Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Should you choose Suboxone?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Should you choose Suboxone?

Suboxone is a great option for getting clean.
Ask yourself the following;
Have I tried to taper and failed?
Have I tried cold turkey, only to relapse?
I have a job that I CANNOT take time off from?
I have other responsiblities that cannot be ignored?
I fear for my life if I continue like this?
I fear for my health if I continue like this?
I may lose everything, family, job etc. if I continue like this?
I need the time off my doc, but feeling normal, to retrain myself and get help?
I will check into other options and understand my choices thouroughly?

If you answered "yes" to even a few of these questions, SUBOXONE may be for you.
Go to SUBOXONE.COM and find a doctor near you. Read all about this option.
Make an educated decision.
mag's, i have some ?S , not for me, but so i may be of help to others when ya'll arent here.... is sub a "blocker" so you cant get high off your meds? is it addicting too? do ya have to taper or c/t off the sub, and are there any w/d s  when ya do?  just some ?s i have seen, and being a coke addict i have no clue... but i like to help others so let me know... happy easter n much love...
Thanks for asking.
You can't get high off of Suboxone, nor can you can high if you use other opiates while on Suboxone. To do so, will make you sick.
Suboxone is addictive, when taken for longer than (approx) 21 days. But can be weaned off of with very little discomfort compared to other opiate withdrawels.
Suboxone should be tappered from.
Suboxone amount does not need to be increased as time goes on. Instead, you decrease your dose slowly.
Suboxone also can help with some pain issues.
One of the keys to Sub is a good Doctor my guy was a bum. But I didn't care i was using Sub originally as a fill in drug, when i didn't have Norcos, no problem day or two of Sub till got my supply back. Finally decided to use Sub to get off of Norcos. Did 8-12mgs a day till ran out of sub about 45 days then went C/T, because my Doctor was an idiot I didn't know about 21 day thing, just thought it was Miracle drug. First day I stopped, no problem felt OK, 2nd day not bad, thought this is cake, not so fast next 10 days were torture RLS was the devil, after that i was a reck for 23 days then re-lapsed. august of last year went back to the Idiot ( doctor ) and said i think this stuff is addictive he says of-course it is. ( the guy should have his license pulled ) anyway I got another supply of 8mg tabs, and did 1/2 of a tab twice a day (8mg) Ran a 4 month re-election campaign on Sub attended every event gave speeches, besides crazy sweats at inappriopiate times I made it, beat a local Icon in a highly competitive race. Sworn in Jan 2nd. Then started to taper ( although sub helped me a ton I wasn't the same person, didn't work out, was short with family, started to always feel tired, no sex drive, of course alot of this was probably from 20 norcos a day for 4 years) Tapered all the way to 2mg every 3rd night was having WDS but they were tolerable, 3 times tried to go third night w/o Sub couldn't do it, the devil always came to visit. Went back on Hydo to get off Sub then tapered Hydro over 3 weeks and   C/t.  Today is day 16 Wow!  Feel great this morning, clear head good energy.  In conclusion Sub used with a proper Doctor can be a lifesaver for some, with a knowledgable doctor it is a great tool in the fight against addiction.  The only downside is that for some of us the WDS are torture! Hope that helps a little...     Day 16 Yee Ha  Shot Rock
Congrat's on day 16 !  So glad you are feeling better.  

