it to his parent but he warned me that once i tell that,,he will leave us and never come back again..what should i do..please help me..
Hi ac23. If you got to the top of this page and hit back to forum. it will take you to the current forum. this is a old thread. Please repost what you had written so you can get the support you so deserve ok. it will be on top and you will see a ask a question button on the left.. type in there and hit.
I'm sorry to say but the excuses he gives you for using is that of a addict.. Hitting you he has no right to do. Do you have family that you can tell this to and stay with till you figure this out ? I'm afraid for you as he crossed a line with physical violence and nothing is stopping him from doing it again. You must protect yourself and your baby.. I'm very sorry you are going through this and please re post so you can get support.. warmly lesa
hello guys...i've been trying to fight these shabu drug addiction of mine for almost 12 years...for the first time now, i've been sober for 7 days already...but my backs started to ache...it's so very painful right now...is these one of the withdrawal thing or maybe i'm craving  for it again...i hope you coud advise me or something...
  hi guys, am not using that drugs but my husband is a user.i know that his using but when we talked about it,he promised to me that he stop using it.But yesterday i found out that he used again, before that incident he said  that his arm feels like shaking and there's a ground like some kind of electricity,is this the sign of withdrawal? or his craving to use again?
hi guy,wishing you to help me my big,big,problem... i`m using drug almost 15 years already until now i am connective with drug; my problem is, how to stop this kind of activity? hopefully you can advices me what will going to do, because if i`m the one to decide, i can`t  control my self, i need other  person to advice me.. i am 29yrs old on this present... starting using shabu since i am 14yrs. old.
You need to start a new thread this thread is over 8 yrs old. You can do this by going to the top and click on post a question. this will bring up a new thread and you will get more replies. Wish you luck please post the new question.
hi there.we have the same story.i had a partner before for 7 yrs who is on and off to shabu. he abuses me mentally and physically. i finally left him after 7 yrs with our daughter.once he starts to hit u , he will do it again. i loved him but i had to leave because i know there is no longer a relationship there. the first thing he does in the morning is go to the cr and smokes the drug. he became paranoid and controlling.and it was so hard for us to understand each other. i hope u can convince him to go back to rehab.
Wow... I didn't even know the internet EXISTED in 2000, let alone MedHelp!
The internet was long around and MedHelp was long around by 2000.

Anyway fab, you did what you needed to do for you. That is a nasty drug and I know people can get violent on it. I have only heard of it twice since the 90's. I hope he gets the help he needs and stays off this time. We cannot convince him, he needs to want to get clean.

You are welcome to post here for support and better yet, if he would create his own account we could talk with him directly.

I wish you all the best and will say a prayer.
I am 21 yrs old now,and im 'meth user',i wnt to stop taking drugs cause its killing me slowly,im asking someone to help me to get out of this thing i'm doing in my young life.please help me :,(

charissa
this is a very old thread!  Please go up to the top of this page and hit post a question (orange button) and you will start a new one and hopefully get the help you need.  
my husband too..i think he is using shabu for almost 12 to 15yrs until now..i have 3 kids…pag alam kung naka drugs sya sobrang sakit…walang kasing sakit..he was only 32…i need some advice
my husband is a shabu user please help me,what can i do to him?to stop using shabu.
I have a cousin who's been using shabu   . one time he and his friends were having drinking session and as usual they're using shabu too. He said supposedly 7 of his friends are to show up but failed only one did arrive . so what he did the good for 7 person shabu ..he took most of it. Following morning he experience numbness in his body ,his having muscle spasms. he keeps on saying the letter R . he told us that he felt one vein just pop  on his left side of his breast. Could you tell what is he feeling really? Is there an overdose of crystal meth? if so . What are the sign > what's the first aid for this if it'll occur again ?