Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Should I stop Percocet gradually or Cold Turkey?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have been reading all the posts on this forum for the past couple of hours.  I have been taking percocet off and on for about 2 years. Lately it has been more on than off. It just seems to keep escalating.  Last week I broke down to my husband and told him SOME of my problem.  I stopped cold turkey for 2 days and felt like I was having a nervous breakdown.  I do not know how to gradually take myself off of them and in my head I feel like I have to much to do to stop taking them cold turkey. I know it is the addicition talking but I feel like I can't afford to be sick for two or more days.
Wow!! Yousound like me...I wish I had the answer for ya girl...I'm kinda in th same boat but WITH my hubby!!!! I am new here also and so far I have had some great info....lets see what happens.....good luck!!!!

What do you want to do?  If you are so off-and-on, you certainly aren't addicted.  Try c/t first, if it doesn't work for you.............
Thank you for letting me know I am not the only one in this boat. You hear it but it feels like your alone until you see forums like this.
Like I said I am more on than off.  Last week when I tried c/t I was down flat on my back for two days before I started again.  I also take Zoloft for anxiety and when I stopped last week was just a mess.  I am afraid because it just seems to keep getting worse and I feel useless without them. Almost like I cant do anything. Thank you for your comments and advice.
W/D's really suck, if you have insurance there are doctors who treat addicts. They can help and there are meds to help W/Ds.......