Just a word of advise for others on Sub.  It is not recommended to jump off at 2mg. It should be a long slow taper.  2mg pills should be broken in 1/4 and redused very slowley. Get down to the very smallest piece you can.
thanx ya'll  , i have seen the cotraversey over this drug, and i was curious about it. i hate to give out bad info, and with ya'lls help i learned some about it. thanx again, and congrads shot on the 16 day mark, good job bro.....
y dontch come to peoria and run for office, we need someone to replace our idiots!! LOL
My son was addicted to heroin and I took him to a really good addiction specialist who will not even give it out to the addiced person. I had to go and agree to taper the pills. I think it was like a 10 day taper and we went from something like two pills down to literally a mall piece like a third. From what I remember it has some opiate blocker in it so if you used you could not get too high or you would get sick. But let me tell you I tried 1/2 and you can get high off of it. It worked good for minimizing my sons wd but he went back to using the day the pills ran out despite the followup apt and going to NA(to make me think he was clean) I'm sure it's an option for some people. He just wasn't ready yet. Happy Easter Corey
WOW  what a ride---But look at you , 16 days!!!   WOOOO HOOOO!!
it only gets better
r2r
I work at a Methadone Clinic where we also use Suboxone and Subutex depending on the person, their dependency and other things.
Suboxone and Subutex are used by clinics and Detox units to get through opiate W/Ds.
There are now addiction licensed doctors pushing using Suboxone and Subutex for pain control. In some places they already do.
It is all about money with some doctors and like Methadone as long as you have cash to pay they will give you your fix.
Doctors are no different then plummers or ditch diggers there are good ones and bad ones.
Have a plan and discuss it with your doctor. Hopefully you will have close family members offering support and can help you make some tough decisions.
yes...I think it was a cat..not a horse..LOL
These sub posts dont seem therapuedic at all...there are people on this forum who take sub and this is not healthy for them to read some bad accounts of WDs...I dont know if posting nightmares of people in WD  from a certain drug is conducive/no one is a happy camper in WDs of any type,,,but people do make it clean and choose their own way after weighing the options and what fits their lifestyle
Let's try to stay positive guys...there are some people on here who are scared to death!
Did someone on suboxone run over your dog ? Let it go,,happy easter
Anybody who is going to go on suboxne should know what they are in for before they make that choice and go another few months or even years amd spend thusands of dollars on pills that they think are some amazing cure just to end up having worst withdrawals then they would of in the first place.
Just curious catchiec, have you used suboxone before?
ok..In a perfect world..and we all were warned ahead of time with the real TRUTH before we got addicted to drugs(any),alcohol,smoking.etc...maybe..none of us would have to be going through the pain and suffering of being controlled by these things physically and mentally. most of the Dr's i have encountered have no clue about the withdrawals of alot of these meds..worst,in my opinion..is methadone.i have personal experience with that drug and i do know what i am talking about.did you taper off methadone? i thought i read that you had been on it...are you saying that suboxone is worse withdrawal?if most of us knew what we were really in for..becoming addicted ,would we have willingly put  ourselves in this situation..just curious to what you think...
i am not being disrespectful to you,,i want you to know that..but have you taken sub? I am not asking to give you grief..just wondering..Now I had a the most horrible withdrawal from methadone but i quit cold turkey of 65mg/dy..and took it about 1 yr..I am sure you have read...I am scarred forever by it..
I think that is great that it worked for you and congrats on getting clean!
I've noticed over the past few days when anyone mentions suboxone you have replied with horror stories. If you have never used it, there is no need to try to scare people away from. I've read the other posts so I kind of know what has been going on. I've never used it myself nor have I used methadone. There are many new people that come on here looking for answers whether it be for taper plans, cold turkey, questions about methadone, or questions about suboxone. I think people want advice from others that have been on it. I don't think anyone should be pasting stories they have pulled up from others experience just to try to scare them away from it. And since you didn't know the people that were taking the sub there could have been other issues that could have been a part of a different post. Maybe it was the doctor not administering it right. Maybe they bought it off the street and didn't take it properly. Who knows. Only that individual knows and should be the one backing up his or her post. Now if it was a personal experience, post away. You have dug up all the negative stories when you could have found just as many positive stories. I'm not taking sides on this issue, I'm just relaying on what i have read from kind of being an "outsider" on it. This forum is a great place for people to get advice on different treatment options and for encouragement. If someone has had a bad experience on suboxone, let them post it. By no means do I look down on you. It just seems like you are trying to get back on others for their posts about methadone. I personally don't think either one should be taken except for a last resort. It should be taken by someone that has tried to taper or went cold turkey and can't beat the habit. When it comes to opiates they shouldn't be looking for a easy way out as it can sometimes lead to bigger problems.
I am very happy for you and proud you were able to beat your addiction using methadone. Just because it worked for you does not mean it will work for everyone. Some people may not have the willpower to only stay on it for 5 days. For some it takes longer and may lead problems. I think it is just fine that you posted that it worked for you. But I still feel people should be warned on how they can both be just as addictive and could lead to problems. I just think we should stick to comments from personal experience. Once again, congrats on being clean! Please don't take this post the wrong way.
brian
No I have never taken it. My experience is from what I have read and researched. The couple with the horrible withdrawasl that only took it for five months and kids I know snorting it for recreational use
I agree brian..i think sub should be a last resort also..but some people really need it.methadone on the other hand....if your selling your body for drugs..sticking nasty needles in your arm,selling your kids or have terminal cancer..I think it should be illegal to give it to people to get off pills..I did not take suboxone..but if i was in that "right" situation and had to choose one..it sure wouldn't be methadone...and hey how was that apple pie? LOL
xo lisa
Speaking of suboxine, can someone read my post which i just posted and tell me what you think? Thanks so much.
The apple pie was great! I saved you a slice!
I know you are having a hard time with this but...You can't stop someone that wants to ABUSE drugs...They have to want it!!! So far..you are the only one that has been fortunate to have a good experiance that has posted that..to my knowledge..if i'm wrong my friends..sorry. Catc..you can die from almost all drugs . And death is not in our hands..I also tend to not believe everything the government publishes and just because it's written in a paper or on tv doesn't mean it's so...I am not promoting sub either..ok Please stop being so defensive and you may get kinder  responses..it seems to radiate from you..i don't know why..try nicer...
I have been taking small amounts of suboxone to try and get through the dt's but for me, its only going to be for a short period of time. About two weeks to be exact. Hopefully by then, it will be tolerable enough for me to go cold turkey after that. I've got 3 - 8mg left. It's just staying clean that's the hard part!!!
But the 87 deaths were from recreational use correct? Suboxone should be administered through a doctors care. I'm sure that number would be a lot different. I'm not backing
suboxone but almost everything out there can be abused in one way or another and can lead to death. The only way to find out which one is best is to go over that with their doctor. Instead of worrying about who is right and who is wrong should mean nothing on here. What worked for some may not work for others. This forum is to help one another not flood the board trying to get even. Personal issues should be dealt with instant messages. I think people should be able to say what worked for them to get clean and then it's up to them to do the research needed to make the best decision for them. If everyone posted their own research on here about tapering, cold turkey, suboxone, and methadone, it would be pointless to have this forum as all other posts wouldn't even get noticed. That's why I feel we should just post from personal experience. I am not taking sides on either issue because I have never taken either one. It's just all of this is hurting this forum. It's not helping in any way whatsoever.
I am truly happy for you that you were able to get clean and am proud of you for that!
I am starting to wonder if this is the place for me. Why is everyone so angry? I'm new to this forum and only a hand full (actually 2) of people seem to wanna help. Thanks to the 2 who care (you know who you are).
there have been no related deaths to "SUBOXONE"...not 1 yet.

