Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Shooting subs

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Shooting subs

Ive been shooting subutex for 6yrs.. Why when I take the same amount/dose orally,does it feel weaker or after a few hrs I start with the watery eyes and yawning.. My question is Im on 8mg alternate days at the moment. If I up to 6mg daily will I stop the minor hanging I experience Later in the day/at night? I really just want to stop shooting it and take it orally, eventually drop down and drop off..But its very hard when im a single parent working full time to be feeling unmotivated because I havent had a shot.. Will the increase stop this or am I hanging for the shot?
What you are doing is very, very dangerous.  You need to stop right now, and go see a doctor!  
I don't think anyone can tell you how to use more safely or comfortably.  The plan you just outlined is an escalation of use, not a decrease.  If you are ready to get serious about quitting, then there is plenty of support for you.  You need to be sober for your own sake, but also for your kids' sake.  Please please please, go see an addiction doctor and do this right.  Don't make orphans out of your children.