Should I go back on methadone instead of Suboxen?
I started methadone maitanance Nov 1 2011 and stopped it 3 weeks ago and started Suboxen. I never had any opiate cravings while on the methadone but I felt I had traded one addiction for another. At times it really controlled me b/c I felt trapped to stay in town b/c of having to go to the clinic and dose every morning. Not to mention it was embarassing& I s was still spending money on the addiction(methadone). I felt great (the best ever) mentally on the methadone maybe b/c I am wired way differently, I suffer from bipolar disorder and PTSD. Three weeks ago I kicked the methadone(90 mgs liquid) and started Suboxen(2 mg 2x per day) b/c it was free for me (VeteranAdministration provides it for my service connected disability PTSD) and b/c they give me a 30 day supply which means no daily dosing at clinic. So far I mentally felt so much better on the methadone. I am going to give the Suboxen a chance though b/c I may be experiencing a coincidential hypomania episode which makes me anxious and irritated. I also love not going to the clinic daily & not spending money on an opiate blocker. I wonder sometmes if I should go back on methadone b/c my mental health was better but I still felt like an addict on it? Does the benefit outweigh the risk(feeling controlled by methadone dependence)?? Also, b/c I am on suboxen my Dr. will no longer presribe klonipin(I honestly never abused it) b/c it is very dangerous with an opiate blocker. This is a huge issue b/c I have been prescribed it  since 2004 & b/c of my anxiety issues my mental health is deteriorating. Are there any PRN non bezo's I can be prescribed?What to do?
Is the klonipin generic for clonidine?  I am not a fan of the subpoxone.  Des the treatment center where you went for methadone not provide carries for those who have shown progress and earned trust of the doc?  I also think switching without tapering must be harsh on your body.  I have taken methadone for pain for 14years and my life has been very stable, but in canada at least in the rural areas the doctor writes a script and the private pharmacies dispense the med.  some people do go daily, but those who are stable go weekly. Best to you. Tobygo
HI........I would give the sub a chance it will be a lot ezer to come off of any time you switch your meds there is a chance of a manic episode im bipolar also but the klonipine is a no no with methadone also although people do take both but it can be dangerous I would give it 2 weeks and see how you feel if not better you can always switch back but trust me when I say that stuff is evil to come off of
keep posting for support good luck and God bless.......Gnarly