Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Snorting Percocets...addiction?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Snorting Percocets...addiction?

How long does it take to become addicted to percocets? This post may sound lame but I would really like to know.  I smoke weed regularily and when I found out I had mono I had to stop doing that and drinking alcohol.  The pain was so bad that the doc prescribed percocets.  I started out by taking four 5-325 mg percs orally per day, as suggested.  When I ran out a few days later he doubled the dosage to 10-325 mg.  I have been taking these for about a week, either a combonation of one pill orally in the morning and half a pill snorted at night or snorting half a pill in the morning and the other half at night.  I have 7.5 pills left but I don't plan on asking for another refill next week when I go to the doctor.  Can anyone tell me about when, typically, you start to become addicted?
There is no real timeframe.  If your not dependent yet then you are well on your way.. If youve never experienced opiate w/drawal you should consider yourself very lucky.  Are you addicted? I think so.  Snorting pills is addict behavior. Non-addicts wouldnt even think about that.  My advice is to quit it now and count your blessings that you are asking this after a few weeks of using them, and not a few years.  How long have you been on them all together?
Please STOP SNORTING.. You are just making this whole situation that much more difficult to stop!  I never 'snorted' my DOC but in the 3 years I was taking it (by mouth)
it created a DEMON ADDICTION...

Snorting ANYTHING just creates that pathway to a FASTER HIGH... (PLUS it's SOOO bad for your sinuses...and brain...)

I don't mean to be a NAG but.. you need to STOP!

Keep posting and if ya need any more "nagging" let me KNOW... I can do it!
I've only been on them for  ten days and snorting for about a week.  The only reason I snort is because I don't feel like I need to take one or even two pills so they will last longer.  I'm not addicted to smoking weed, because I have not smoked for months.  I like the high of weed better than pills anyways so when I finish with the pills I'm going to smoke again, recreationally.  
Thank you both for taking the time to write on my post.  It really means alot that complete strangers want to help other strangers. Thanks again.
I will help in the nagging with Norcoqueen!!

10 days -- you are lucky. .. throw out what is left.. and walk away NOW... once you get hooked on these things (and believe me, if you continue taking them, you WILL get hooked..) it will become a lifelong battle.  

Dont mess with opiates unless you absolutely have to.  Mono *****, but I dont think at this point its percocet worthy.  

You are already showing signs of addictive behavior.. Dont want to call you out but I will anyway (*smile*)

1) snorting (come on! people who dont have any addictive traits would NEVER snort a percocet!); and

2) you state..." . . .so they will last longer" -- stop trying to make them last longer!

Flush them.  You can tell yourself a million times you dont like how they make you feel, but at the same time your still taking them.....

Im not trying to be harsh, but I am an addict so I come at you with care and experience and not judgment..  Im just trying to keep you from slipping into the fire...

I wish you nothing but the best of luck on your journey.  God Bless.