Snorting Pills while pregnant
My friend Katie (not her real name) is pregnant. She is 18 and 15 weeks along. During the course of her pregnancy she has had frequent headaches and stomach aches. She tried to take tylenol but it just doesn't work. Another one of our friends that just gave birth told Katie that you can also take Percocet's while pregnant. Instead of asking a doctor or at least taking them orally she finds them from people off the street and snorts them. She doesn't do them that often but I'm still worried. Could this make complications in the pregnancy or the child?
I am going to respond to a post about percocet's from 2004 and bump it up and please read.  I have no idea if it will help the only thing I could find to answer your question, good luck and prayers out to her!
Percocet is one of the safer drugs to take in pregnancy, depending on how often she is taking them and how many.... most likely the baby will go thru withdrawals after birth.

I am not knowledgable about the difference in taking the meds orally versus snorting them- I think it just changes the rate of the effect of the drug- I don't know if the snorting aspect would have any implications to the baby.

If I were you, I would have a heart to heart with your friend and tell her that she is putting her baby @ increased risk for having a really hard first week of life :(
My personal opinion is that if she is snorting them, then she is not stranger to use, and is probably using more than you think she is.  You have to have some street knowledge and tolerance to the drugs to be snorting them.........i would think anyway.

I would talk to her and see if you can get her to come clean on how much she is really using.  Yes, it can hurt the baby.....

Nauty...........
Hah- so your friend has frequent headaches and stomache aches?

you mean she feels like she is pregnant? what a stupid and selfish reason to take -no
snort some drugs while she is carrying a baby.

she should be shamed big time at how bad of a mother that is.
She's pretty young, not that that excuses her behaviour but if I were you I'd do some research and print out some info on drug use and pregnancy as well as what the baby will experience re withdrawals. With concrete info she can decide what to do. Unfortunatly you can't force her to do anything or stop using, she has to make that choice. Good luck and you are being a good friend by seeking help.
Um, I am really sorry here, but did anyone bother to read this girls post???? NO, its not ok for her to be snorting anything with or without child. But especially since she is pregnant. I don't think that by people on here telling you to tell her that percocet is safe during pregnancy should in any warrant her drug use. That is horrible and the fact that she is 19 just baffles me that she has no clue what she is doing and is lucky to be pregnant. Tell your friend, that she needs to stop using while she is pregnant. That's it. Point blank.,
lisa good post ,Being an addict is not an excuse to use .
You guys r all stupid talking **** like your a ****** dr painkillers are ok to take once n a while when ur n bad pain pregnant! It's not like u should b doing em all day every day I'm saying once n a while expecily if your not that far along it will be fine drs prescribe painkillers so yeah it's fine shut the **** up with " oh your so selfish"