Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
So want to get rid of these...
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

So want to get rid of these...

Or at least to when I need. I have horrible RLS. Nothing to do with norco use. And Raynauds Syndrome and suspected autoimmune issues. Still being tested for those. Worst is night when it cycles into pain mode. I take Requip  for the restless symptoms and that works. But the pain from it at times or when I get really cold is unbearable. That is when I would take 1 pull. Or should.

I want yo get gown to where I take only when needed. I am doing 3 per day snorted. I know. But if I take oral it last 3-4 hrs and then I start feeling sick. That means I would be taking twice as much. I can spread out and make 1 last a lot longer snorting a little bit. Hate it though. Hate body being dependent on it  

This started when my husband introduced me to heroin. I was miserable after. I hated myself for starting that. Tried methadone but that was a pain. Finally detoxed using pills to get through worst. Then my husband had a motorcycle accident, 2 brain surgeries and rehab. I continued the pills to get myself through that daily so not feeling bad. Wasn't totally detoxed yet. Ever deal with someone witha traumatic brain injury? Total living hell for first year.

We are separated now since July 4th. He started using heroin again last Spring. I won't do that again ever. Won't have it in my house again ever!!  So I weaned down from @5 pills a day to now 3.  Want to continue till only when need. Don't like feeling bad just because I don't take a stupid pill. It is not a getting high thing. It's a hate sick thing.

My parents & family don't know about it all. They know my health issues but not how I take it. Can't tell them. I have 2 young girls and a house and really good full time job. Taking 2 weeks or even a week off is not an option. Can't die and take care of the girls too. Are there anything around to help with the upset stomach? I do baths for RLS and pain already so used to that just can't take the stomach. I know that is lame but how I am. Thanks for any advice.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
271792_tn?1334983257
Hi & Weklcome to the community,

Have you tried Imodium (immodium)? It was a life saver for me. It would be a good idea for you to speak to your doctor about a slower taper plan to bring you off easy because you have many medical problems. You should also speak to him about alternative pain management. I see so many members with legitimate pain go off the pills only to return because they did not make pm plans before they stopped the pills. You want to set yourself to be successful with this. Let us know how you are doing. If you have questions, feel free to ask.
Blank
Imodium. How much do you take? I know the lo primed has an opiate quality. Would I be dependent there too? I know what you mean about pain management. My doc said something about a patch but the only one I know of is Fentanyl and I will NOT go there!!! No way. Plus you can't take a hot bath with that on.

Thank you.
Blank
6726276_tn?1388332222
You'll be ok with the Imodium (immodium). It doesn't pass the blood brain. You do not get addicted to it in the same way as opioids.   Pamela
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...