Sleeping?
Good evening everyone,Just a question regarding ,what else, Sleep. I'm 50 days clean tomorrow I can't believe I have made it this far,I don't know if I would have if not for everyone one this forum, Sleep still comes and goes some night I sleep 7 to 8 hours which is wonderful,But alot of nights I don't sleep at all I toss and turn all night.At 50 days should this have passed? Should I see a doctor?Or is this still normal?  Since tomorrow will be 50 days I shall celebrate,What shall I do?LOL Lets all get to gather and have a party at my house,I will supply the food.   Plymouthgirl
2 words - Tylenol PM
Congratulations on 50 days. I'm just a couple days ahead and I can't believe your getting 7 hours of sleep. Lastnight I got 5 1/2 and it was uninterupted for the first time. I usually get about 5 and wake up a few times in between. On the weekends I sometimes fall back to sleep for an hour and it makes so much difference for the way I feel all day. I can't wait until I get 7 hours. I actually start feeling like it's never coming back. When I had 4 months before I remember starting to get 7. I didn't know about PAWS and the amount of time these problems last and I actually thought back then that it was from menopause and just a permanent thing. Now at least I have something to look forward to. Happy dreams again. Congrats on your good clean time. Corey
I have the opposite problem and feel I sleep too much since i quit the pills....even during withdrawals i would take naps and sleep 8-10 hours at night...i guess everyone is different but i sometimes wish i did not need so much sleep!
Congrats my girl!!! You are doing great and sleep will come!!!!!!!!

I'm on my way!! LOL.....I will bring the soda!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations on day 50!!! I knocked down a few Books in these last weeks a positive approach to no sleep.. It will return you are already sleeping longer then day 30 I bet I wish you well..
I am four months now, and I have the same issue.  From what I hear from people ahead of me, it is normal..which is a relief, because just like Corey said, I was worried that this was going to be permanent...

Worried87:  I'm insanely envious!
worried i am also very jealous...hey maybe it ws something you were taking in the supplements that we didnt' take??  any clue?  because honestly you are the first one i have ever heard this from...BUT so glad for you especially during detox..
AT being almost 8 months i can honestly say sleep is great, but has been for a while now, i should of wrote in the journal but we didn't have it back then......
It is so normal and everyone is different after reading so much...But when it does come back it is like BAM!!!!
at least for me, and i was very happy
r2r
I guess I now have your sleeping habits to be envious of as well....I have only tried Melatonin and Valerian Root...I am going to try a couple of the aminos....They're so freakin' expensive though...
Cingrats on your clean time that is a major accomplishment to have that much time behind you clean.
Sleep? Eight hours?? Wow I don't know what that would actually feel like to sleep eight consecutive hours. I think I would probably wake up with an enormous headache. I am sleeping every other day or so I am avaeraging maybe four or five if I am lucky in broken sleep every other night. My wife seems like she is getting frustrated or maybe concerned I don't know why it would frustrate her as I can concentrate alot more than I was able to do so I find something to occupy my nights and stay out of my bedroom as I don't want to keep her awake. I think maybe she is freaked out by the fact I don't sleep pretty much everyother night and after being awake all night a few times three days ion a row I would be showering getting dressed before she is up and she is asking where are you goingwhich I am not going anywhere just want to be dressed and shaven for the day and trying to wear myself out so I can possibly sleep that night but like I said I don't know why it would but it seems to get on her nerves because I am awake. Anyway All the best to you in your new sober drug free future you are making for yourself. Michael
j34
I feel envious too. I am lucky if I sleep 3-4 hrs straight although tried Melatonin for the first time last night and i slept 5 hrs straight very nice. Congrats on 50 days clean.
Regarding all recently detoxed and drug-free people and SLEEP:

I hate to mention this - I hope I don't get tomatoes thrown at me.....

E-X-E-R-C-I-S-E.....daily.

There! I said it.

:)
i just wanted to comment and say congrats on 50 days. that is a wonderful accomplishment. i hope all goes well for you and hope youre sleep comes back. it all just depends on the person my sleep is back after just 2 weeks, night 10 i got 13 hours of sleep so it just greatly varies. good luck though and way to friggin go!!!!!!!!:)
50 days great job ! The sleep issue is always a problem either not enough or 2 much. I take 150mg trazadone of a night and get approx5 hrs and then I am up wondering around the house. Bad part house is a wreck. LOL. Good Luck and God bless
im using suboxone to get of vicodin and its been 1 month in 2 days ..i sleep 8 hours every night