Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Snorting percocet

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Snorting percocet

A friend of mine is snorting percocet and she hasn't had any for at least a day. She is starting to go thru withdraw. How long will this last and is there anything I can do to help her get thru it? It kills me inside to stand by and watch her suffer.
1st off tell her to stop snorting it....That is insane. There are alot of things in percs that you dont want to snort. If your gonna do em eat em.....

hot bath.......stretching....hot bath......sleep...not much else.

Tell her to read the posts on here about tapering.....
Yea when i found out I was floored. Snorting anything is bad news. She sez she wants to stop but the pain hurts. she has no money to buy it so that is why she is in pain now. I am trying to help her as much as i can. Is there a rough time line of how long this will last? i know it will get worse before it gets better but I want to be as prepared as possiable. Sorry about my spelling.
Yeah...I cant spell either....

They say 3-5 days is the worst....10 days in total.. but you dont really feel normal again for about 2 months.

Everyone who does these has to stop at some time so now is as good a time as any....

She will feel like she has the flu....and thats the best thing to tell her..
I was reading about what to give her , as in food wise, and they said protein shakes and ensure help. 1. is that true and 2. do you know anything that will help? Also thank you for the help.
imodium liquid..ample doses...get it from walmart....there is an anti-nausea liquid at walmart too...also there is a vitamin supp called EmergenC there as well....the thomas recipe has the things she needs found in the health pages
Hi Thomas~

You're a good friend to find this place and be comfortable enough to ask questions.

I have a question for you.  Is she quitting for now because she's out, or does SHE want to stop permanently?

If she's just hanging in there for now, you're wasting your time.

This is what you really need to find out from her.  As bad as the withdrawals are for her right now, my guess is she's looking forward to the next fix if she hasn't set a plan.  If she stopped because she wanted to, and not just because she's out for now, then please introduce her to this forum.

We have all been in her shoes and can give great guidance.

Best Wishes,
Pamela
So night 1 is in the books and it was rough. She tossed and turned slept on the floor in the chair, in front of the AC and then back in the bed again. When i woke up for work i had her take most of the pills I bought and she kept saying they were not working. I hope she is wrong and that it may take a bit for them to kick in. I am looking for something to help her sleep at night. That is what is hurting her the most. She has no health care and i do not know a Dr who will put it in my name in order to help her sleep. I need over the counter stuff that can at least help her get a few hours sleep. Any ideas? Oh again thanks for the all the help.
She can use tylenol PM for sleeping.  Also they say magnesium tablets work.

Good luck.
Thank you seems to be that tylenol PM is the way to go. I will pick some up.
Update: Well i had to rush her to the ER because she was really freaking out. On the way there she told me it wasn percs but herion she was snorting. I was floored. needles to say we got some help. The withdraw was crazy but she is feeling much better and has gotten so sleep. I was a wreck watching her go thru pain and I would never wish this on anyone ever. Thank you for the help. I also started a new thread.