there have been deaths from subutex and buprenex from mixing with sedatives and benzos...
this is where the truth gets distorted.
Don't get the wrong picture of this place. There has just been some minor issues going on here lately. There are usually a lot of people on here during the day. I would come back tomorrow and post again. You'll be amazed with all of the positive support you will get. Just hang in there my friend!!
bmc1976 is 100% accurate...dont let this deter you from a wonderful and helpful place, you WILL get nothing but support and the advice/help you need, then anger isnt here 99.99% of the time, hang in there hun..i have just replied to your other post...
everyone does post their resarch, what their on and how its working. This has nothing to do with methadone. I am just letting people know how horrible sub withdrawals are by showing them proof of account of people withdrawing in their own words. I eany peopl to  knwo what they are getting into before they choose sub and thats all. If people can post DONT USE METHADONE and its ookay. I can pst KNOW WHAT SUB WITHDRAWALS ARE LIKE BEFORE US them and its okay. not like im just making stuff up. im backing it up with magazine, statistics, facts and reposts from suboxne websites of peoples horrible withdrawals and their are thusands of posts. not my words. the words of people on sub
That research is from personal experience. I haven't seen anyone go back and copy and paste old posts from others they have never even communicated with. The people that have posted about not using methadone is from their personal experience and they are sharing their own story. I haven't seen anyone posting articles from other people from a few years back. I think anyone that posts information on suboxone or methadone should only do that if they were under a doctors care and have first hand experience taking them as part of a approved program. Just my opinion.
this is nothing but a personal vendetta, and you know it..and everyone else sees it...
suboxone was the farthest thing from your mind when you came here...
everytime you bash me with my suboxone treatment, there are numerous other people you are bashing also...
there are HUGE differences between suboxone and methadone, anyone with a mind can see it,
i certainly dont have to post a thing about methadone, people just know.  but hey if you want to blame me for methadones bad reputation...whatever...who cares, you need to give the members of this forum more credit than that...they are far from stupid...they know quite a lot, including YOUR motives.

