Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Sister bad off

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Sister bad off

Hello all hope everyone is having a good night. My sis is 21 and has been using drugs since the age of 13 and was in and out jun jails etc then when she turned 18 she was free to be her own person. She still lives with our parents and drives them crazy with her drug use. She uses crack, coke, pain pills, even snorts tylone when she has nothing does suboxone and all this comes from streets and she has stolen eberything that is not locked down they even sleep w/doors locked and all meds in huge safe with 3 locks doors get to safe. They have put her in 3 30 day rehabs she walked signed out after week on all. They have tried everything. He@@ she even steals from walmart target etc...pawns stuff target got her on 7 counts shoplifting and she spent 30 days got 3 yrs probation maintain job drug clasess each week and drug test. She uses clean outs to pass the drug test she wont work and is driving my parents to edge of breakdown especially my dad he has a lot health troubles and I am really worried about him and don't know what to do about sister. She treats them so bad unless they give money etc.... Never ends ever they lock thereself in bedroom just to get away from her that is no way for anyone to live.
I went through the same thing with my son. First you and your parent need to realize you are a victim of her addiction. The only thing that worked with my son was tough love. your parents need to tell her no more and if she can't do it then she needs to move out. I am sure this isnt helping your father's health. It is tough, but until she hits rock bottom and wants help nothing you or your parent do will help. It is hard to turn your back on a family member but sometimes that is all that is left. You and your parents can't be miserable because of her.  sorry not very encouraging but hope it helps. stay on line and keep posting and reading post. good luck
Thanks for what you said and I know that your right. I have done and still do tough love when she ask for money I say no b/c no job to pay back she say I'll get from mom and dad well thats same thing. When she ask for ride I say nope b/c the places she goes is all bad and drugs and bad ppl. I have never been in trouble w/law other than sppeding tickets and I hope that I never am I am scared to death of jail but it's like she feels that she is untouchable when comes to police officers
just wanted repost see anyone had anything add
HI HOLLIEE, AS THE MOM OF AN ADDICT, I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT THEY ARE ENABLING HER.  they need to put her out...how will she ever reach her bottom as long
they are her safety net?  i stated on anearlier post no matter how many rehabs or how long the rehab, until they reach their bottom they wont quit.  i know this cuz not only am i the mother of an addict, but i am an addict.  with my daughter, it came to the point of i am taking your son and you get out.  it did not take long and she admitted herself to a detox and began to fight for her sobriety.  we mean well, and think because we let them, live with us we are helping them..in reality we do more harm.  the next time she steals from them they should file charges against her...they should put her out now....i feel for your parents and you..but she has to want recovery herself and she has to work her own recovery....
ThATS just it she herself thinks that nothing is wrong with her and thats it all in our head...
thats because someone always catches her and she dont get to the bottom...trust me if the had her arrested for her stealing and let her hit bottom she would see she HAS a problem.