Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Should I still supply friend ????

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Should I still supply friend ????

Hey guy's i'm still hold'n strong !!!!!...........BUT...........I have a friend who is still hooked and he needs me to get him some "ill's" so that he does not get sick. I feel bad a little..........

I think i should not involve my self.............but he was a fellow ill head when i was and he came thru for me a FEW times.....

What to do                   HOPSING....advice.

If he is ur friend help him the best way u know how. If that meens suppling him, I don't know. But if u do make it ur point to help him like u helped urself. I refuse to hang with my old crowd known them since i was six. I always thought how impressive it was we've been this close so long. Iam 34 now I will not talk to them cuz I now were it will lead. I miss them. But I miss the 8 others that r dead now too.
Good point.

He has called my phone 13 times.......He will probly hate me, but he knows i'm clean. Running out of pills is what helped me relize my problem.

Maybe it is for the best. I will not answer the phone.
Having pills in your posession for even a moment could be risky. Tell your friend that part of your comitment to getting clean is to never handle or come near pills again. You are fighting for your life here ! Tell him to never even ask again or your friendship will end completely. Be a good influence and stand strong on this. Having friends that are using is not a good idea to begin with.  Staying clean is your priority ! You must put yourself first, and you might lose some friends, but do you really want addicted friends around while you are clean ?  Too risky.  
Part of recovery is separating yourself from the people, places and things that will cause you to relapse. It is easy to justify "I owe him we had good times".  But the moment you put yourself in that mindset you will begin to think I can handle one or two.  The spiral back down begins again. If you want to stay clean you will tell your friend sorry man I am not using anymore and I cant help you.  You can come over but I don't want to talk about or see pills I am not using and plan to stay that way.  You wll need to be strong and think about YOUR future not the past.  Stay clean and keep fighting.
Good for you not answering.  Maybe as you said being without might cause him to want to stop the constant chasing of pills.  You could be doing him a big favor.
Yea....you guys are right........this is the only way.........if they are around i might do them........and i never want to do one ever again.

I will only speak with him about recovery.....only......

Thanks for the support !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you know the answer to that already my friend.
Stay strong and heed the advice of the others that responded to your post.
=)
Would you consider opiates poison to the addict? Should you give your friend poison?  
NO  Give your friend experience , strength , and hope .  Help your friend with all the information about the wds that you can.  
Hey coolio,sorry it took so long to answer. I was kind of having trouble with this one as I to am in the same situation or should I say was. I have a coworker who I would get them for. He asked me to get him some knowing I was clean and he knew what I went through with my wife,daughter and the w/d's. Well I did it,I got him some more. I told him this was the last time. It was very hard, I just took them and put them in the console of my truck and when I got to work I told him where they were. I then proceeded to tell him that's it man i'm not doing it again and you need to think about getting off this stuff too. He said he didn't have a problem and could quit no problem. Well he found out he had a problem. He ended up having to detox while going to work and it was harder than he thought. He has not asked me for any since that day. We are friends and right now as far as I know we are both clean right now. I took the chance of loosing one of my best friends but I didn't and right now everything is cool. As far as your friend if he does'nt want to get clean you will have to let him go. You are the most important thing right now and I will kick your butt and his if he messes this up for you.~~John
When you make the decision to get clean. You have crossed over that bridge of using. You no longer think it is OK to use, right? Then you can't enable others to use either.
Run away!
"Bad Associations Spoil Useful Habits"... 1 Corinthians 15:33.... In a nutshell....
clamity has a good point..i know this has to be hard since it is a frined who helped you out...BUT i also beleive if he sees you get clean there is a chance he may as well..
how many days are you?
Plus what if you get caught or in trouble, and you are clean!!!!  that would be terrible
I would only talk to him about helping him get off this ****
r2r
how many days are you?
r2r
I was looking at old post's, and i see, i have been through this before with him.

You guys helped me then too.

After thinking on it all day and reading reply's , i relize that i need to just cut him off now.....

Because this will happen again in 2 weeks.
Good move! If you didn't have any around. No one would be asking for them in the first place. Just a thought. flush flush=happy fish:)
I know this is a tough situation,but getting him pills also puts you in repeated contact with a supplier that may in time put you at a higher risk for making that call for yourself. Twice yesterday I turned down pills. At one point some were dropped off at my house and I asked the person to retrieve them. The other time was a neighbor who got his script filled and I even saw them,but I declined them. I felt that brief moment of euphoria and walked out the door. He owed me money and I took that and left. I was so pleased with myself. One is too many and one hundred is not enough.
man thats music to my ears. You are no longer an enabler nor are putting yourself in a bad situation. Good for you.
Good job on walking away. Explain to your friend why you are not getting him the pills. Let him know that now you are clean this is the only way you can help him out-and by help I mean NOT getting him the pills.
You may be saving his life in the long run. Let him know you are there if he wants to continue getting clean.
It is hard to lose a friend, even if it is one that is a bad influence...I understand completely. Hang in there-you are doing the right thing.

Good luck
Greebs
hey ur post also helped me here, b/c my husband also has friends that he hooks for. so now i know what to tell him if he even trys to do that again. In my husbands case he even makes some money off of the friend b/c he sells it to him more than what he gets them for. and he had told me a while back when he was still taking the pills, "Oh trust me I will make so much money off these pills by selling them once im clean" and i told him i rather him get a second job but a legal job and work harder, than to put food on our table for the family with what i call "DIRTY" money. so i know that i need to keep reminding him why he cant help out his buddies once he is back from detoxing! In ur case u should stay away from people like that also, and like hopkins said if he is a true friend he will understand and u might even get him clean this way. But as for now think about urself and ur recovery b/c u have to be selfish right now to make it through this!
This is not the best response and I will probably get some flack for it.  

Is there anyway possible you could give him your old hook ups?  

When I quit, I was constantly bombarded to hook a friend of mine up with Methadone.  We were friends, I could still get them, but I didn't want to be near the pills.  Finally, I called my dealer and said, "I'm done with the pills, but I have a friend who still wants them.  Can he call you?"

Like I said.  Not the right thing to do, but if someone doesn't want to quit, they won't.  Talking recovery with an addict who still wants to use is like talking atheism to a Minster.

I didn't do the right thing, but I did keep myself away from the pills.  Sometimes there is no right answer.
I have the same problem.  I have been clean since Dec 6th and can get certain things for people.  But most understand not to bother asking me.  The only bad thing if I do it once they will kep bugging me.  So if you stop now it will be better in the long run.
Nogie, thats what just happened....

After being bugged all day, i just gave my friend "the hook up's #"

Man i hope this is the last time....

Otherwise i am doing AWESOME    a littlr RLS but maybe the soap will work.

Thanx everybody..
don't be to hard on yourself...it is what it is.

Perhaps when you are further into your recovery you can revisit the issue with your friend and talk to him about gettting clean. Right now you gotta worry about you.

I live in a glass house so I won't be tossing any stones around...

greebs
10-4
:-)
I think you did good, at least the pills were not around you!!  "If i were you I would tell your friend that if he wants to call and talk about anything else BUT pills that would be fine...But if not, then i would just block his calls, because then u know he is not supporting you, nor do you need him for a friend...
you did good, be so proud of yourself
Don't forget where you came from.  You can't impose cleanliness on others, because you are now  "clean".
Hola chica....how you been?