DEAD HORSE...
I went back and read some old posts about methadone. From what I have read it can be just as addicting or more addicting than any other opiate and you can achieve a high from it. After reading the old posts if it is addicting I think it would be very difficult for a addict to only take it for a week or so. It's kind of like me with vicodin. Always telling myself that I was only going to get one more refill then I was done. We all know how that goes! I can just see how some could get hooked on the methadone for longer than a week and then it's too late. I also have read where methadone is so much more difficult than other weaker opiates to get off of. From what I read of suboxen is it can not produce a high if taken as it's suppose too. So from what i have read if you can be 110% positive that you can only take the methadone for 5 days and no more, maybe it's worth a try. But being addicted to opiates I don't think I can say it's worth the chance. I wish now I never would have got involved in any of this! But I've never taken either one so I'm going to get out of this conversation now!
WHY are you here...What is it that you need help with..Wait2long is a wonderful person..you are being very difficult...please stop..
let the people HERE who HAVE first hand knowledge!! YOU DON"T.so why are you answering those questions that you do not have personal knowledge about!!! Thats why I don't..I can only answer people about what I KNOW first hand...Does anything I just said make sense to you!!! Good lord!!!! You have no business answering...especially when you don't even know,,Please stop it already...Is this a feel good thing for you or what..
like bmc said...you pasting and copying others problems with sub doesnt do anyone any justice, we dont know the whole story here, they most likely jumped off at a high dose, used it wrong-weekend warrior syndrome...etc...numerous reasons why they failed at sub...but they are not here to ask these questions to now are they?
post your own experiences with sub...or dont bother.
there are plenty of posts that say people got off sub just as easy as you did methadone, but they arent here to ask...
you are not here to help anyone, you are here for your own selfish reasons and a personal vendetta with ME...it is so obvious...
and i dont see nor have i ever seen ANYONE asking YOU about anything as of yet...why?  because they know you dont have the experience or knowledge to back it up...plain AND SIMPLE...STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELF...
this post is not asking about suboxone withdrawals at all cat...did you read the post?  yes you did!! which is why you are here stirring the pot...you know exactly why you are here and so does anyone who has had to put up with your BS...
..we have all grown so tired of you...UGH!  
you would think you would want to find a methadone forum...you would have NO problems there...this is not a forum that advocates methadone use...never has and never will...
I am the one who started this post, and I did not mention methadone in any way, good or bad. So don't even attempt to say I was methadone bashing.
There are also stories of people who came off Sub with little to no problems.  If done right, there should be little to no problem.
Yes, there are quack doctors out there, telling people to just jump off the Sub. That does not work.
Catchiec,  I will leave your posts alone, please do the same for mine.  I'm really growing tired of this game and you don't seem to be here for any other reason but to play this game. I never see you posting to really help people or to get help for yourself. So its getting so obvious to all, that you are just here to start trouble. Ya know the horse we keep talking about?
OMG Catcheic, .............You don't get it......You are posting people's stories that took sub improperly.   Jumping off at high doses.  This is insane, and you yourself have never even taken it.  Please stop this krap.  It's just not right.  Suboxone needs to be used properly.  Why would we even post about someone abusing it.......any drug can be abused.
Like Wait2long said.......Methadone was a bad choice long before you came here.
You were very lucky that your detox with it went well. It could have killed you !  Don't make us wish it did.  We are good people here, but you are really pushing it.  Please stop !
I think you need to get counseling..There is another forum for that,,This has been posted and posted and posted and posted..You really are just trying to cause strife and at this point i am contacting med help..You are I think...having alot of fun..go to the general chat for that if you want to drive us crazy..go somewhere else..I'm sure there is a forum for that. Actually...alot of people are going to be going to med help. When more people become upset ...you are not hear to help.thats a shame. I pray you haven't scared someone away that really needed help..Shame on you.
CATCHIEC.........
I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SAY??
YOU HAVE NO POINT!!
YOU ARE VERY RUDE AND INCONSIDERATE!!
!
I was on OXYCODONE/PERCOCET  for 2 years, heavy last 6 months (30 mg little blue pills, 2 per day at least) . Ill keep this short-Due to very important reasons, I went into an inpatient Detox for 5 days. It was a Suboxone based clinic; Here is my story....
Day 1: I was near suicidal with WD Sick Symptoms when I walked in...I was given 4mg suboxone even prior to    finishing paperwork, 1400 hrs.-within 2 hours WD symptoms completely GONE. it was like a miracle. 2200 hours 4mg suboxone, slept 8 hours like a baby on the most uncomfortable bed known to man.
Day 2: 4mg 0700 hrs-4mg 1900 hrs-8 hrs sleep, feeling like bruce jenner.
Day 3: 2mg 0800 hrs-4mg 2000 hrs-slept 6-8 hours decent sleep.
Day 4: 2mg 0700 hrs-felt good all day, slept 6-7 hours with no PM dose.
Day 5: checked out of clinic-slept 8 hours in own bed, great sleep.
Day 6: RLS-restless leg syndrom (syndrome) starts in HIGH VOLTAGE gear-nothing, nothing, nothing will help-tried trazadone, tried requip 1mg- as one poster put it you just feel drowsey but cannot sleep due to RLS you keep tossing and turning based on the overwhelming leg restlessness-this is the worst feeling in the history of MAN, trust me.
Day 7: RLS-NO sleep for 2nd day.
Day 8: I am at work now and I still can keep my RLS in check, trying to put my leggs on the desk and cant even do that.

I dont know how long this will last. I will post after 3 days/ Hope this helps someone down the road.
So sorry you're still going thru withdrawels. To bad they didn't keep you on the Sub. long enough to get fully past the withdrawels from the oxys/Percs. Its not withdrawels from the Sub., because 4 days isn't enough time to get addicted to it and not enough time on it to get past the other withdrawels.  They should have sent you home with enough Sub. for at least 10 days with instructions how to taper off it. Sounds like a chincey detox clinic, hope you didn't have to pay alot for it. Look in the health pages on this site for the Thomas receipe, maybe it will help alittle. Also Hylands Restful Legs OR Hylands Leg Cramps with Quinine may help the RLS, you can buy it at CVS. Lots of hot baths.  So sorry your suffering, but there is never a miracle cure. Keep posting and good luck.
**Update**

Yeah at the clinic I was told 5 days of Sub is the most I could get and they did not even ask if I wanted a script. Followed up with my home doctor who dont know anything about this!

Well:

day 9: RLS continues-sleep no more than 1/2 hour per clip all night. Just awful, because I will drag all day and be useless!

day 10: this is right now-10:30 pm and I lay in bed in less than 5 minutes I am down on the couch kicking and kicking. It seems worse now than last night or the last 3 days for that matter. This is torture. I an one who loves to sleep.

I know if I took even 30 mg of percocet i could sleep 10 hours! WTF! I can not do that and have to start from square one!

I will post tomorrow to update on the rest of the night. Freedom has to be coming ;-(
I am sick of this.
Try a HOT BATH...that always seems to help my rls...right before bed....
I hope your symptoms decrese soon!!  Try some TylenolpM 1/2 hr.before HOT BATH!!
I am so sorry you are having to go through this...they should have kept you on the sub long enough to at least over ride the withdrawals from the oxies, etc..., not a very thorough detox...so sorry. although the RLS can last for quite a while, i'm not sure even 21 days on suboxone would have taken care of that...that is such a common symptom of withdrawals and the sleep issue also, can last for weeks or even a couple of months.
can you get  a prescription for clonidine?  it is a nonaddictive blood pressure medicine that they often prescribe to treat withdrawal symptoms, and it works wonders it really does, .1 mgs taken 3 times a day...and it is a cheap medicine also.  well worth it...
hot baths , heating pads or a hot water bottle.  
good luck to you!!
**UPDATE**

Last night was pure hell. 8 hours of RLS, every 3-6 seconds I had to kick and turn. It is like being in HELL. At 3:30 a.m. finally fell asleep-broken sleep until 8:30, no more than 20 min. or so each increment.

Called my doctor today to explain, he prescribed me ametripiline, 20 mg at bedtime. Pray it works! Please.

bty, for my friends with helpful hints-I looked up the Thomas Method and laughed at #1, Valium. How the heck am I supposed to get valium at 1 or 2 in the morning??!!

Advil PM, hot bath, and such-didn't even sniff my RLS!

Anyway, thanks, Ill post tomorrow with results.
Your friend-Randall Flagg
Sub is NOT a magic pill. It can aid in the reduction of acute withdrawal but you will still have withdrawals from Sub and if taken longer than 20 days or so the withdrawals can and often are much longer and drawn out than that of your original short acting opiate.
You will not get sick if you take opiates while on Suboxone but it will not get you high.
Please either plan on a very short taper, getting down to at least .5mg of Sub before you get off, or try tapering off your DOC before you go the Sub route.  
People who stay on Sb for long periods of time are usually worse off than those who try and come off their original drug.
This is not just my opinion.  This ia a fact and most doctors don't tell you about it because they either do't know or they don't care.
As with anything dealing with this stuff, and Sub is a very powerful opiod, you MUST have some sort of aftercare or you will relapse without question.
the addiction is a threefold disease, physical, mental and spiritual.  If you don't treat all 3, you will inevitably fail.
God bless and good luck.    
Also ask yourself this:

If I go cold turkey will it be dangerous?

Because for me, I would have seizures.  Plus I just couldn't stay off of the **** before.  I know it's better not to even start an addiictive drug, but the fact is I (and many others here) was already addicted.  Suboxone was there to be a buffer.
he was only on sub for 5 days, just in case you missed this part...so i am almost certain his withdrawals and other symptoms are because of withdrawals from oxies/percs...not the sub. i dont think he was kept on the sub long enough to over ride his withdrawal symptoms from his original DOC...i am certain from MY own experience in the past it takes longer than 5 days to withdraw from the high doses of oxies/percs he was on...

Ronlove1- have you called your doctor or even this place you went to for inpatient rehab to see if they will give you some clonidine (Not klonopin, although it wouldnt hurt to have 3 or 4 of those around either) , but i am sure you would be AMAZED at how well the clonidine would work for you...i used it during my induction from methadone to suboxone and am sure i would not have made it through without the clonidine. you have to somehow at least get yourself some rest...everything is always worse when your completely exhausted...i highly recommend this...
Thanks for the help. I did not call the clinic. It was clear the protocall did not include more sub unless you agreed to stay longer and the insurance paid for it.

Can clonidine be obtained elsewhere? My doctor has gone completely conservative.

Last night was tough, very little sleep and much tossing & turning.

My big problem is now work! I work extra hours and the 12-8 a.m. shift. I must ask you if I cant sleep I will be forced to take 10-15 mg's of oxycodone for NO OTHER REASON other than to get solid sleep. I have to put food on the table with 2 kids and a wife.

I try to sleep tomorrow morning again and I will try the amitriptiline and asprin (to thin the blood). If I cant sleep I will have no other option.

**NOTE**

As a person with Suboxone experience, I do fear the Sub is more powerful than folks think. Remember I went into the clinic near death and 2-3 hours after only 4mg's of Sub I felt normal, thats pretty fast.

I hope to update soon, thx,

RF
All of you scare the s**** out of me I found out about suboxone on this site and now the same people that thalk about it is the same people talking s**** about it, I don't understand really I really don't get it I'm on it now for 26 days feel really good I change doctors just last friday I was taking 2 2mg tabs a day and he up my dose to 4 2mg tabs a day bc he said I was not taking enough and that it was to soon to cut down so I took 8m for 6days and yesterday after reading this post got so scared I started taking 4mg again, this am having panic attacks no energy took sub and I'm ok now but really scares me to read I think I'm stayng away for a while.
In regards to Sadinmichigan's post: She is responding to Catchiec's posts (and there have been many, many others). This person has been coming on and harrassing some people and being nasty to the point that MedHelp has deleted some of her (catchiecs) posts. She has sent vulgar PM's to at least one person I know of. This person never comes on trying to help others or ask for help herself. Her sole purpose is to start trouble on the forum.
As far as Methadone goes...If anyone has gotten clean by useing it, well, thats great.  But there have been some very serious issues with Methadone (like death) and any  warnings given by anyone here on the forum are totally out of caring and concern for those people concidering that option. Like with any recovery program that requires useing another drug, people need to educate themselves on the facts, both good and bad.  And how to use it properly and how to get off it properly. I'm not even gonna go into the government involvement with some of these recovery programs......we've already beaten that one to death, so maybe another day.
There is a long history of Catchiec's posts. She was just on here causing trouble. It was more of a personal vendetta. There were many other threads to where this was going on. I can see how you would look at it like you did but if you knew the history of that person you would understand, trust me. Sadinmichigan is so helpful in peoples recovery and is a wonderful person. You just happened to read a post from her that has a lot more to the story.
brian
I dred the day you come off the Sub my friend. Better not have any dangerous items in your house for a few weeks.

bty, I find it hard to believe doctors who are educated give scrips of sub for such a long time. My own research concluded that the longer you take sub the worse the withdrawels.

I am just trying to teach my body to be 100% clean.

ty,

RF
Best of luck to you Ron. You have the right attitude about teaching your body to be 100% clean! I wish you the best of luck in your recovery! I don't know anything about suboxone but if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. The thing about addiction is we can all relate to cravings, withdrawals, and many other things no matter what we were taking.
brian
You're on it for 26 days already and your dr wants to up your dose?  Chances are that you will have substantial withdrawals from the Sub especialy if you continue to use it above 2 mg BUT if you need to stay on it for maintenance, ther eis no shame in that.
The easiest way to get off sub is to do it for less than 21 days and to get down as low as possible, preferrably .25 mg... barely a crumb.  Believe me, I know.
I just want to put some things into perspective since I feel methadone is getting a bit of a bad rap. I've been taking it successfully and haven't had any of the nightmarish things that have been said of it. You also have to remember that I come from Canada and there's a different ideology about methadone here. We go to a regular pharmacy to get our methadone and our doses aren't strictly limited as I've heard some programs in the States are. We also don't have forced detox from methadone as in, if you sign up for a detox program using methadone and you have to be off it in a certain time frame.

Methadone is treated as a regular medication from a pharmacy. You don't need to go to some special clinic to get your methadone nor does my country view it as trading one addiction for another. From my observations, and my discussions with my doctor, the US has a different view of methadone maintenance. It's looked down upon moreso than in Canada.

I suppose it matters how you view certain ways to help an addiction. I've heard many people say methadone is bad. I just want to also say that methadone, if used properly and with a very knowledgable doctor, is a fine way to come off opiates and is also used for pain management.

I don't think any medication for easing withdrawal should carry a bias with it on this forum. Every medication deserves fair play through a person's experience, as has been suggested. One person may not benefit from it but others have.

Just trying to balance out things....typical libra eh. :-)

methadone on the other hand....if your selling your body for drugs..sticking nasty needles in your arm,selling your kids or have terminal cancer..

That's highly judgmental don't you think? Methadone is used for chronic pain. Did you know that? Oh and I stuck 'nasty' needles in my arm too. This just furthers my point on how methadone carries such a stigma. A person who takes methadone must be 'really' nasty.

Thanks Brian thats nice to see we think alike.

There seems to be a misconception here that I have noticed. The problem is not that Methadone or Suboxone either dont or do work, the issue is once your maintenance is complete and you STOP taking either one how does your body react. Some peaple have good luck, some suffer incredibly, like me.

I am sure that while you are taking either one you will feel great. Read my 1st post-When I was taking Suboxone I felt like the man of steel. 2 days later, 100% narcotic free I began my 4 straight days with NO sleep due to RLS and such.

I can beat this addiction-I know that with my heart. I just can not live and function with NO sleep.

This RLS is so unbelieveable it is coming directly from Satin. I tried to take a nap from 9-11:30 p.m. tonight (I work mid-8) and with in 5 minutes RLS kicked in, my right leg felt like it was swelling up and had the creepy crawlies going up and down! Had to flop around like a fish and after an hour I had to turn the TV on and watch repeats of forensic files, now I am at work. This is torture, will I ever be able to sleep normal again without narcotics!!!
I don't mean to start an argument or anything ...but....
You were on SUB. FOR ONLY 5 DAYS ! What you are experiancing is NOT WITHDRAWELS FROM SUBOXONE. This is a fact.
You are experianceing withdrawels from  oxy/percs use.
Can you do me a favor and read my posts and tell me when I ever said my w/d's were from Sub?

I know exactly what my w/d's are from. I am suffering guy, bottom line. These threads are for me to tell folks of my experience and hopefully get some helpful hints to assist me in my ultimate goal: 100% clean 24/7.

If you are under the age of 18 please turn into a ghost. No hard feelings.

RF

I dont want to jump too far ahead of myself but I may have graduated from no-sleep to broken sleep. I still toss & turn and wake up constantly, but a few days ago I was not sleeping at all.....small steps in the right direction

I still have little to no energy all day long and my body is telling me it wants to sleep but when given the chance to sleep, I toss & turn allot with some RLS discomfort.

I have decided through my own research and experience that my sleep problems are from my brains inability to generate dopemine. I understand this can only be done through the healing process of the human body. Over the last year and a half I drained quite a bit, now I am paying the price.

It is scarey to think what it would be like if I can never sleep the way I used to before the oxy's. Anyone who has done it knows the enhanced deep sleep you get while medicated!

Went to a new doctor-one who specilaizes in this type of problem. BAck on SUB 4mgx2 for 7 days. will update after the week...
sub is only a half opiate unlike lortab or stuff of that nature which are full opiates so it is easier to step down on. When you step down like that, it makes the w/d's drastically more tolerable. For me, I only had some leg pains and a little trouble sleeping but aleve and potassium sup's helped the legs and melatonin helped my sleep. I only had to take sub's for 2 - 3 wks stepping down every 2 or 3 days when i couldn't even think about doing it with the lortabs (15 - 20 a day) that I was taking.
Long and controversial post...I basically ct hydros but do know about both of these drugs...we give methadone in the hospital for chronic pain and also to addicts...my son worked at a clinic/meth...suubutex (Buprenorphine) is used to treat pain in other countries but not sure if it has been approved yet in the US for pain relief purposes only..never seen it given for pain...I do know it is approved for addiction and suboxone is approved for addiction as well and contains the opiate blocker in addition to the Buprenorphine...I hope that I dont have to back and WD ever again to experience these dangers associated with either of these drugs as I know they are both habit forming as well...but i see how some need the extended help they can provide like flmagi stated...so far...if forced or if i screwed up and had to take one...i would choose suboxone as it would keep me from abusing other opiates at the time i was taking it...subutex and methadone do not have that built in blocker...and everyone is different...i have just read and researched and made my conclusion for what would work for me....IF I HAD TO CHOOSE!   and God help me...I am doing ok now....I never want to have to....good viewpoints and very educating...but could confuse someone new with no knowledge of all this stuff...health pages contain alot of good info on detox to read and digest,,,and make the choice that is right for you
Just so you know had I gone to the clinic and was given methadone than I would have taken methadone. I would have taken anything that helped cut the death-like W/D symptoms.

Why do you keep coming on her acting like this is a competition or something? This thread is for people to give their positive/negative feedback after using different methods. Remember different med's will have different effects on different folks.

If my W/D symptoms are bad after a couple weeks of SUB than I may cry myself to death. No sleep due to RLS is like torture from the grim reaper.

This week I start tapering off SUB again-I hope I can do this this time.
I have the same problem with my legs at times too. I take some aleve, potassium suppliments, and melatonin . It knocks me out and I sleep like a baby.
Next time I get hit with RLS I will try your recipe for sure, thanks!
Today I bought all three ingredients of your recipe. The real test will take place 2 days after I run completely out of suboxone. I'll let you know if it works for me!
UHUMMMM...
I am not acting like this is a compitition. I am sharing my experience with sub that is all. You share your experience and i'll share mine. I have seen sub be very helpful towards people and I have seen people go through the worst withdrawals anyone can imagine..
You share your experiences and i'll share mine. thats it and leave it alone. nAlso I do not wish to talk about methadone these threads are about suboxne and I am sharing my experience s with suboxne. I may have mentioned the word methadone once to answer a comment. But I am only intrested in sharing my suboxne experiences both the good ones and the bad ones
I am not posting stories. My roomates both of them were on sub for almost 5 months, tapered slowly and followed doctors instructions to the t and had horrible withdrawals and depression for weeks however sub has also helped a lot of people. If you jump off any addictive drug without tapering your withdrawals will be worse however people shoould not go on sub thinking they will defintly have no withdrawals. What if someone goes on sub thinking that and loses their job and cant get any more and has to jump off? They should know what they may be in stop for. Share your experencies and ill share mine and its as simple as that. talk about what you know personally. no need to comment on other peoples experiences when you were not there! And the people I am talking about took sub properly. and I am not telling people not to use sub I say uit can be very helpful. I share both the pros and cons. If you disagree with something you disagree and thats that. not everyone agrees all the time. Write your own posts and dont worry about mine.
People can get high off suboxone at a low dose.
I have done in the past.
these 2 threads are almost a year old, why dig them up?
Because I did not realise and its still a good thread.
If a topic is of interest to me then why shouldn't I?
just wanted to let anyone out there who is thinking of trying subs that I can't recommend it more. I refused to go to the doc to get subs for the three or four months because I didn't know if I could actually be able to get it right away in my area, if i went in the hefty 120 dollar fee just to see the doc not to mention the price of subs without insurance if you do get a prescription (which you very likely will in retrospect), and I refused this in the three or four months that I REALLY wanted off oc (had been abusing it a year and a half altogether). Don't be stupid like me I could have avoided those hellish last months much sooner.

I was on subs for about 6 months 16mg and went down to .5 mg. Last dose was about 40 hrs ago and although I don't feel great, my nightmarish experience with oc withdrawal (coming down from 130mg+ a day cold turkey) this has been a breeze, people who complain about it are usually people who didn't follow their doc's tapering plan or have only been through mild hydro wd and shouldn't have gone on subs in the first place. Any withdrawal ***** but some price must be paid even with an "easy" way, and I will gladly pay it.

Subs allowed me to get legal, gave me a six month free pass on withdrawals to get my **** in line. I have very little craving for my old drug of choice, and I was able to create a support system with my immediate family who I was deathly afraid to talk to before. I went from stealing lying and pawning back to who I was; or a tainted version of whatever that was. Without suboxone I've no doubt I'd have no other thought than my next fix, I'd be failing out of college or dropping out, any valuables would be pawned that i owned, and I'd probably have numerous legal problems; had a few very close calls as it was. I put that behind me, I was always a pretty good kid, that **** never belonged with me. I'm just glad I was fortunate enough to find out about subs when I did so I could stop having my life raped by something as meaningless as a drug---

Anyone who read this thanks for tolerating a rant, you never feel closer to people than you do when they've been through your pain...

Hang in there everyone
Ive been on suboxone for a yr! Used 8 mg stripes can anyone rec a dosage for coming down w the least side affects? I can only get the stripes thru my ins cant goto pill form..ty for any comments last night i tried half and owee brings me back to the old days of sweating and legpains no energy and an upset tummy..
thanks for your view point on this issue of suboxone curse or miracle? Ive been addicted to opiates for more yrs then I care to remember(15or more) Then I got started on suboxone which for me has helped alot Im not walking around like a zombie contrary my head is much more clear now and I dont have desire to use opiates. although my dr said I could be on this indefintly, this is so much better than opiates which were starting to f--- up my head. Ive been on it for about 18 mo this time and maybe close to 3 yrs total. As of yet i havent tryed to withdrawl (withdrawal) from it so i dont know what that may be like but so far its helped tremendouslyd